Why Havent we got a demo yet?

I remember back in the day from Bungie, and we got an actual Halo 2 Demo - 1 Year before the game even came out. I do think the community needs to be more involved. Releasing and article here and there isn’t helping anyone. I genuinely don’t want to wait for its too late, so the community as a whole will have to piece this game back together… At this point, coming from a Halo Vet, I’m very concerned. What are 343’s Plans?

> 2535439669932877;1:
> I remember back in the day from Bungie, and we got an actual Halo 2 Demo - 1 Year before the game even came out. I do think the community needs to be more involved. Releasing and article here and there isn’t helping anyone. I genuinely don’t want to wait for its too late, so the community as a whole will have to piece this game back together… At this point, coming from a Halo Vet, I’m very concerned. What are 343’s Plans?

We will be getting a multiplayer “flighting” program (beta testing) at some unknown point in the future. It is surprising that we haven’t even heard dates for when this will occur yet, but it will happen. Whether this is a beta designed to solicit substantive feedback from the community, or just a network stress test, is yet to be seen.

As for campaign, don’t be surprised if we see nothing until E3 in June. 343i has been extremely secretive about Infinite’s development. Literally all we know is that “it’s focused on Master Chief” and there’s a new pilot character. It’s really the last AAA game of 2020 that we know absolutely nothing about.

> 2533274935834633;2:
> > 2535439669932877;1:
> > I remember back in the day from Bungie, and we got an actual Halo 2 Demo - 1 Year before the game even came out. I do think the community needs to be more involved. Releasing and article here and there isn’t helping anyone. I genuinely don’t want to wait for its too late, so the community as a whole will have to piece this game back together… At this point, coming from a Halo Vet, I’m very concerned. What are 343’s Plans?
>
> We will be getting a multiplayer “flighting” program (beta testing) at some unknown point in the future. It is surprising that we haven’t even heard dates for when this will occur yet, but it will happen. Whether this is a beta designed to solicit substantive feedback from the community, or just a network stress test, is yet to be seen.
>
> As for campaign, don’t be surprised if we see nothing until E3 in June. 343i has been extremely secretive about Infinite’s development. Literally all we know is that “it’s focused on Master Chief” and there’s a new pilot character. It’s really the last AAA game of 2020 that we know absolutely nothing about.

Right, it’s just crazy every other AAA game coming out later this year has already had a full game play demo. It’s just crazy we haven’t got anything but that cinematic trailer last year. If we do get a beta it will be in September… which at that point everyone will truly see the game. It’s to fair out just crazy a game that’s been in dev for 5 years and shows only 1 trailer…

I have a suspicion it will be delayed or everything will be unveiled at E3 and that’s when the first flight will become available.

> 2533274818084099;4:
> I have a suspicion it will be delayed or everything will be unveiled at E3 and that’s when the first flight will become available.

This is what I’m thinking as well. The only explanation I can think of as to why there’s been nothing revealed is so that they can show Infinite in all its glory on the new console Surely there will be a huge info drop about the new console at E3 and what better way to show it off than with Halo. Infinite will look best on the Series X so why not show all your gameplay and other details on such console.

> 2535439669932877;1:
> I remember back in the day from Bungie, and we got an actual Halo 2 Demo - 1 Year before the game even came out. I do think the community needs to be more involved. Releasing and article here and there isn’t helping anyone. I genuinely don’t want to wait for its too late, so the community as a whole will have to piece this game back together… At this point, coming from a Halo Vet, I’m very concerned. What are 343’s Plans?

Maybe after the E3 in Sectember 2020 343 can realise the Demo

> 2533274818084099;4:
> I have a suspicion it will be delayed or everything will be unveiled at E3 and that’s when the first flight will become available.

There is 0% chance that Microsoft is going to allow the Series X to launch without Infinite, its flagship launch title.

The new console would be launching with just Forza 8 (unannounced but 100% guaranteed) and likely a AA-tier unannounced game.

I guess it’s technically possible, but I feel Microsoft would just as likely delay the entire console launch if Infinite was delayed.

> 2533274935834633;7:
> > 2533274818084099;4:
> > I have a suspicion it will be delayed or everything will be unveiled at E3 and that’s when the first flight will become available.
>
> There is 0% chance that Microsoft is going to allow the Series X to launch without Infinite, its flagship launch title.
>
> The new console would be launching with just Forza 8 (unannounced but 100% guaranteed) and likely a AA-tier unannounced game.
>
> I guess it’s technically possible, but I feel Microsoft would just as likely delay the entire console launch if Infinite was delayed.

The optimist in me is hyped for this E3 - A new Xbox, new Halo. Best E3 in a long while. Now the we can’t ignore the fact that there are more than one model of Xbox and so Infinite could be a launch title of the model that launches later (assuming that not all Xboxes launch simultaniously).

To quote tsassi from back in October

> Here are some facts about when gameplay was show the first time for different Halo games:Halo 2: E3 2003 demo (16 months before release); not representative of final game
>
> Halo 3: Et Tu Brute (9 months before release)
> Halo Reach: Once More Unto the Breach (7 months before release)
> Halo 4: Making Halo 4: First Look (7 months before release)
> Halo 5: Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Beta First Look (14 months before release)
>
> On average, first gameplay for Halo games is shown 11 months before release, 9 if you exclude Halo 2. 7 months is not exceptional. We are currently 13–15 months from release.

> 2535439669932877;1:

I really think they need a beta to get player feedback as this is such a beloved franchise and the halo community is so split right now. Lets wait and see i guess

> 2535439669932877;1:

I really feel your concern as we all are eager for more information. The will be out in 9 or 10 months but yet we don’t know much about it. 343 really needs to fill us up with more information

Kinda seems like they’re waiting for E3 to even show the game off. I figured we were gonna start flighting around a year before launch but here we are. I suppose it could still start soon but seems unlikely considering they haven’t said a word about it.

> 2533275031939856;12:
> Kinda seems like they’re waiting for E3 to even show the game off. I figured we were gonna start flighting around a year before launch but here we are. I suppose it could still start soon but seems unlikely considering they haven’t said a word about it.

I think this is the obvious answer here. Halo 5’s launch was a disaster because 343 released too much info and created so much hype which the game ultimately didn’t deliver on. Seems like they’re now doing the exact opposite and making sure everything is 100% polished before showing it off at E3. Makes sense especially now considering this is the flagship title for Series X and could literally make or break the console’s launch. My guess is we see gameplay demos at E3 and flights beginning in the days/weeks following E3. E3 is early June which still gives 343 4-5 months of flighting and adjustments before release.

> 2533274813317074;9:
> To quote tsassi from back in October
>
>
> > Here are some facts about when gameplay was show the first time for different Halo games:Halo 2: E3 2003 demo (16 months before release); not representative of final game
> >
> > Halo 3: Et Tu Brute (9 months before release)
> > Halo Reach: Once More Unto the Breach (7 months before release)
> > Halo 4: Making Halo 4: First Look (7 months before release)
> > Halo 5: Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Beta First Look (14 months before release)
> >
> > On average, first gameplay for Halo games is shown 11 months before release, 9 if you exclude Halo 2. 7 months is not exceptional. We are currently 13–15 months from release.

This is excellent information; however, Halo Infinite is already past those previous Halo’s Development Times. Halo 2 we had a full E3 demo a year before the game came out.

> 2535439669932877;14:
> This is excellent information; however, Halo Infinite is already past those previous Halo’s Development Times. Halo 2 we had a full E3 demo a year before the game came out.

I wouldn’t say that Halo 2 is really the best game to go from, as that works was pretty much scrapped after it was shown. We’re still very much within the timeframe’s of Halo Reach and Halo 4 as there is no accurate releate date right now except holiday 2020. We’ll get stuff pretty soon, I’m sure of it :slight_smile:

> 2533274813317074;15:
> > 2535439669932877;14:
> > This is excellent information; however, Halo Infinite is already past those previous Halo’s Development Times. Halo 2 we had a full E3 demo a year before the game came out.
>
> I wouldn’t say that Halo 2 is really the best game to go from, as that works was pretty much scrapped after it was shown. We’re still very much within the timeframe’s of Halo Reach and Halo 4 as there is no accurate releate date right now except holiday 2020. We’ll get stuff pretty soon, I’m sure of it :slight_smile:

“Holiday” basically translates to the 3-4 week period from late October until mid-November because there’s no chance the console launches will miss Black Friday, and they’ll probably want to have had at least a week or two in stores before then to ensure sufficient units for sale before BF hits.

As for Infinite news, I’m holding out a shred of hope that the current “secret assignment” that IGN’s Ryan McCaffrey is on is Infinite related. He’s a huge Halo fan and the timing makes sense to start drumming up some hype before the Series X reveal (rumored to be in April) and E3. Then again, I could be completely wrong lol…

I’d assume the reason for lack of a demo/gameplay reveal is because Infinite’s marketing is married to the Xbox Series X at this point. If that is true, then if Microsoft doesn’t want to any Xbox Series X features/visuals then we probably won’t see any Infinite footage until the Series X is ready to be shown.