why hate the AI people?

by AI i mean the marines;

they say, that the marines are -Yoinks!-, but they are not

-on LEGENDARY, two marines took down a brute captan with AR’s

-they drive okay… i guess

• one was armed with a magnum, and believe it or not, he took down a brute minor while riding on the side of my hornet (no i was not shooting it)

why so much Hate peoples?

I think because a lot of the time, they’re not quite THAT awesome… They make a lot of mistakes…

They might have better aim but their driving skills and driving interests are abominable. Besides, those were Brutes they were fighting (not to mention only 1 Brute). Brutes rarely strafe and their only evasive maneuver other than diving from things is a small sidestep.

Marines doing well against Flood is more impressive than fighting colorful space monkeys (unless it’s a Brute Captain with a Brute Shot or a War Chieftain).

Because they can’t drive. That is my only reason.

> I think because a lot of the time, they’re not quite THAT awesome… They make a lot of mistakes…

It was intentional by Bungie. If they wanted to, they could make the friendly AI uber but then they could just carry you instead and make you feel less of a bad -Yoink-. Still, after ten years you think they’d learn how to drive? :stuck_out_tongue:

I mean look at their enemy AI. Not perfect but pretty smart nonetheless. Reach’s enemy AI in particular is brutal.

> > I think because a lot of the time, they’re not quite THAT awesome… They make a lot of mistakes…
>
> It was intentional by Bungie. If they wanted to, they could make the friendly AI uber but then they could just carry you instead and make you feel less of a bad -Yoink!-. Still, after ten years you think they’d learn how to drive? :stuck_out_tongue:
>
> I mean look at their enemy AI. Not perfect but pretty smart nonetheless. Reach’s enemy AI in particular is brutal.

I don’t know… the H3 marines were an improvement (except when driving). And Arbiter was pretty uber (except on Sierra 117).

I think Bungie killed friendly AI in Reach. It’s more noticeable (i.e. AI take forever to get in vehicles, AI take forever to turn when asking them to swap weapons, Noble Team have bad aim, bad range, and are meatshields).

> > I think because a lot of the time, they’re not quite THAT awesome… They make a lot of mistakes…
>
> It was intentional by Bungie. If they wanted to, they could make the friendly AI uber but then they could just carry you instead and make you feel less of a bad -Yoink!-. Still, after ten years you think they’d learn how to drive? :stuck_out_tongue:
>
> I mean look at their enemy AI. Not perfect but pretty smart nonetheless. Reach’s enemy AI in particular is brutal.

Brutal? The “honourable” Elites cower if you they get hit by wind.

> > > I think because a lot of the time, they’re not quite THAT awesome… They make a lot of mistakes…
> >
> > It was intentional by Bungie. If they wanted to, they could make the friendly AI uber but then they could just carry you instead and make you feel less of a bad -Yoink!-. Still, after ten years you think they’d learn how to drive? :stuck_out_tongue:
> >
> > I mean look at their enemy AI. Not perfect but pretty smart nonetheless. Reach’s enemy AI in particular is brutal.
>
> I don’t know… the H3 marines were an improvement (except when driving). And Arbiter was pretty uber (except on Sierra 117).

I did Sierra 117 alone on Legendary for the first time last week (had some problems when I tried it years ago and haven’t tried since), and I found that the Arbiter does good work with the sword, but only against Brutes.

Halo 2 Brute’s were Brutal beyond anything.

Along with that, apart from some sections in Halo 3: ODST, almost all the AI are never very assisting. Just Double-Kill Canon Fodder for the Covenant.

> I did Sierra 117 alone on Legendary for the first time last week (had some problems when I tried it years ago and haven’t tried since), and I found that the Arbiter does good work with the sword, but only against Brutes.

Did you kill the Jackal snipers first?

The only time I’ve seen Arbiter do good sword work was on The Covenant, Floodgate, Cortana, and Halo.

> > > I think because a lot of the time, they’re not quite THAT awesome… They make a lot of mistakes…
> >
> > It was intentional by Bungie. If they wanted to, they could make the friendly AI uber but then they could just carry you instead and make you feel less of a bad -Yoink!-. Still, after ten years you think they’d learn how to drive? :stuck_out_tongue:
> >
> > I mean look at their enemy AI. Not perfect but pretty smart nonetheless. Reach’s enemy AI in particular is brutal.
>
> Brutal? The “honourable” Elites cower if you they get hit by wind.

True. In Reach, they only look fearsome. They are actually very cowardly (especially in the cutscenes). Just look at how they ganged up on Noble Six and killed Kat and Emile.

Canonically speaking, I think these Zealots and the Field Marshall were ex-criminals. Like how the rank of Arbiter is given to the disgraced. Notice they don’t have gold armor. Notice how unethical they are. Notice their numbers and how they aren’t commanding Grunts and lower ranking Elites.

> > I did Sierra 117 alone on Legendary for the first time last week (had some problems when I tried it years ago and haven’t tried since), and I found that the Arbiter does good work with the sword, but only against Brutes.
>
> Did you kill the Jackal snipers first?
>
> The only time I’ve seen Arbiter do good sword work was on The Covenant, Floodgate, Cortana, and Halo.

Yep, I always make sure to get rid of those little rascals as soon as possible.

> > > > I think because a lot of the time, they’re not quite THAT awesome… They make a lot of mistakes…
> > >
> > > It was intentional by Bungie. If they wanted to, they could make the friendly AI uber but then they could just carry you instead and make you feel less of a bad -Yoink!-. Still, after ten years you think they’d learn how to drive? :stuck_out_tongue:
> > >
> > > I mean look at their enemy AI. Not perfect but pretty smart nonetheless. Reach’s enemy AI in particular is brutal.
> >
> > Brutal? The “honourable” Elites cower if you they get hit by wind.
>
> True. In Reach, they only look fearsome. They are actually very cowardly (especially in the cutscenes). Just look at how they ganged up on Noble Six and killed Kat and Emile.
>
> Canonically speaking, I think these Zealots and the Field Marshall were ex-criminals. Like how the rank of Arbiter is given to the disgraced. Notice they don’t have gold armor. Notice how unethical they are. Notice their numbers and how they aren’t commanding Grunts and lower ranking Elites.

Canonically speaking, that does make sense, although I doubt Bungie had too much canon in mind when they built the campaign, anyway.

Yes I suppose Arbiter does better if there’s no snipers and carbiners around.

The worst change has to be the Elite major’s armor and armor color. If anything, Spec Ops armor and color should have been Elite Major and Elite Major armor and color should have been Spec Ops Elite. Look at how well this armor goes with blue.

The marines almost always try to splatter the enemies with the fuel rod guns and I always find myself dying on the last level at the hands (or beams) of Johnson’s friendly laser.

> I always find myself dying on the last level at the hands (or beams) of Johnson’s friendly laser.

An accident, nothing more. Allies in this game rarely friendly fire unless they use rockets, grenades, or laser.

Honestly the friendly AI in all the games are pretty horrible…

The only times they were useful was in ODST… when they were invincible… and of course the Spartans in reach… and maybe some of the ODSTs in Reach.

> and of course the Spartans in reach… and maybe some of the ODSTs in Reach.

You mean as meatshields. And the ODSTs with the jetpacks are famous for falling to their deaths…

The ODST friendly AI were useful not because they were invincible but because they looked alright (Spartans in Reach looked irregular), they were someone we could get along with (Spartans in Reach get in the way I.E. Kat), they could be given weapons (Spartans in Reach are supposed to be experienced in their weapons yet they don’t use them to their full potential. Carter’s supposed to be firing at distant enemies yet he doesn’t. Jorge has bad aim but good range. He’s too nerfed. He should have good aim, good range, with reduced movement speed and burst fire. And let’s not forget about Jun. He snipes the player a lot I’ve heard), which allowed the player to interact with them better.

The Reach friendly AI are terribad. I gave 5 troopers rocket launchers and they died. I give 1 trooper a rocket launcher and launch him to higher ground and he does better than they could ever do. Not to mention the physics. It’s similar to CE and H2, but it’s even more unrealistic and doesn’t feel like Halo.

Finally, invincible friendly AI defeats challenge. I liked how Arbiter could be knocked out. I also liked how he could be ko’d for a long time. Many times invincibles get in the way when I’m trying to keep enemies alive or trying to kill them all by myself. For example, that Sierra 117 battle at the dam. The pelican comes in and kills all my enemies for me, sometimes including me (unless Johnson and Arby are nearby). And that is just uncalled for, unfair, unreasonable. They should be supportive, not op, shields, or kill stealers.

I think CE marines were the best simply because they were more controllable. I liked how they followed me in most cases rather than charging into the battle.

They’re not as fun as they were in Halo Combat Evolved… “Get up so I can kill you again”! Classic

I get that they are dumb as to not carry you but at least make them more survivable. Make them take cover very often, dodge often, and run to cover when badly injured. They should be supportive. Not OP and not completely useless.

The marine AI are good for picking off left over grunts and jackels. They’re also pretty decent in weakening Brutes.

> > and of course the Spartans in reach… and maybe some of the ODSTs in Reach.
>
> You mean as meatshields. And the ODSTs with the jetpacks are famous for falling to their deaths…
>
> The ODST friendly AI were useful not because they were invincible but because they looked alright (Spartans in Reach looked irregular), they were someone we could get along with (Spartans in Reach get in the way I.E. Kat), they could be given weapons (Spartans in Reach are supposed to be experienced in their weapons yet they don’t use them to their full potential. Carter’s supposed to be firing at distant enemies yet he doesn’t. Jorge has bad aim but good range. He’s too nerfed. He should have good aim, good range, with reduced movement speed and burst fire. And let’s not forget about Jun. He snipes the player a lot I’ve heard), which allowed the player to interact with them better.
>
> The Reach friendly AI are terribad. I gave 5 troopers rocket launchers and they died. I give 1 trooper a rocket launcher and launch him to higher ground and he does better than they could ever do. Not to mention the physics. It’s similar to CE and H2, but it’s even more unrealistic and doesn’t feel like Halo.
>
> Finally, invincible friendly AI defeats challenge. I liked how Arbiter could be knocked out. I also liked how he could be ko’d for a long time. Many times invincibles get in the way when I’m trying to keep enemies alive or trying to kill them all by myself. For example, that Sierra 117 battle at the dam. The pelican comes in and kills all my enemies for me, sometimes including me (unless Johnson and Arby are nearby). And that is just uncalled for, unfair, unreasonable. They should be supportive, not op, shields, or kill stealers.
>
> I think CE marines were the best simply because they were more controllable. I liked how they followed me in most cases rather than charging into the battle.

You said it.