Why Halo 5 is my GOTY

• Really epic looking story. (That ship battle in the background of the E3 demo looks awesome. - Amazing artstyle (ermagerd that warzone map looks so cool with whales and an ocean behind the glass) - Enemy variety (not just a bunch of plain men like cod) - Game modes for all types of players (competitive arena, big chaotic battles with customization) - Epic music once again. - More open levels - Map design ( lots of symmetrical maps with plenty of routes)+ Fathom looks epic (underwater map) - Unlocks will keep me playing (getting epic legendary weapons and armor.Honestly, Fallout 4 looks cool, but Halo 5’s epic sci-fi story is more exciting to me. Building houses and forts will be awesome, but the novelty will wear off. Star Wars battlefront LOOKS epic, but when you tear off the star wars skin, you realize that it’s battlefield. Even in the E3 demo (watch for yourself) the animations looked like BF (the way the character runs, the weight of the character, and even the way the guns recoil).

Halo 5 is evidently on the sleeper list for most journalists, as they didn’t hardly notice its existence at all at E3 or talk much about it afterwards. I think/hope 343 is staying mum about this game on purpose, and that we are all blown away when the game releases.

wow you may already have played Halo 5!..

They’ve hyped it up. I hope it’s as good as they say it is!

Looks like it’ll be a great game. But best of the year? I dunno about that. Only time will tell.

> 2533274876456769;5:
> Looks like it’ll be a great game. But best of the year? I dunno about that. Only time will tell.

For me it is. It’s got story and mp. Star wars mp looks great, but no story. Fallout 4 has depth in gameplay, but the story is just more post apocaliptic fetch quests and no mp. Those 2 games are the only real holiday 2015 contenders for my goty. Halo 5 seems better than both.

I don’t know about it being a real GOTY for most critics, but I can say that it will be the most played game I get and in that sense it too will be my personal GOTY. The only others that it’ll have to compete with for major playing time are Star Wars: Battlefront and Destiny’s Expansion (The Taken King); otherwise, I’ll be waiting for major price drops or DLC packaged editions on many of the other games that interested me at this E3 such as Fallout 4 (I’m going to wait for a GOTY edition which I’m pretty sure there will be and because this game doesn’t have multiplayer I feel like I won’t be missing any major window to enjoy it), Gears of War 4 (since I’m not huge into the MP scene I’m simply going to wait for a huge price drop in order to play the story), Below (no reason to rush the purchase), South Park: The Fractured But Whole (again, no reason to rush the purchase), The Rise of the Tomb Raider (will wait for a DLC bundle before getting it to play the story), Mass Effect Andromeda (personally hoping to see a re-tweaked re-release of the Shepard saga before getting this), Unravel (no reason to rush the purchase), Ashen (again, no reason to rush the purchase or at least I don’t think there will be), Inside (not much of a reason to rush the purchase outside of my desire to play it sooner rather than later), Swindle (I’m guessing I’ll eventually get this for free through Microsoft’s Gold Membership’s free monthly game offers), and Batman: Arkham Knight (I can wait for a DLC bundle and probably even for a major price drop too).

The question mark games: For Honor (looks really cool and since it’s focused around it’s online multiplayer I wouldn’t want to wait to long before getting, but this is all based on how the game turns out – I’ll be taking a wait and see approach), Doom (like Halo I’ve got a nostalgic relationship with the game series that has kept me buying it, but I’ll also be taking a wait and see approach with it since I don’t consider it on the same tier as Halo MP wise nor story wise), Rainbow Six Siege (looks awesome, but I fear it’ll get quite repetitive and boring rather quick so I’m taking a wait and see approach with it too), Ghost Recon Wildlands (looks quite intriguing, but I think it’ll be a game I can take a wait and see approach with after it’s release), The Division (looks pretty damn good, but I’m not sure it’s a game that I’ll find myself putting a ton of time into and since it’s RPG based it’ll require more of a commitment to enjoy), Black Ops 3 (I pretty much have been done with CoD for some time now and there’s not much to draw me back with Blops 3 other than my friends list still having many who play).

> 2533274892061674;2:
> Halo 5 is evidently on the sleeper list for most journalists, as they didn’t hardly notice its existence at all at E3 or talk much about it afterwards. I think/hope 343 is staying mum about this game on purpose, and that we are all blown away when the game releases.

thats what i feel like their doing they are staying quiet and secretive on purpose their years with bungie did alot of good

halo 5 will be awesome. Its going to have the best story by far. I’m stoked.

I don’t give a damn what other sites think. I know h5 will be mine without a doubt

Since you’re clearly from the future, can you tell me how Halo 5’s launch goes? And if the population is large and stable? And if the reviews are good?

I agree with you 100 percent.

Maybe you should play a game before calling it your game of the year?..

I mean, I’m hyped for it and all, and I love Halo, but the game hasn’t even come out yet. I think this post may be a bit too early.

It isn’t out yet, chill.

Reviewer you have to go back. Back to the Future!

As much as I love the Halo universe I think Fallout is pretty cool too with its futuristic America as envisioned by 50s America with nuclear anxiety.

Don’t make that assumption, we do not know how it will be yet. It could be amazing or it could be the worst halo to date.

> 2533274892061674;2:
> Halo 5 is evidently on the sleeper list for most journalists, as they didn’t hardly notice its existence at all at E3 or talk much about it afterwards. I think/hope 343 is staying mum about this game on purpose, and that we are all blown away when the game releases.

What else do you expect after TMCC disaster. Yes 343 will need a miracle to redeem themselves after what happened with that game. The less they say, the less gets thrown back into their face if it doesn’t work. Last thing they want thrown in their face for another year is something like “Exactly as you remember”.

I am excited for Warzone especially since it has bots and JIP. But H5 wont be a day 1 purchase for me.

> 2533274898131165;18:
> Don’t make that assumption, we do not know how it will be yet. It could be amazing or it could be the worst halo to date.

An EASY assumption to make me thinks even if you just based it off the MP alone. I’m from the past, and the past agrees.