Why I dislike most of this community ---

— and prefer to stick to other Halo related forums. websites and communities.

Or rather said why I dislike how most people act here, but the topic is limited, so I had to fit it somehow.

I remember when Halo Waypoint was good and Halo community was really nice.

Right now all I see are grown up (mature,hahahah… well, more or less ‘grown up’) men pretending they are badass Spartans and yet all they do it crying, whining and hating on everything possible.
Big? Sure. Big crybabies. Nothing more.

I remember when Halo community has been great, great people giving great feedback and just hating on everything, giving tons of negative energy and even making threads to employees so they have to close their social accounts…

It might be just me, maybe I’ve been in the Halo costuming community too long (and yet not long enough).

There can only be one Commander Palmer!

Well making a topic regarding this isn’t exactly going to change anything, the 200+ topics before this one regarding this “issue” tried and horribly failed.

Based on your forum, you seem to be in the same category you are putting everyone in. Grats

> 2533274810945725;2:
> There can only be one Commander Palmer!

This time as a long time Halo player only. :wink:

> I remember when Halo Waypoint was good

When I’m a Spartan Gold and someone says Halo Waypoint used to be good in the old days.

Well, I guess have fun making hundreds of “what’s your favorite armor” threads over at r/Halo.

If you want a Halo related hugbox, try reddit. All those mean ol’ nasty opinions will be buried in a cushion of downvotes, because God forbid you have to actually challenge one of your beliefs every once in a while. But if you’re implicitly asking people to limit discussion on a discussion forum then maybe you’re the problem, m80.

> 2533274808793619;3:
> Well making a topic regarding this isn’t exactly going to change anything, the 200+ topics before this one regarding this “issue” tried and horribly failed.

Sorry, I might have missed all these threads then. :confused:

So what exactly is the point of this thread? Are you trying to say youre leaving the waypoint community? If so, theres the door.

So… What’s the purpose of this post. Just complaining about complainers.
You post is basically ‘you guys are whiny brats and I hate you guys for it’.
Your post isn’t going to help the solution. I’m sorry for this harsh post but it’s true. Infact this post is most likely to be locked.

No one is making you post here. Go be with those other communities you love and forget Waypoint exists. Problem solved.

> 2533274823519895;7:
> If you want a Halo related hugbox, try reddit. All those mean ol’ nasty opinions will be buried in a cushion of downvotes, because God forbid you have to actually challenge one of your beliefs every once in a while. But if you’re implicitly asking people to limit discussion on a discussion forum then maybe you’re the problem, m80.

Sorry to disappoint. I don’t need reddit to only see the love and people glorifying.
I don’t ask people to limit discussion to just one thing, because it’s mainly focused about one thing.

> 2533274971171822;1:
> — and prefer to stick to other Halo related forums. websites and communities.
>
> I remember when Halo Waypoint was good and Halo community was really nice.
> Right now all I see are grown up (mature,hahahah… well, more or less ‘grown up’) men pretending they are badass Spartans and yet all they do it crying, whining and hating on everything possible.
>
> Big? Sure. Big crybabies. Nothing more.
>
> I remember when Halo community has been great, great people giving great feedback and just hating on everything, giving tons of negative energy and even making threads to employees so they have to close their social accounts…
>
> It might be just me, maybe I’ve been in the Halo costuming community too long (and yet not long enough).

The community has been going down for some time but it seems to be getting better. It’s not that people are just being crybabies, though that is a reason why people will nit pick the really small stuff, but some of us still actually care and try to make 343 aware of things that are a problem. The community has never been elegant when it comes to pointing out things but the tone has certainly changed. Im sure you’ve been here long enough to know this.

The reason most of us are so salty Its because we cant capture all the bases and destroy the enemy core!

> 2533274971171822;1:
> — and prefer to stick to other Halo related forums. websites and communities.
>
> I remember when Halo Waypoint was good and Halo community was really nice.
> Right now all I see are grown up (mature,hahahah… well, more or less ‘grown up’) men pretending they are badass Spartans and yet all they do it crying, whining and hating on everything possible.
>
> Big? Sure. Big crybabies. Nothing more.
>
> I remember when Halo community has been great, great people giving great feedback and just hating on everything, giving tons of negative energy and even making threads to employees so they have to close their social accounts…
>
> It might be just me, maybe I’ve been in the Halo costuming community too long (and yet not long enough).

Oh, well to bad you can’t handle anyone else’s opinion. People give tons of feedback, but Waypoint is now infested with people who lack the ability to discern between hate and critism, and ride anything that disagrees with them as “haters”.

> 2533274823519895;7:
> If you want a Halo related hugbox, try reddit. All those mean ol’ nasty opinions will be buried in a cushion of downvotes, because God forbid you have to actually challenge one of your beliefs every once in a while. But if you’re implicitly asking people to limit discussion on a discussion forum then maybe you’re the problem, m80.

Saw this in some guys signature and thought it perfectly sums up the Halo communities..
I like Waypoint because there’s a greater variety of discussion (it isn’t JUST hugboxing or JUST criticism), but man if Waypoint isn’t utterly ridiculous most of the time.

> 2533274970658419;14:
> > 2533274971171822;1:
> > — and prefer to stick to other Halo related forums. websites and communities.
> >
> > I remember when Halo Waypoint was good and Halo community was really nice.
> > Right now all I see are grown up (mature,hahahah… well, more or less ‘grown up’) men pretending they are badass Spartans and yet all they do it crying, whining and hating on everything possible.
> >
> > Big? Sure. Big crybabies. Nothing more.
> >
> > I remember when Halo community has been great, great people giving great feedback and just hating on everything, giving tons of negative energy and even making threads to employees so they have to close their social accounts…
> >
> > It might be just me, maybe I’ve been in the Halo costuming community too long (and yet not long enough).
>
>
> Oh, well to bad you can’t handle anyone else’s opinion. People give tons of feedback, but Waypoint is now infested with people who lack the ability to discern between hate and critism, and ride anything that disagrees with them as “haters”.

Give me a bullet and a time machine, and I’d use them on whoever first coined the term “hater”. Remember when people had to at least contrive some criticism-deflecting explanations such as jealousy? Now you don’t even have to do that anymore, just call them a “hater” and you’re free to ignore facts, logic and reason all day long.

> 2533274824062509;20:
> > 2533274823519895;7:
> > If you want a Halo related hugbox, try reddit. All those mean ol’ nasty opinions will be buried in a cushion of downvotes, because God forbid you have to actually challenge one of your beliefs every once in a while. But if you’re implicitly asking people to limit discussion on a discussion forum then maybe you’re the problem, m80.
>
>
> Another hater as described

Case in point, lads.

> 2533274808793619;3:
> Well making a topic regarding this isn’t exactly going to change anything, the 200+ topics before this one regarding this “issue” tried and horribly failed.

^ this. Exactly what he is talking about. A negative non-constructive post. These seem to be the norm.

> 2533274819302824;15:
> > 2533274823519895;7:
> > If you want a Halo related hugbox, try reddit. All those mean ol’ nasty opinions will be buried in a cushion of downvotes, because God forbid you have to actually challenge one of your beliefs every once in a while. But if you’re implicitly asking people to limit discussion on a discussion forum then maybe you’re the problem, m80.
>
>
> Saw this in some guys signature and thought it perfectly sums up the Halo communities..
> I like Waypoint because there’s a greater variety of discussion (it isn’t JUST hugboxing or JUST criticism), but man if Waypoint isn’t utterly ridiculous most of the time.

I enjoy Waypoint for that reason. It is a mixture of the both sides of everything. They also appear to have a good activity of people seeing the items on here from time to time.

There would probably be a lot more constructive discussion going on if people would step away from making useless threads complaining about complainers, threads that are just people raging at an issue without constructively critiquing it or people just saying something is good and -Yoink- the haters. I’ve made it to Spartan - Onyx rank here, I’ve been here for over three years, I know good stuff is posted but nobody flocks to it despite the demand for it. I’ve tried to post well-constructed analyses and criticism here and it goes nowhere. I even tried that on r/Halo and all I got was like two “Good post!” replies and a TL;DR.

> 2533274823519895;7:

Another hater as described