Why has cheif gone back to OG armor?

Does chief have old armor I cant remember and if its not then what type of abilities does this new “FANCY” armor have my thoughts are maybe like halo 4 where we have custom equipment and traits just considering that it looks to be open world.

No one knows official why he has it. Or if it’s a new model of his OG armor that includes the newer abilities the GEN2 armor has. Or maybe it’s his old armor so it will play like it did in Halo 3. But we won’t know till we have more info about Halo Infinite.

Because people don’t like change

> 2533274943975523;3:
> Because people don’t like change

This, largely. 343i’s art direction has been pretty awful, but one thing I do think they got right was Chief’s new armor (though I disagree with the amount of excuses they made to retcon the new style into place for Halo 4), so going BACK to the original armor is a step backwards somewhat. Though I also really, really hate the Power Rangers power armor that they shifted the series over into with Halo 4-5, but Chief’s look the most reasonable. Personally, I’ve always been a fan of the Reach art style, so if they could just combine the Halo 4 era style with the tank style of Halo Reach, I think that would be something amazing.

> 2533274838418174;4:
> > 2533274943975523;3:
> > Because people don’t like change
>
> This, largely. 343i’s art direction has been pretty awful, but one thing I do think they got right was Chief’s new armor (though I disagree with the amount of excuses they made to retcon the new style into place for Halo 4), so going BACK to the original armor is a step backwards somewhat. Though I also really, really hate the Power Rangers power armor that they shifted the series over into with Halo 4-5, but Chief’s look the most reasonable. Personally, I’ve always been a fan of the Reach art style, so if they could just combine the Halo 4 era style with the tank style of Halo Reach, I think that would be something amazing.

I’m also disappointed because I grew to appreciate the new armor: it’s something I associate with the only game that did the Chief’s character justice. So going back to his H2/H3 armor where he might-as-well have never even been acknowledged as a character(he has, what, 11 lines in Halo 2?) really concerns me about their priorities.

[deleted]

It’s mostly due to people complaining about Halo 5.

I was active during the Bungie era and its transition to the 343 era and will admit that while it was there, it wasn’t as prevalent until after Halo 5 dropped. Halo 4 had at the time considerable praise for what 343 did for Master Chief and the new art style. So while not everyone’s “cup of tea”, it was met with acceptance by a large part of the community with a few outliers as what usually happens when this sort of thing occurs. The problem is that Halo 5 was as poorly received as it was and people began associating Chief’s 343 makeover with bad decisions despite Halo 4 being as good as it was.

As such it was likely decided to win back those who left from Halo 5 as to appease Reddit with a change that’s in my opinion honestly for the worst.

Be it with environments or character design, Bungie’s art style has never been consistent. This is especially apparent with Halo 3:ODST and Halo: Reach when compared to something like the OT or Halo Wars. Not to mention the leaps and bounds of a redesign that Mark 5 was to Mark 6. Or for that matter, the Elites and Brutes across all of Bungie’s titles never once having consistent physical features (especially in the case of the Brutes). It’s honestly pandering to a style that simply doesn’t exist as it’s different across each title. It’s to me the attempt to recapture memories that could very well be flawed as whatever Bungie-like 343’s game is, it wont look anything like a Bungie title because the universe has never been that consistent. 343 really is the most visually consistent this franchise has ever been.

me personally i liked halo 5s armor and the way halo 5 worked better

> 2533274861593686;7:
> It’s mostly due to people complaining about Halo 5.
>
> I was active during the Bungie era and its transition to the 343 era and will admit that while it was there, it wasn’t as prevalent until after Halo 5 dropped. Halo 4 had at the time considerable praise for what 343 did for Master Chief and the new art style. So while not everyone’s “cup of tea”, it was met with acceptance by a large part of the community with a few outliers as what usually happens when this sort of thing occurs. The problem is that Halo 5 was as poorly received as it was and people began associating Chief’s 343 makeover with bad decisions despite Halo 4 being as good as it was.
>
> As such it was likely decided to win back those who left from Halo 5 as to appease Reddit with a change that’s in my opinion honestly for the worst.
>
> Be it with environments or character design, Bungie’s art style has never been consistent. This is especially apparent with Halo 3:ODST and Halo: Reach when compared to something like the OT or Halo Wars. Not to mention the leaps and bounds of a redesign that Mark 5 was to Mark 6. Or for that matter, the Elites and Brutes across all of Bungie’s titles never once having consistent physical features (especially in the case of the Brutes). It’s honestly pandering to a style that simply doesn’t exist as it’s different across each title. It’s to me the attempt to recapture memories that could very well be flawed as whatever Bungie-like 343’s game is, it wont look anything like a Bungie title because the universe has never been that consistent. 343 really is the most visually consistent this franchise has ever been.

yes this is true but do you think that 343 will turn halo 5 into a worthless first person shooter

I don’t know why,but I hope they’ll give me the option to switch over to the new armour.

Real world reason (at least I assume): 343 has received a lot of flak for changing the art style, as stated above.

Universe reason (my theory): The UNSC is on the run and are running out of materials to maintain gen-2 Mjolnir, so the UNSC had to dig into their spare parts bins and old armories to fit the Chief with older tech.

Given that the armour design changed between Halo 3 and Halo 4 without any means of doing so it’s likely this is only a stylistic change and that no functionality has been gained or lost. As for why, the fanbase made it overwhelmingly clear that Chief’s new armour design was ‘bad’. I personally thought it looked ok but do prefer the old look, i’m happy with how Infinite looks so far, it seems to be a mix of the new and old.

I honestly don’t care. I’m just happy that the old art style is back.

It’s possibly a product of the GEN3 platform, which aims to replicating the protective design of GEN1 while maintaining the advantages of GEN2.

> 2533275008323170;9:
> > 2533274861593686;7:
> > It’s mostly due to people complaining about Halo 5.
> >
> > I was active during the Bungie era and its transition to the 343 era and will admit that while it was there, it wasn’t as prevalent until after Halo 5 dropped. Halo 4 had at the time considerable praise for what 343 did for Master Chief and the new art style. So while not everyone’s “cup of tea”, it was met with acceptance by a large part of the community with a few outliers as what usually happens when this sort of thing occurs. The problem is that Halo 5 was as poorly received as it was and people began associating Chief’s 343 makeover with bad decisions despite Halo 4 being as good as it was.
> >
> > As such it was likely decided to win back those who left from Halo 5 as to appease Reddit with a change that’s in my opinion honestly for the worst.
> >
> > Be it with environments or character design, Bungie’s art style has never been consistent. This is especially apparent with Halo 3:ODST and Halo: Reach when compared to something like the OT or Halo Wars. Not to mention the leaps and bounds of a redesign that Mark 5 was to Mark 6. Or for that matter, the Elites and Brutes across all of Bungie’s titles never once having consistent physical features (especially in the case of the Brutes). It’s honestly pandering to a style that simply doesn’t exist as it’s different across each title. It’s to me the attempt to recapture memories that could very well be flawed as whatever Bungie-like 343’s game is, it wont look anything like a Bungie title because the universe has never been that consistent. 343 really is the most visually consistent this franchise has ever been.
>
> yes this is true but do you think that 343 will turn halo 5 into a worthless first person shooter

Please don’t post multiple time in a row. If you need to add more information or quote other users, you can edit your last post. Thanks

firstly, i put a spoiler just incase someone hasent playd h5

his armor was damaged in the fight with locke and they would have to replace it but the infinity probably only had the older suits available and cortana after cortana attacked and cortanna wouls have acces to all the newer suits

The canon reason remains a mystery. The real world reason is that many people didn’t like the new art style. 343 seems to have recognised that, and are trying to blend the best parts of the old art style with some parts of the new one.

We don’t know for sure what armor it is. From the looks of the comparison photos given to us by 343, the new helmet looks like a mix of Bungie MK VI and 343 MK VI. My guess is that the armor is a new set given to Chief in Halo Infinite since his armor was damaged in Guardians. Also in the Official Spartan Field Guide it talks about GEN 3 armor and how it goes back to the look of GEN 1 but uses functions from the GEN 2 armor. So my guess is that the armor Chief is wearing is GEN 3 Mark VII in Halo Infinite. But only time will tell.

A better question is why did they magically upgrade his armor in the first place?

> 2533274937823938;19:
> A better question is why did they magically upgrade his armor in the first place?

Well, 343i did it as they wanted to branch of from Bungie, and wanted to have their own defined artstyle. The lore explanation is that Cortana upgraded his armor through Nanotechnology, and upgrading his armor to be more in line with updated Mjolnir armor.