Why Halo 5 truly failed

For many reasons, however I am going to state and describe the following ones:

  • False Advertising. What was Hunt the Truth ever meant to be? I will tell you, one of the most genius and well placed marketing schemes I have ever seen in my gaming life. It truly got the masses hyped, and even those non Halo players were hyped for it. However, when the game came out, what we got was a -Yoink- slap contest between Locke and the Chief. The guardians never really did any destruction, and we never once saw any ONI agent. Ben would be crying in his cell right now. - The graphical “improvements”. So, when was the last time you jumped into a warzone match and not felt you were inside a cartoon. The colours are too bright, too vibrant. I did a look at the Halo Reach, 4 and 5 Snipe Rifle and found that even though the reach one was the most “military” I liked the Halo 4 one since it was not too modern yet still felt Halo to me. At the same time, when was the last time your Spartan was actually a Spartan, and not a -Yoink- Power Ranger. The colour pallet is terrible, I want a dark green for my Spartan, yet 2/3 choices result in a horrid light green. I preferred the 1/2 improvements back in Halo Reach, or even 4. It did not actually alter the look of the Helmet/Armour to make it look worse than it actually is. - The Story. Oh dear, I loved the story in Halo 4, the multiplayer was the part that was lacking. Guess they decided to give us their best multiplayer, and -Yoink- up on the Campaign. If you look at the Start and End of the Halo 2 cutscenes, god those elites look far superior to the ones found in the Campaign. Yeah, the looked like plastic, but at the same time it was 10 million times better than the design we got from the H5G. Also, I love getting 3 Legendary achievements easy, however I want to kill not talk to elites. Last and not by means least. Story was terrible 343i, get rid of the guy who thought it was a good idea, and hire the guy that did Halo 4’s story. - Warzone is not a Warzone. Weapons, Players, AI, Vehicles flying everywhere! This was going to change multiplayer forever! Or, so we thought. AI kills do not increase your score. What is the point of having bosses if they do not have an “army” to fight against to get to him. Some bosses have it, like the Knight on the winter map, however why can this not for all others. A couple of elites is not good enough to defend against 4/5 Spartans with Battle Rifles. I want to see my teammates fall to the AI, not to a idiot sniper on a rock. - Splitscreen. Not going to describe it, however imagine Warzone in splitscreen. That will suffice.And that is why Halo 5 Truly failed, in my own eyes. Still love the idea, the concept and the willingness of 343i, you just -Yoink- up on the execution.

One of the few who think H4 campaign was better than H5. Yes, falsely played between Locke and MC as their battle royale never came to fruition. But H5 is complete.

I haven’t had this much fun playing Halo since Halo 3. I completely disagree.

I love Warzone. Its just as fun as I thought it would be.

Yea, the advertising was way off from the campaign…like a lot, but I don’t really know what else to say about that.

> 2533274811771792;2:
> One of the few who think H4 campaign was better than H5. Yes, falsely played between Locke and MC as their battle royale never came to fruition. But H5 is complete.

Because it was. I did not jump for arc to arc that made no sense. Locke is after Jul’Mdama, then he is after Chief. Chief is looking for Cortana. He somehow finds her, he goes to Meridian, Locke goes to Meridian. Misses Chief. Goes to Shanghellios. Wins the Elite-Elite war. Gets on a guardian. Makes peace with Chief. WTF Btw 343. Chief gets captured by evil Cortana. Locke goes after. He clicks a button. 343 ball 2.0 takes over. Cortana attacks half the human fleet from Halo 2. Infinity runs, still WTF. And Chief-Locke return to Shanghellios like best buddies. Like, seriously. Atleast in H4 I know where I was going really.

> 2560081931056311;4:
> I love Warzone. Its just as fun as I thought it would be.
>
> Yea, the advertising was way off from the campaign…like a lot, but I don’t really know what else to say about that.

Warzone is fun, I agree. But it is not exactly what they promised. I did expect far more AI than it is in it currently. Hopefully Firefight will help me there

> 2533275011703423;6:
> > 2560081931056311;4:
> > I love Warzone. Its just as fun as I thought it would be.
> >
> > Yea, the advertising was way off from the campaign…like a lot, but I don’t really know what else to say about that.
>
>
> Warzone is fun, I agree. But it is not exactly what they promised. I did expect far more AI than it is in it currently. Hopefully Firefight will help me there

I guess that’s just a difference in expectations and perception of the trailers.

> 2533275011703423;1:
> For many reasons, however I am going to state and describe the following ones:
>
> - False Advertising. What was Hunt the Truth ever meant to be? I will tell you, one of the most genius and well placed marketing schemes I have ever seen in my gaming life. It truly got the masses hyped, and even those non Halo players were hyped for it. However, when the game came out, what we got was a -Yoink- slap contest between Locke and the Chief. The guardians never really did any destruction, and we never once saw any ONI agent. Ben would be crying in his cell right now.
> - The graphical “improvements”. So, when was the last time you jumped into a warzone match and not felt you were inside a cartoon. The colours are too bright, too vibrant. I did a look at the Halo Reach, 4 and 5 Snipe Rifle and found that even though the reach one was the most “military” I liked the Halo 4 one since it was not too modern yet still felt Halo to me. At the same time, when was the last time your Spartan was actually a Spartan, and not a -Yoink- Power Ranger. The colour pallet is terrible, I want a dark green for my Spartan, yet 2/3 choices result in a horrid light green. I preferred the 1/2 improvements back in Halo Reach, or even 4. It did not actually alter the look of the Helmet/Armour to make it look worse than it actually is.
> - The Story. Oh dear, I loved the story in Halo 4, the multiplayer was the part that was lacking. Guess they decided to give us their best multiplayer, and -Yoink- up on the Campaign. If you look at the Start and End of the Halo 2 cutscenes, god those elites look far superior to the ones found in the Campaign. Yeah, the looked like plastic, but at the same time it was 10 million times better than the design we got from the H5G. Also, I love getting 3 Legendary achievements easy, however I want to kill not talk to elites. Last and not by means least. Story was terrible 343i, get rid of the guy who thought it was a good idea, and hire the guy that did Halo 4’s story.
> - Warzone is not a Warzone. Weapons, Players, AI, Vehicles flying everywhere! This was going to change multiplayer forever! Or, so we thought. AI kills do not increase your score. What is the point of having bosses if they do not have an “army” to fight against to get to him. Some bosses have it, like the Knight on the winter map, however why can this not for all others. A couple of elites is not good enough to defend against 4/5 Spartans with Battle Rifles. I want to see my teammates fall to the AI, not to a idiot sniper on a rock.
> - Splitscreen. Not going to describe it, however imagine Warzone in splitscreen. That will suffice.
> And that is why Halo 5 Truly failed, in my own eyes. Still love the idea, the concept and the willingness of 343i, you just -Yoink- up on the execution.

I agree with you.
Halo 5 could have been so much better. Not about the technical part, because it is truly beautiful most of the time. I speak about the scenario of the campaign, the dialogue, and what you said

> 2533274864769942;8:
> > 2533275011703423;1:
> > For many reasons, however I am going to state and describe the following ones:
> >
> > - False Advertising. What was Hunt the Truth ever meant to be? I will tell you, one of the most genius and well placed marketing schemes I have ever seen in my gaming life. It truly got the masses hyped, and even those non Halo players were hyped for it. However, when the game came out, what we got was a -Yoink- slap contest between Locke and the Chief. The guardians never really did any destruction, and we never once saw any ONI agent. Ben would be crying in his cell right now.
> > - The graphical “improvements”. So, when was the last time you jumped into a warzone match and not felt you were inside a cartoon. The colours are too bright, too vibrant. I did a look at the Halo Reach, 4 and 5 Snipe Rifle and found that even though the reach one was the most “military” I liked the Halo 4 one since it was not too modern yet still felt Halo to me. At the same time, when was the last time your Spartan was actually a Spartan, and not a -Yoink- Power Ranger. The colour pallet is terrible, I want a dark green for my Spartan, yet 2/3 choices result in a horrid light green. I preferred the 1/2 improvements back in Halo Reach, or even 4. It did not actually alter the look of the Helmet/Armour to make it look worse than it actually is.
> > - The Story. Oh dear, I loved the story in Halo 4, the multiplayer was the part that was lacking. Guess they decided to give us their best multiplayer, and -Yoink- up on the Campaign. If you look at the Start and End of the Halo 2 cutscenes, god those elites look far superior to the ones found in the Campaign. Yeah, the looked like plastic, but at the same time it was 10 million times better than the design we got from the H5G. Also, I love getting 3 Legendary achievements easy, however I want to kill not talk to elites. Last and not by means least. Story was terrible 343i, get rid of the guy who thought it was a good idea, and hire the guy that did Halo 4’s story.
> > - Warzone is not a Warzone. Weapons, Players, AI, Vehicles flying everywhere! This was going to change multiplayer forever! Or, so we thought. AI kills do not increase your score. What is the point of having bosses if they do not have an “army” to fight against to get to him. Some bosses have it, like the Knight on the winter map, however why can this not for all others. A couple of elites is not good enough to defend against 4/5 Spartans with Battle Rifles. I want to see my teammates fall to the AI, not to a idiot sniper on a rock.
> > - Splitscreen. Not going to describe it, however imagine Warzone in splitscreen. That will suffice.
> > And that is why Halo 5 Truly failed, in my own eyes. Still love the idea, the concept and the willingness of 343i, you just -Yoink- up on the execution.
>
>
> I agree with you.
> Halo 5 could have been so much better. Not about the technical part, because it is truly beautiful most of the time. I speak about the scenario of the campaign, the dialogue, and what you said

Huh, mk

I’m speechless.:blush:

I disagree. Halo 5 is my personal favorite Halo. That being said, It could have been better. I like Warzone but it wasn’t quite what I hoped it would be. I thought Warzone would feel like a mix of Battlefield conquest and Halo BTB but it doesn’t feel quite as good as either. The removal of split screen, armor and emblem customization held it back for me as well. I also preferred the darker tone of Halo Reach. I love Arena, they just need some true casual playlists.

Halo 6 Arena should be a spartan simulation and Warzone should be a real war zone. Warzone should be twice the size and feature Spartans vs Elites in a darker more realistic tone.

> 2533275011703423;5:
> > 2533274811771792;2:
> > One of the few who think H4 campaign was better than H5. Yes, falsely played between Locke and MC as their battle royale never came to fruition. But H5 is complete.
>
>
> Because it was. I did not jump for arc to arc that made no sense. Locke is after Jul’Mdama, then he is after Chief. Chief is looking for Cortana. He somehow finds her, he goes to Meridian, Locke goes to Meridian. Misses Chief. Goes to Shanghellios. Wins the Elite-Elite war. Gets on a guardian. Makes peace with Chief. WTF Btw 343. Chief gets captured by evil Cortana. Locke goes after. He clicks a button. 343 ball 2.0 takes over. Cortana attacks half the human fleet from Halo 2. Infinity runs, still WTF. And Chief-Locke return to Shanghellios like best buddies. Like, seriously. Atleast in H4 I know where I was going really.

I read your perception of the Halo 5 Campaign and came to the conclusion that you don’t play games for the story. So I’d recommend you stop judging it so harshly and actually try to play understand the campaign.

But you’ve probably never read up on any of the books in the Halo Universe. So I won’t flame you or be too judgemental.

> 2533274956086815;12:
> > 2533275011703423;5:
> > > 2533274811771792;2:
> > > One of the few who think H4 campaign was better than H5. Yes, falsely played between Locke and MC as their battle royale never came to fruition. But H5 is complete.
> >
> >
> > Because it was. I did not jump for arc to arc that made no sense. Locke is after Jul’Mdama, then he is after Chief. Chief is looking for Cortana. He somehow finds her, he goes to Meridian, Locke goes to Meridian. Misses Chief. Goes to Shanghellios. Wins the Elite-Elite war. Gets on a guardian. Makes peace with Chief. WTF Btw 343. Chief gets captured by evil Cortana. Locke goes after. He clicks a button. 343 ball 2.0 takes over. Cortana attacks half the human fleet from Halo 2. Infinity runs, still WTF. And Chief-Locke return to Shanghellios like best buddies. Like, seriously. Atleast in H4 I know where I was going really.
>
>
> I read your perception of the Halo 5 Campaign and came to the conclusion that you don’t play games for the story. So I’d recommend you stop judging it so harshly and actually try to play understand the campaign.
>
> But you’ve probably never read up on any of the books in the Halo Universe. So I won’t flame you or be too judgemental.

You shouldn’t have to read books to understand the story. The books should not be used to set up the story line of a game. They should be used to flesh out the characters of the games. Or in the words of this guy…

well, if we want to point figures at cartoony Halos, we have to add Halo 5s older brother Halo 3.

I think the halo 5 campaign failed so badly that i could prefer codb3 campaign. Multiplayer was a success though

I think it’s small failure simply because it’s too easy. The game itself has a great sandbox. But it lacks in content and skill. I’ve never played ranked playlists so little because there’s just no point. You don’t improve because the skill gap is next to non existent. Sniping is too easy, magnetism is too high, and exploits that can be learned and practice to set you apart are considered “unfair” and taken out.

To be honest the Halo 5 Beta graphics in my opinion looked better.

I agree with everything except 4.

The most important reason Halo 5 failed, the micro-transaction, the Requisition. There is a lot more reasons Halo 5 failed

> 2535410755618980;17:
> To be honest the Halo 5 Beta graphics in my opinion looked better.

Agree