Why Hasn't Asylum Been Replaced?

Now as you all know Asylum is a remake of Sanctuary (a map from H2), but lets be honest, it’s an AWFUL remake. I mean Oasis (which was a Sanctuary remake in H3, using it’s crappy forge) is better than Asylum. But it feels like nobody brings this up. 343, there are hundreds, maybe even thousands of Sanctuary remakes most of which are better than Asylum, and I believe you need to start using the best possible remakes in matchmaking instead of sticking with Bungie’s half -Yoink-'d ones.

So please at least consider updating Asylum by replacing it with an exact, or almost exact remake of the original.

Try this go to my fileshare. Cinderblock230

Download my classic gametype, blood gulch and sanctuary give me feedback

> Try this go to my fileshare. Cinderblock230
>
> Download my classic gametype, blood gulch and sanctuary give me feedback

I’m pretty certain he means he wants Asylum replaced in MatchMaking. They should just use the version the MLG playlist uses. More acurate and plays much better.

The above and beyond best Sanctuary remake is Sanctum by Xx Overkill VR.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=22434484&player=Xx%20Overkill%20VR

Download it and play it and you won’t disagree.

> The above and beyond best Sanctuary remake is Sanctum by Xx Overkill VR.
>
> http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=22434484&player=Xx%20Overkill%20VR
>
> Download it and play it and you won’t disagree.

Yeah. This is so much better. I’m pretty… wow I can actually feel how this map plays just running through it and I gotta say… this is MUCH better than Asylum.

> > The above and beyond best Sanctuary remake is Sanctum by Xx Overkill VR.
> >
> > http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=22434484&player=Xx%20Overkill%20VR
> >
> > Download it and play it and you won’t disagree.
>
> Yeah. This is so much better. I’m pretty… wow I can actually feel how this map plays just running through it and I gotta say… this is MUCH better than Asylum.

PUT THIS IN MM NAOW!!!

I find Asylum to be a decent 4v4 map for slayer and objective. Though there are minor differences, it’s the same overall layout as Sanctuary and I rarely see anyone clamoring for perfect Sanctuary that much.

Asylum has screen tear all over the place. Not a good forge job.

> I find Asylum to be a decent 4v4 map for slayer and objective. Though there are minor differences, it’s the same overall layout as Sanctuary and I rarely see anyone clamoring for perfect Sanctuary that much.

The problem is that Asylum has game breaking flaws like the perch in the rock face on blue side, or that blue carbine can see red snipe from the bottom of the ramp, and it has bad frame rate issues. I’m not sure why we should settle for a sub par remake when we could have a perfect one.

> > I find Asylum to be a decent 4v4 map for slayer and objective. Though there are minor differences, it’s the same overall layout as Sanctuary and I rarely see anyone clamoring for perfect Sanctuary that much.
>
> The problem is that Asylum has game breaking flaws like the perch in the rock face on blue side, or that blue carbine can see red snipe from the bottom of the ramp, and it has bad frame rate issues. I’m not sure why we should settle for a sub par remake when we could have a perfect one.

I’ve never had framerate issues on that map nor even heard of that problem.

> Asylum has screen tear all over the place. Not a good forge job.

Are any of the default forge maps good forge jobs? None of them play well or have good aesthetics IMO. Except Hemmoroids but that doesn’t really count.

Here’s the video to that map you guys seep to like :stuck_out_tongue:

> Here’s the video to that map you guys seep to like :stuck_out_tongue:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdU1xrpgGws

It looks good but whats the spawn system like?

> > Here’s the video to that map you guys seep to like :stuck_out_tongue:
> >
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdU1xrpgGws
>
> It looks good but whats the spawn system like?

Slayer is dynamic everything else is as per tradition.

Trust me, the map plays better with dynamic for slayer.

Give it a try and let me know.

This is one of the very few symmetrical maps that play better with dynamic spawns due to the layout of the map.

What I hate about default Reach is that static spawns on some of the maps makes it very easy and predictable.

Asylum is the biggest culprit; people would just camp in the middle ring and look at the enemy base all game… i’d rather there be actual map movement.

Dynamic spawns only promote people sitting in their base so the other team doesn’t spawn behind them.

Based on theory. In practice it is completely different.

I was a major advocate of static spawns for all symmetrical maps when it comes to slayer but after forging a lot and working very closely on the Team Classic Playlist I concluded that one of the worst things about Halo Reach is the spawn system.

Watch this video of Final Boss facing against Exit Woundz and you will see how exciting the match was.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXe8acQJ0x8

That was b/c the spawn system was dynamic, even the initial spawns. Halo 2 was the best in the series for how exciting it was as well as the exceptional maps.

This is something that needs to be reintroduced in Reach on a per basis attitude.

Sanctuary is one of the only maps that benefits from having dynamic spawns for slayer b/c the layout of the map is ingenious.

After playing the Halo series religiously for the past 10 years and being exceptionally good at it, I have felt severely let down with Reach. I tried to remedy that by getting Classic into matchmaking b/c default reach was simply not fun and severely flawed.

I know its hard to trust someone with a map such as Sanctuary but I hate Reach and loved all the other Halos and I believe that I have done justice to the map. I have put hundreds of hours studying all the maps in the Halo series and my conclusion was that Reach can be made better with a better layout of weapons and spawns.

Give it a try and if it is too chaotic or if you constantly get bad spawns then I will officially change it but I know that will not be the case.

For example: Beaver Creek is an inverse symmetrical map(like Sanc) but the arch in the middle provides a minor disadvantage to blue.

In Team Classic Noble Creek is set to static spawns which makes it so that blue team is always at the disadvantage b/c the arc is overlooking their base with the only access point from red side.

This map is remedied by making the spawns for slayer dynamic so that if blue is being overrun they spawn in safety or have a fighting chance to get away.

Sanctuary with Dynamic spawns for slayer has much less “spawning behind” due to the “wall” in the middle and all the cover to spawn out of sight.

Again, don’t knock it till you try it :stuck_out_tongue:

I understand that it worked well in H2 but we’re talking about replacing it for default Reach slayer with all it’s BS. Reach also has a very different spawn system that weighs very little on where the enemy team is and instead will cycle. For example if I kill you at snipe I know you will spawn rocks, but with dynamic spawns it will be impossible to establish map control because the other team will simply spawn behind you while you try to establish spawn pressure, defeating the purpose of pushing put of your base. Not to mention MLG has already tested dynamic spwans and they clearly aren’t using them for a good reason.

MLG doesn’t do a lot of things that make a lot of sense. Just b/c MLG doesn’t use it doesn’t mean its not good.

They don’t do KoTH or Oddball and they don’t use a lot of the exceptional maps created by their community.

Hell, Killa KC doesn’t want to use another version of sanctuary that improved over his own b/c he wants his map to be in.

MLG is too sensitive about many things, its no surprise Halo Reach is not as popular on the circuit anymore.

Watch the video I provided and let me know if you see any questionable spawns. I assure you its better than you believe.

I’d rather set up in the middle and watch both sides and actually control where they spawn by sending one guy to cancel the spawn zone in the area than to set up in the middle and spawn camp the crap out of the other team by simply focusing in one direction.

You focused on the comment I said about MLG and ignored everything else. The spawn system in Reach doesn’t work with asymmetrical maps or dynamic spawns.