Why Halo was/is your favourite Halo game?????

If Halo 2 came back online exactly the way it was, and if there was a good population, I’d play it again.

I love Halo 4, but Halo 2 was just a legendary thing. Ranks felt so good when you got them, social was really fun as well as custom games.

The community on Halo 2 was amazing. We’d spend hours just chatting, glitching, superbouncing and other things. There were so many secrets and hours spent doing things in Halo 2.

In Halo 2 there was always something to come back to. I think H2 had more staying power than the others. Halo 3 was also great, but Reach and Halo 4 just don’t have it.

Since they got rid of ranks and skill, there’s just nothing to do after you’ve played for fun for hours on end.

i miss using the bruteshot to actually lob rounds straight up and letting it rain back down, however i think halo 3 player better then halo two, i simply like certain changes, such as the noob combo change, and the body launch glitch was freaking fun.

halo reach had some new and cool elements added in, but some of teh gmaeplay changes were anoyying, bloom seemed to be over strong, but generally i also like halo reach gameplay, halo 4 simply doesn’t feel like halo, the kill time decrease mades moving from cover a pain, and makes my 1000 paund armoered and shield super solder feel weak, the over abundence of airdropped delivered to your feet power weapons have destroyed the arena feeling that prior halo had, and the funnelling that occurred for power weapon control, halo 4 , 343 made bad mistake after bad mistake, and while halo 2 i would play late at night after everyone had gone to bed as a kid, and tha ti killed countless hoirs on, halo 3 i did the same, halo 3 and reach i did the same, but halo 4 just ends up -Yoink!- me off after 3 games, because my first game was a autoloss, the second game was unbalanced because it started with my team down by 3 because the quit, and the third game was horrible because i did totally awesome, got crap for OD, while i had to contest with 8 snipers on their team with active camo, or i had to deal with 3 rocket launchers, or the gauss hog just used it instant cannon to kill me the moment they saw me.

all in all, any halo that isn’t halo 4 was better then halo four, halo 4 was a huge kick to my male bits

> i miss using the bruteshot to actually lob rounds straight up and letting it rain back down, however i think halo 3 player better then halo two, i simply like certain changes, such as the noob combo change, and the body launch glitch was freaking fun.
>
>
> halo reach had some new and cool elements added in, but some of teh gmaeplay changes were anoyying, bloom seemed to be over strong, but generally i also like halo reach gameplay, halo 4 simply doesn’t feel like halo, the kill time decrease mades moving from cover a pain, and makes my 1000 paund armoered and shield super solder feel weak, the over abundence of airdropped delivered to your feet power weapons have destroyed the arena feeling that prior halo had, and the funnelling that occurred for power weapon control, halo 4 , 343 made bad mistake after bad mistake, and while halo 2 i would play late at night after everyone had gone to bed as a kid, and tha ti killed countless hoirs on, halo 3 i did the same, halo 3 and reach i did the same, but halo 4 just ends up -Yoink!- me off after 3 games, because my first game was a autoloss, the second game was unbalanced because it started with my team down by 3 because the quit, and the third game was horrible because i did totally awesome, got crap for OD, while i had to contest with 8 snipers on their team with active camo, or i had to deal with 3 rocket launchers, or the gauss hog just used it instant cannon to kill me the moment they saw me.
>
> <mark>all in all, any halo that is halo 4 was better then halo four, halo 4 was a huge kick to my male bits</mark>

what?

i meant to say isn’t…it’s early in the morning, i reserve the right to make mistakes.

As much as I loved Halo CE and ODST , I have to say Halo 2 is still my favourate.

Halo 2’s campaign while poorly paced was still one of the greatest in the Halo franchise in terms of character development and writting (Arbiter and Prophet of Truth.)
They werent afraid of including multiple enemy types in the game (giant Sentinal) and above all else the soundtrack was probably Marty’s best.

Sadly I wasnt able to experience the multiplayer but I might be getting a gaming rig by February so I’ll check out the pc version if the community is still alive.

i won’t vote because no halo has been my favorite. some games had better MM, while others had better campaign. each brought something that i loved about it.

halo ce- uber nostalgia, custom games with friends
halo 2- best campaign to me, play as arbiter, first armor ability
halo 3-introduction of forge, best all rounded game with the campaign holding it back
halo odst- second best campaign( free roam, lost in the city vibe), drinking with friends and trying to last as long as we could in firefight
halo reach- INVASION( best gametype of all), integration of Armor abilites into Multiplayer, worst campaign of entire series
H4- class based system( wanted this since Halo3), fun camapign even though it was confusing

H4 is a “diamond in the rough”. it may be come out on top, depending on if they can fix DMR, bullet magnetism, fix custom games and forge, add Competitive/ social playlists, and make spartan ops stand out more.

You can already tell that halo’s 2 and 3 were the most favored by the community. Why halo 4 couldnt be more like them, i’ll never know.

4sk br