Why Halo shouldn't be like CoD

I hate CoD and I LOVE halo and it makes my blood boil to think of 343 trying to adjust toward CoD. But, this thread isn’t about hating on the copying and pasting 343 is trying to do. This thread is about why 343 should stick to halo’s roots.

Cod is dying. I am sure most of you remember the Battlefield vs Call of duty on youtube, and other forums last year. People would rant about how CoD sucks and dislike all of the new trailers. I used to like cod (when it was good i.e cod4/5) and I know that everyone that used to like CoD now hate it. After two flops(Blops & MW3) I think CoD is dead. CoD died because of the stupid b.s gimmicks and staleness. Halo will never loose that staleness because it comes out every couple of years with enough changes and it is balanced. When you implement “perks”/AAs it becomes unbalanced and we say that with Reach and CoD. The only way for a good game to come about is by balance and simplicity. Halo 2/3 was simple enough for casuals to play and balanced, so it became popular. Halo 4 needs to be like that. Halo needs to change with implements of stuff like forge; spartan ops, new weapons, vehicles, armor, but NOT with AAs, Perks and Instant respawns. Change is not always good change and balance and simplicity is key.

Oh god another one…

(_)

Good, because Halo 4 isn’t going to be like CoD, not even close. Yes it has some features that I would find questionable, at least without more info, but nothing like CoD.

For the love of god Halo 4 is nothing like CoD! Christ! Stop comparing the two! The only similar thing is the name Spartan Ops, and that you can choose your starting weapon. And even that is not all that similar simply because you can only choose the starting weapons you would expect in Halo. (Assault Rifle, Magnum, Battle Rifle, DMR, and Assault Carbine.) It cuts down on game type clutter and keeps arguments over what the best starting weapon is away. I don’t see what the problem is. At this point I have a hard time taking anything or anyone on these forums seriously anymore.

> Good, because Halo 4 isn’t going to be like CoD, not even close. Yes it has some features that I would find questionable, at least without more info, but nothing like CoD.

spartan points, AAs, spartan ops, loadouts.

this explains why its not like cod just click here

Halo isn’t ruined, yes changed have to be made to adapt and appeal to a new pool of gamers not just because this generation of halo’s fan base is over 10 years old now but because we all don’t want a game that plays just like halo 3 but with better graphics and the same gameplay, it may as well be halo 3.5. God that would make it more like modern warfare, the same game engine but with dirt in HD… wow thats bloody amazing

Much more of this COD talk and you’ll wanna star writing threads about why my foot shouldnt… Ya know what nevermind

Halo shouldn’t be like CoD?

Take out the guns 343! ('Cause, you know, CoD totally invented guns, too.)

> > Good, because Halo 4 isn’t going to be like CoD, not even close. Yes it has some features that I would find questionable, at least without more info, but nothing like CoD.
>
> spartan points, AAs, spartan ops, loadouts.

Spartans Points=Cedits, big whoop.
Armor Abilities are nothing like CoD.
Spartan Ops, because obviously CoD has and invented the co-op campaign, am I right?
Loadouts, and CoD totally created loadouts right? And it’s not like they totally existed before then in games like Battlefield or Star Wars Battlefront, right?

> > Good, because Halo 4 isn’t going to be like CoD, not even close. Yes it has some features that I would find questionable, at least without more info, but nothing like CoD.
>
> spartan points, AAs, spartan ops, loadouts.

None of which have anything to do with CoD. Stop comparing two games that aren’t alike.