Why I am still confident in Halo Infinite

Halo infinite is about 2-4 months from release, and I have seen mostly positive comments about what we have seen so far, but also many negative and worried comments, as well as rumors of development trouble and trouble within the studio. Rest assured I think halo infinite will be a great game by this holiday season. Here are some considerations about the game.

1. What we saw on july 23rd was actually an honest demo, it was not doctored to look spotless. This means 343 did not waste any development time to doctor the demo. If anything, I would be more worried about the game if the demo looked too good.
  2. Gameplay looks smooth and that is the most important and difficult part of development. Gameplay takes much more time of development than graphics. Graphics will almost certainly improve by this fall.
  3. I know the game does not look great, and some games look a little better, but I really have not seen any upcoming game that I have been blown away by its graphics. Infact none of the next gen games we have seen so far really look next gen at all. Halo infinite looks on par with many other games coming this fall.
  4. Speaking of other games coming this fall, we have actually seen more of halo infinite than many big releases this holiday. No call of duty footage yet, a short teaser for rainbow six quarantine, and very little of many other big releases.
  5. There are rumors of development troubles and troubles within the studio. Yes , this could be a problem, but again, many game studios have had very similar rumors lately, it is likely a trend of a few angry employees and wannabe leakers.

Many recent games have angered large portions of fanbases and so many fans are worried about upcoming sequels. Covid has of course caused trouble, and some people worry that halo infinite will be unfinished. But nearly 5 years into development, and after seeing the demo, I am confident halo infinite is where it needs to be for this fall, and I think we will get a fantastic game this holiday season.

> 2535447175857524;1:
> Gameplay looks smooth and that is the most important and difficult part of development. Gameplay takes much more time of development than graphics. Graphics will almost certainly improve by this fall.

Couldn’t agree more. Graphics and visuals are much easier to fix than broken systems or unfun gameplay. Look forward to playing Infinite within the next couple months.

I agree, game doesn’t deserve all the hate it is getting

> 2535447175857524;1:
> Halo infinite is about 2-4 months from release, and I have seen mostly positive comments about what we have seen so far, but also many negative and worried comments, as well as rumors of development trouble and trouble within the studio. Rest assured I think halo infinite will be a great game by this holiday season. Here are some considerations about the game.
>
> 1. What we saw on july 23rd was actually an honest demo, it was not doctored to look spotless. This means 343 did not waste any development time to doctor the demo. If anything, I would be more worried about the game if the demo looked too good.
> 2. Gameplay looks smooth and that is the most important and difficult part of development. Gameplay takes much more time of development than graphics. Graphics will almost certainly improve by this fall.
> 3. I know the game does not look great, and some games look a little better, but I really have not seen any upcoming game that I have been blown away by its graphics. Infact none of the next gen games we have seen so far really look next gen at all. Halo infinite looks on par with many other games coming this fall.
> 4. Speaking of other games coming this fall, we have actually seen more of halo infinite than many big releases this holiday. No call of duty footage yet, a short teaser for rainbow six quarantine, and very little of many other big releases.
> 5. There are rumors of development troubles and troubles within the studio. Yes , this could be a problem, but again, many game studios have had very similar rumors lately, it is likely a trend of a few angry employees and wannabe leakers.
>
> Many recent games have angered large portions of fanbases and so many fans are worried about upcoming sequels. Covid has of course caused trouble, and some people worry that halo infinite will be unfinished. But nearly 5 years into development, and after seeing the demo, I am confident halo infinite is where it needs to be for this fall, and I think we will get a fantastic game this holiday season.

So with 5 years of development. If the game looked good you would of been worried?

I’m concerned about a few choices, but definitely hopeful and looking forward to this.

> 2535447175857524;1:
> Halo infinite is about 2-4 months from release.

Halo 5 was about a year from release when we got it’s beta and graphically it looked way better than what we’ve seen of Halo Infinite imo. I’m not a hater but I am concerned. What we got on 23rd July was underwhelming, graphics were poor, pop in was dreadful, animations were odd, especially the ship turning in the sky, detail was bad, lighting was odd etc etc.

I appreciate what we got with the Halo 5 beta is completely different from a campaign reveal, but it was visually superior, again imo. I’m hopeful they get Halo Infinite finished, working and looking good when it releases, but I have my doubts. I expect a functional game that will need updating, just like Halo 5. We also don’t kow about how the game will be monetised, if at all.

I’m hopeful but equally apprehensive.

There’s certainly a fair few concerns as regards to the gameplay demo we saw, the overall gameplay looked fun and ‘Halo’, but the graphics were not exactly what I was expecting. It was not a huge bummer, and the artstyle itself, the more cartoony, colorful Halo: CE artstyle was very very nice, I loved that. But I do hope they fix the rather obvious pop-in before the game’s launch, and also add facial animations to the brutes and such

Yeah, I’m seeing a lot of complaining about the graphics, but here’s my opinion: so what if they don’t look amazing? As long as it has fun gameplay, a good amount of multiplayer game modes at launch, a solid Forge mode, and no overly aggressive monetization, then Halo Infinite’s graphics could look like garbage for all I care.

> 2533274904158628;8:
> Yeah, I’m seeing a lot of complaining about the graphics, but here’s my opinion: so what if they don’t look amazing? As long as it has fun gameplay, a good amount of multiplayer game modes at launch, a solid Forge mode, and no overly aggressive monetization, then Halo Infinite’s graphics could look like garbage for all I care.

I agree. I would take that scenario right now. However, with f2p multiplayer I see an overly agressive monetization system day one. After Halo 5’s req system, the recent reveal and multiple reports that indicate and even confirm a 10 year plan, I’m not confident.

Now, if f2p multiplayer means all the campaign expansions are paid for with their monetisation ? I could accept that, possibly. After the reveal, the f2p announcement and this 10 year model that reeks of a Destiny esque gaas to me, I’m very much on the fence again.

As always, I’ll be very happy to be wrong.

> 2533274904158628;8:
> Yeah, I’m seeing a lot of complaining about the graphics, but here’s my opinion: so what if they don’t look amazing? As long as it has fun gameplay, a good amount of multiplayer game modes at launch, a solid Forge mode, and no overly aggressive monetization, then Halo Infinite’s graphics could look like garbage for all I care.

Agreed

> 2533274793248262;4:
> > 2535447175857524;1:
> > Halo infinite is about 2-4 months from release, and I have seen mostly positive comments about what we have seen so far, but also many negative and worried comments, as well as rumors of development trouble and trouble within the studio. Rest assured I think halo infinite will be a great game by this holiday season. Here are some considerations about the game.
> >
> > 1. What we saw on july 23rd was actually an honest demo, it was not doctored to look spotless. This means 343 did not waste any development time to doctor the demo. If anything, I would be more worried about the game if the demo looked too good.
> > 2. Gameplay looks smooth and that is the most important and difficult part of development. Gameplay takes much more time of development than graphics. Graphics will almost certainly improve by this fall.
> > 3. I know the game does not look great, and some games look a little better, but I really have not seen any upcoming game that I have been blown away by its graphics. Infact none of the next gen games we have seen so far really look next gen at all. Halo infinite looks on par with many other games coming this fall.
> > 4. Speaking of other games coming this fall, we have actually seen more of halo infinite than many big releases this holiday. No call of duty footage yet, a short teaser for rainbow six quarantine, and very little of many other big releases.
> > 5. There are rumors of development troubles and troubles within the studio. Yes , this could be a problem, but again, many game studios have had very similar rumors lately, it is likely a trend of a few angry employees and wannabe leakers.
> >
> > Many recent games have angered large portions of fanbases and so many fans are worried about upcoming sequels. Covid has of course caused trouble, and some people worry that halo infinite will be unfinished. But nearly 5 years into development, and after seeing the demo, I am confident halo infinite is where it needs to be for this fall, and I think we will get a fantastic game this holiday season.
>
> So with 5 years of development. If the game looked good you would of been worried?

Not if the game looked good, which I think it already does look good for a few months from release. I would be worried if the demo just looked too good.

> 2535447175857524;11:
> > 2533274793248262;4:
> > > 2535447175857524;1:
> > > Halo infinite is about 2-4 months from release, and I have seen mostly positive comments about what we have seen so far, but also many negative and worried comments, as well as rumors of development trouble and trouble within the studio. Rest assured I think halo infinite will be a great game by this holiday season. Here are some considerations about the game.
> > >
> > > 1. What we saw on july 23rd was actually an honest demo, it was not doctored to look spotless. This means 343 did not waste any development time to doctor the demo. If anything, I would be more worried about the game if the demo looked too good.
> > > 2. Gameplay looks smooth and that is the most important and difficult part of development. Gameplay takes much more time of development than graphics. Graphics will almost certainly improve by this fall.
> > > 3. I know the game does not look great, and some games look a little better, but I really have not seen any upcoming game that I have been blown away by its graphics. Infact none of the next gen games we have seen so far really look next gen at all. Halo infinite looks on par with many other games coming this fall.
> > > 4. Speaking of other games coming this fall, we have actually seen more of halo infinite than many big releases this holiday. No call of duty footage yet, a short teaser for rainbow six quarantine, and very little of many other big releases.
> > > 5. There are rumors of development troubles and troubles within the studio. Yes , this could be a problem, but again, many game studios have had very similar rumors lately, it is likely a trend of a few angry employees and wannabe leakers.
> > >
> > > Many recent games have angered large portions of fanbases and so many fans are worried about upcoming sequels. Covid has of course caused trouble, and some people worry that halo infinite will be unfinished. But nearly 5 years into development, and after seeing the demo, I am confident halo infinite is where it needs to be for this fall, and I think we will get a fantastic game this holiday season.
> >
> > So with 5 years of development. If the game looked good you would of been worried?
>
> Not if the game looked good, which I think it already does look good for a few months from release. I would be worried if the demo just looked too good.

That makes zero sense. However I dont ever pay attention to them. They are usually false anyway. But usually look better than when they release on console. Rainbow 6 Siedge looked amazing in the first gameplay demo.

> 2533274793248262;12:
> > 2535447175857524;11:
> > > 2533274793248262;4:
> > > > 2535447175857524;1:
> > > > Halo infinite is about 2-4 months from release, and I have seen mostly positive comments about what we have seen so far, but also many negative and worried comments, as well as rumors of development trouble and trouble within the studio. Rest assured I think halo infinite will be a great game by this holiday season. Here are some considerations about the game.
> > > >
> > > > 1. What we saw on july 23rd was actually an honest demo, it was not doctored to look spotless. This means 343 did not waste any development time to doctor the demo. If anything, I would be more worried about the game if the demo looked too good.
> > > > 2. Gameplay looks smooth and that is the most important and difficult part of development. Gameplay takes much more time of development than graphics. Graphics will almost certainly improve by this fall.
> > > > 3. I know the game does not look great, and some games look a little better, but I really have not seen any upcoming game that I have been blown away by its graphics. Infact none of the next gen games we have seen so far really look next gen at all. Halo infinite looks on par with many other games coming this fall.
> > > > 4. Speaking of other games coming this fall, we have actually seen more of halo infinite than many big releases this holiday. No call of duty footage yet, a short teaser for rainbow six quarantine, and very little of many other big releases.
> > > > 5. There are rumors of development troubles and troubles within the studio. Yes , this could be a problem, but again, many game studios have had very similar rumors lately, it is likely a trend of a few angry employees and wannabe leakers.
> > > >
> > > > Many recent games have angered large portions of fanbases and so many fans are worried about upcoming sequels. Covid has of course caused trouble, and some people worry that halo infinite will be unfinished. But nearly 5 years into development, and after seeing the demo, I am confident halo infinite is where it needs to be for this fall, and I think we will get a fantastic game this holiday season.
> > >
> > > So with 5 years of development. If the game looked good you would of been worried?
> >
> > Not if the game looked good, which I think it already does look good for a few months from release. I would be worried if the demo just looked too good.
>
> That makes zero sense. However I dont ever pay attention to them. They are usually false anyway. But usually look better than when they release on console. Rainbow 6 Siedge looked amazing in the first gameplay demo.

They often spend too much time on a super polished demo and dont spend enough time on the actual retail game. Ex) anthem, aliens colonial marines, halo 2, halo 5, etc…
What we saw this showcase suggests they are focused on the retail game rather than the demo and marketing.

I am not optimistic at all.

Multi Gen, Mutli Platform, with an ambitious 10 year plan. This is Destiny " If you see it you can go there" and “Oh you got to go there just 2 paid expansions later.” all over again. I’ll still give it a try, and hopefully be proven wrong, but time will tell.

By holiday 2021 it should be a top notch game , in light of the fact that we will be beta testing all through that year , it seems to be lost on the community how important this part is in the mordern gaming landscape . Luckily we have gamepass so I’m ok with testing the game knowing I can opt out at anytime if I’m not liking the product .

At at this stage I wouldn’t be pre ordering either the game or the next gen console I haven’t seen anything in the demo or the damage controlled media after that screams to me that I should .

Most negativity is from the graphics side of things which I can understand if that is what you care about. As far as game play goes the game is looking solid. In the end game play is all that matters. As long as we don’t have another pistol/ar start competitive scene I do believe the game is going to succeed.

> 2598282106454479;14:
> I am not optimistic at all.
>
> Multi Gen, Mutli Platform, with an ambitious 10 year plan. This is Destiny " If you see it you can go there" and “Oh you got to go there just 2 paid expansions later.” all over again. I’ll still give it a try, and hopefully be proven wrong, but time will tell.

I doubt paid expansions would work like that. Probably more along the lines of armor sets and skins for mp

> 2535447175857524;17:
> > 2598282106454479;14:
> > I am not optimistic at all.
> >
> > Multi Gen, Mutli Platform, with an ambitious 10 year plan. This is Destiny " If you see it you can go there" and “Oh you got to go there just 2 paid expansions later.” all over again. I’ll still give it a try, and hopefully be proven wrong, but time will tell.
>
> I doubt paid expansions would work like that. Probably more along the lines of armor sets and skins for mp

I know it won’t be paid expansions. I understand the use of Infinite to push the Game Pass, and MS push for 70$ games. The issue is the lack of actual information about how this all works out in the future. How long will they support the older Gen? Will we see massive content droughts like in Destiny. Paid or not that can kill interest, especially if the MP is lackluster. Speaking of MP what’s the deal with the F2P MP?

These are all important questions for me, that should have answers this close to launch where they are also using the game to sell a Next Gen console. More so after such a lackluster showing of the new lineup for the Series X.

> 2598282106454479;18:
> > 2535447175857524;17:
> > > 2598282106454479;14:
> > > I am not optimistic at all.
> > >
> > > Multi Gen, Mutli Platform, with an ambitious 10 year plan. This is Destiny " If you see it you can go there" and “Oh you got to go there just 2 paid expansions later.” all over again. I’ll still give it a try, and hopefully be proven wrong, but time will tell.
> >
> > I doubt paid expansions would work like that. Probably more along the lines of armor sets and skins for mp
>
> I know it won’t be paid expansions. I understand the use of Infinite to push the Game Pass, and MS push for 70$ games. The issue is the lack of actual information about how this all works out in the future. How long will they support the older Gen? Will we see massive content droughts like in Destiny. Paid or not that can kill interest, especially if the MP is lackluster. Speaking of MP what’s the deal with the F2P MP?
>
> These are all important questions for me, that should have answers this close to launch where they are also using the game to sell a Next Gen console.

Those are all good questions, and yes, we should have answers by now. My guess is at least some of it will be unveiled this month or early September at among digital event as well as the exact release date

> 2535447175857524;1:
> Halo infinite is about 2-4 months from release, and I have seen mostly positive comments about what we have seen so far, but also many negative and worried comments, as well as rumors of development trouble and trouble within the studio. Rest assured I think halo infinite will be a great game by this holiday season. Here are some considerations about the game.
>
> 1. What we saw on july 23rd was actually an honest demo, it was not doctored to look spotless. This means 343 did not waste any development time to doctor the demo. If anything, I would be more worried about the game if the demo looked too good.
> 2. Gameplay looks smooth and that is the most important and difficult part of development. Gameplay takes much more time of development than graphics. Graphics will almost certainly improve by this fall.
> 3. I know the game does not look great, and some games look a little better, but I really have not seen any upcoming game that I have been blown away by its graphics. Infact none of the next gen games we have seen so far really look next gen at all. Halo infinite looks on par with many other games coming this fall.
> 4. Speaking of other games coming this fall, we have actually seen more of halo infinite than many big releases this holiday. No call of duty footage yet, a short teaser for rainbow six quarantine, and very little of many other big releases.
> 5. There are rumors of development troubles and troubles within the studio. Yes , this could be a problem, but again, many game studios have had very similar rumors lately, it is likely a trend of a few angry employees and wannabe leakers.
>
> Many recent games have angered large portions of fanbases and so many fans are worried about upcoming sequels. Covid has of course caused trouble, and some people worry that halo infinite will be unfinished. But nearly 5 years into development, and after seeing the demo, I am confident halo infinite is where it needs to be for this fall, and I think we will get a fantastic game this holiday season.

• Actually the demo was only a few weeks old. Unyshek said this in the latest community update. - The gameplay didn’t look too bad but graphics are what sell games generally. If you’re trying to push a next generation system and your graphics don’t look next gen that’s not good. And there’s no guarantee they will look better, fall. - Personally I think there’s been quite a few games that look better but this is also personal preference. - It’s true we haven’t, minus the new Assassin’s Creed, Crossfire and a few other ones. I don’t really see how that will help infinite at all. If anything it might hurt it when other people start showing their games. - I don’t think this is as big of an issue as some people make it out to be either, I agree… but I can understand why some people would be concerned though.See, for a lot of people what they saw after 5 years of development was not next generation at all. If they said that was an Xbox One game I think most people would then say it looks pretty good but unfortunately it’s not. I definitely understand people’s concerns with a lot of things. As I’ve said in previous posts, I firmly believe that 343I care about the Halo franchise but the fact of the matter is their past track record isn’t great unfortunately, so I’m definitely concerned. I’m also looking forward to it, don’t get me wrong, but yeah… I’m concerned and I definitely want a complete game at launch!

> 2533274904158628;8:

I hear what you’re saying and I don’t totally disagree with you as for me fun factor is the most important as well by far! BUT with the exception of Minecraft, It’s graphics that sell games. It’s graphics that has you telling your buddy "omg you have to play this game, It looks incredible!! And it’s graphics that showcase the power of next generation systems. If your games don’t look amazing people are going to be asking themselves “why should I buy that when it doesn’t look any better than anything I have now…”

That’s the problem… And that’s why Microsoft should be concerned. Remember this is supposed to be there flagship title. You want people’s reaction to your flagship title to be "that looks AMAZING!!! not “meh… It looks okay” or “It doesn’t look any better than current gen” …that’s not the reaction you want.