Why i didn't enjoy Halo 4

So i have been a huge fan of the halo series since i got my first Xbox (which came with Halo CE) and i have thoroughly enjoyed all the halo games (including Halo Wars) up to Halo 4 and here are some of the reasons why i don’t enjoy Halo 4.

1. No region search for multiplayer which meant that i am constantly in poor connection games (i live in New Zealand.)

2. I don’t like the ordinance drop system. It means that there is a large amount of power weapons in a multiplayer game and winning a game can come down to which team gets the better power weapons from their ordinance drop

3. Prometheans. Not only did i not like them as an enemy in the Campaign and spartan ops but all of their weapons except one is a one shot kill ruining multiplayer for me.

4. Spartan ops got real boring real quick and i would have preferred firefight.

5. The continuation of armor abilities and sprint. From halo ce to Halo 3:ODST i never wanted or needed to sprint as you had a fast base movement speed. Promethean vision is OP along with active camo while other abilities such as thruster pack and hologram are near useless.

6. Absolutely despise custom loadouts. Sure default loadouts could be a pain (looking at you AR on Boardwalk which rarely reached the 50 kills) but it resulted in an even playing field and people couldn’t spawn with one shot weapons (bolt shot) or spam plasma grenades looking for sticks. This for me ruined big team battle as when someone gets in a vehicle they are constantly spammed by plasma pistol shots closely followed by plasma grenades.

7. Boring campaign. I found the campaign to be pretty boring (which im sure alot of people would disagree with me) This is the only campaign i haven’t completed on legendary and i cant see me attempting this anytime soon.

8. Limited Custom Games options. Custom games are a big part of halo and it feels that 343i have taken a step back by limiting options and removing entire gametypes such as race and assault. One thing that really pissed me off was how 343i not only butchered the CTF gametype but also made it impossible to change the custom game settings so its like the original version. Also no one flag CTF :frowning:

I am sure that people will disagree with me on many or all of these points which they are entitled to but this for me is the first Halo game i got bored of in the first month which is really sad since i loved the halo franchise.

> So i have been a huge fan of the halo series since i got my first Xbox (which came with Halo CE) and i have thoroughly enjoyed all the halo games (including Halo Wars) up to Halo 4 and here are some of the reasons why i don’t enjoy Halo 4.
>
> 1) No region search for multiplayer which meant that i am constantly in poor connection games (i live in New Zealand.)
>
> 2) I don’t like the ordinance drop system. It means that there is a large amount of power weapons in a multiplayer game and winning a game can come down to which team gets the better power weapons from their ordinance drop
>
> 3) Prometheans. Not only did i not like them as an enemy in the Campaign and spartan ops but all of their weapons except one is a one shot kill ruining multiplayer for me.
>
> 4) Spartan ops got real boring real quick and i would have preferred firefight.
>
> 5) The continuation of armor abilities and sprint. From halo ce to Halo 3:ODST i never wanted or needed to sprint as you had a fast base movement speed. Promethean vision is OP along with active camo while other abilities such as thruster pack and hologram are near useless.
>
> 6) Absolutely despise custom loadouts. Sure default loadouts could be a pain (looking at you AR on Boardwalk which rarely reached the 50 kills) but it resulted in an even playing field and people couldn’t spawn with one shot weapons (bolt shot) or spam plasma grenades looking for sticks. This for me ruined big team battle as when someone gets in a vehicle they are constantly spammed by plasma pistol shots closely followed by plasma grenades.
>
> 7) <mark>Boring campaign.</mark> I found the campaign to be pretty boring (which im sure alot of people would disagree with me) This is the only campaign i haven’t completed on legendary and i cant see me attempting this anytime soon.
>
> 8) Limited Custom Games options. Custom games are a big part of halo and it feels that 343i have taken a step back by limiting options and removing entire gametypes such as race and assault. One thing that really pissed me off was how 343i not only butchered the CTF gametype but also made it impossible to change the custom game settings so its like the original version. Also no one flag CTF :frowning:
>
> I am sure that people will disagree with me on many or all of these points which they are entitled to but this for me is the first Halo game i got bored of in the first month which is really sad since i loved the halo franchise.

Did you at least like the story? Because I quite enjoyed it, infact it was probably the highlight of Halo 4 for me.

I agree with every single point.

The multiplayer has been massively dumbed down.

The campaign was ok but not good. The worst thing for me was the linearity, I felt like I was being forced through a tube most of the time along with having to use certain vehicles which was one of the great things about earlier halos, you rarely were forced to use a vehicle and could approach situations in numerous ways.

The story I thought was a bit of a mess as the stories have been since Halo 2, unnecessarily overcomplicated and disengaging for me personally. I didn’t find the prometheans and especially the didact to be very halo like either.

The campaign in Halo 4 wasn’t that bad it just got a bit boring in the middle of the campaign and i didn’t like having the Master Chief who a killing machine crying over an a bit of technology. I didn’t like the Prometheans as enemies and my favorite parts of the campaign would have to be the battles against the covenant.

> Did you at least like the story? Because I quite enjoyed it, infact it was probably the highlight of Halo 4 for me

The story was beyond confusing.

No information whatsoever of why the Didact, wants to kill humanity. Yes, finding the terminals and that is covered, but on my first play through I had no idea what was going on.

I agree completely with this post. I found that every time 343 updated the game, it got less and less fun. I got to the point where I cant stop myself from yelling at the screen because someone just spawned behind me with a bolt shot.

The campaign, in my opinion was horrible. They took it in a direction that was just rediculous. For instance, Master Chief (being a military man) wouldnt have gotten an emotional attatchment to a computer AI. Also, the effects didnt catch my eye at all.

How the multiplayer went down for me was, I was having fun with my buddys with all the new unlocks, but then “New Update” we got Team Snipers, oh wait King of the Hill is gone. “New Update” we got Community Forge Test, oh look Team Snipers is gone. “New Update” we got Team Doubles, wow Community is gone. Also Team Doubles is -Yoink-, insta spawn, -Yoink- spawn, wtf is up with that?

Not to mention all of the classic gametypes are not even in the game. such as, One Flag, Assault, Multi Team, Squad Battles, Big Team Objective.

In conclusion, I give Halo 4 a 4 star out of 10.

P.S.

if Halo 5 is anything remotely as bad as Halo 4, I am not going to get it.

> So i have been a huge fan of the halo series since i got my first Xbox (which came with Halo CE) and i have thoroughly enjoyed all the halo games (including Halo Wars) up to Halo 4 and here are some of the reasons why i don’t enjoy Halo 4.
>
> 1) No region search for multiplayer which meant that i am constantly in poor connection games (i live in New Zealand.)
>
> 2) I don’t like the ordinance drop system. It means that there is a large amount of power weapons in a multiplayer game and winning a game can come down to which team gets the better power weapons from their ordinance drop
>
> 3) Prometheans. Not only did i not like them as an enemy in the Campaign and spartan ops but all of their weapons except one is a one shot kill ruining multiplayer for me.
>
> 4) Spartan ops got real boring real quick and i would have preferred firefight.
>
> 5) The continuation of armor abilities and sprint. From halo ce to Halo 3:ODST i never wanted or needed to sprint as you had a fast base movement speed. Promethean vision is OP along with active camo while other abilities such as thruster pack and hologram are near useless.
>
> 6) Absolutely despise custom loadouts. Sure default loadouts could be a pain (looking at you AR on Boardwalk which rarely reached the 50 kills) but it resulted in an even playing field and people couldn’t spawn with one shot weapons (bolt shot) or spam plasma grenades looking for sticks. This for me ruined big team battle as when someone gets in a vehicle they are constantly spammed by plasma pistol shots closely followed by plasma grenades.
>
> 7) Boring campaign. I found the campaign to be pretty boring (which im sure alot of people would disagree with me) This is the only campaign i haven’t completed on legendary and i cant see me attempting this anytime soon.
>
> 8) Limited Custom Games options. Custom games are a big part of halo and it feels that 343i have taken a step back by limiting options and removing entire gametypes such as race and assault. One thing that really pissed me off was how 343i not only butchered the CTF gametype but also made it impossible to change the custom game settings so its like the original version. Also no one flag CTF :frowning:
>
> I am sure that people will disagree with me on many or all of these points which they are entitled to but this for me is the first Halo game i got bored of in the first month which is really sad since i loved the halo franchise.

Sorry you feel that way man, I agree to some extent of what you are saying. It’s a good game overall, but I thought it kind of lacked for a Halo game. Some things should have been there from the start as well.

I’m not gonna go through your list and refute them all because these are your opinions, but I got bored with this game as well, got Black Ops II and played that for a day. Couldn’t even get through that campaign and it gave me a new appreciation for Halo 4, even with all of it’s issues.

The only thing I’m gonna correct you on is that Prometheans have 2 weapons that are not one shot kills (That I can remember), The Light Rifle and the Suppressor. =D

> Master Chief (being a military man) wouldnt have gotten an emotional attatchment to a computer AI. Also, the effects didnt catch my eye at all.

Yeah… they tried to show him being a little bit more “Human”… I thought they kinda -Yoinked!- that up. I mean, all the years he’s been this mysterious badass dude, saved humanity several times, Destroyed fleets of the Covenant, and then in this campaign there is all this drama, and he’s all like “Nuuuuuuuu =(”

I would have liked to seen it go another direction, but it is what it is.

Why I didn’t enjoy your post

1. You suck

2. halo 4 rules