Why haven't we seen the campaign yet?

Why do you guys think we haven’t seen anything from the campaign yet?

I think it’s to avoid too much hype and avoid a Guardians situation, because it’s either brutally unfinished or very underwhelming. Also, given the fallout last time, maybe there’s some PTSD going on. I would love to be proven wrong. I would love for the campaign to be a finished, beautiful product. But we all know that’s not going to happen. So, what do you think is the reason 343 has not shown the campaign for a year?

I have no idea. I’d be surprised if it wasn’t close to gold, or if they didn’t have something epic to show at this point. Surely with only 9 weeks left it must be in the process of polishing.

The optimist in me is saying it’s because they have something huge planned.

> 2533274801036271;2:
> I have no idea. I’d be surprised if it wasn’t close to gold, or if they didn’t have something epic to show at this point. Surely with only 9 weeks left it must be in the process of polishing.
>
> The optimist in me is saying it’s because they have something huge planned.

what’s the realist in you saying?

> 2535417949951432;3:
> > 2533274801036271;2:
> >
>
> what’s the realist in you saying?

Marketing will be more effective closer to release and the buzz created from showing campaign footage is just free advertising.

Maybe October Insider Infinite we get a video. I want to see how much it’s improved.

> 2533274801036271;4:
> > 2535417949951432;3:
> > > 2533274801036271;2:
> > >
> >
> > what’s the realist in you saying?
>
> Marketing will be more effective closer to release and the buzz created from showing campaign footage is just free advertising.
>
> Maybe October Insider Infinite we get a video. I want to see how much it’s improved.

I see what you mean, that’s probably it. Also multiplayer will be free and will probably attract way more people so they’re focusing on that for the time being.
Microsoft also hasn’t shown much from Forza Horizon 5 either, and that comes out in November so maybe it’s a guerilla marketing technique they just discovered.

I’m hoping it’s cause they’ve got a lot of really cool surprises in store and they don’t wanna ruin certain moments or character reveals which would be cool for me. A lot of media now tends to ruin themselves by showing too much before it’s released so maybe they’re trying to do the opposite. The premise already sounds great so I’m good with just that for now. I wouldn’t mind seeing maybe an extra minute of footage before launch though.

> 2535433953554314;6:
> I’m hoping it’s cause they’ve got a lot of really cool surprises in store and they don’t wanna ruin certain moments or character reveals which would be cool for me. A lot of media now tends to ruin themselves by showing too much before it’s released so maybe they’re trying to do the opposite. The premise already sounds great so I’m good with just that for now. I wouldn’t mind seeing maybe an extra minute of footage before launch though.

Hard agree. It would be nice to see a little bit just because they worked on/improved so much from last time. I don’t need to see the Flood or anything, just like two minutes to let us know if it still looks like mud

We know enough to know that you play as MC and it’s on a Halo ring and you kill aliens. That’s all we need to know really. No reason to see every part of the game before it comes out.

I don’t think they’re planning to show us much more. One gameplay trailer, and maybe some short promo videos to stick across YouTube. Makes sense to release that trailer maybe a month before launch? People expecting another gameplay demo like last E3, I think, need to reconfigure their expectations. We might see some screenshots and information in an inside infinite that’ll set our expectations on length, mission structure, that kind of thing, but I’m doubtful of even that tbh.

The best hype is no hype

I think it boils down to…they really don’t need to. We’ve seen the campaign demo, we’ve seen multiple trailers. There’s nothing we need to see right now immediately. And like you said, they could be trying to avoid a Halo 5 situation by just avoiding heavy marketing altogether until the game is about to launch or after it launches. I’m sure we’ll start seeing Campaign more within the next two months up until launch.