Why Halo 3 Infection..................

Why Halo 3 Infection was better, did anyone else notice how many short cuts Bungie took in making halo reach Infection? They started out terrible with only 8 player and the evade AA which was terrible. Then they swithced to 12 players and Sprint which was better but still not as classic as no AA. I know there wasn’t much they could do other then sprint i know no AA would be to hard to infect people since they made the Pistol and Shotgun so strong. Then i liked how with the Halo 3 Shot Gun you could accually get a Bull True and survive because it fired fast.

Then this is something that really shows how lazy Bungie is. In Halo 3 Infection they made a Different map variet for every single map they put in Halo 3 infection (Like Dead Lock instead of Black out), and they made two maps completely for infection, the houted house on Foundry and the temple thing on sandbox (i forget the name). They forge is so good in Reach they could make dozens of Infection specific maps.

Finnally we come my last problem with Reach infection, in Halo Reach infection there are two gametypes one sucks and the other is decent. In Halo Three they had Save one Bullet (which was really fun if you were having a bad night of Braaaains, and they could do it in reach and just give them no AA’s), Braaaaaaains (which is basicly the Alpha zombies in reach just minus the AA’s), Creaping Death (which i personally didn’t really like but it was nice to have some variety), Creeping Rockets (Whick i liked a lot more then creeping death because of the laser mostly), and last but not least my faverite infectio gametype, Speed Demons i mean come on who didn’t like getting killtrocities on valhalla or driving the white worthog on avalanche or using the turret on Standoff.

Well thats it for my Halo 3 infection as opposed to Halo Reach Infection, so let me know how you guys feel about what i said, oh and by the way i’m not a complayner i was very good at Halo infection and i am at Reach infection, and i played a ton of games so i know what i’m talking about.

AA stands for Armor Ability to anyone who didn’t know.

To be honest,

Casual Custom Infection Games have always been dominant. You get some of the best ones that rely on Teamwork and Skill to survive while you have others such as “SUPA ZOMBAIZ” which are totally tipped in favour for either the Humans or the Infected.

If your talking about the Infection Matchmaking then that has always been mediocre.

In Halo 3, the custom maps were far too sloppy in design since you get get out the boundaries easily with a friend and the Official Maps such as Snowbound and Citadel were FAR too small, leaving an eventual dogpile effect at the beginning of the matches. Creeping Death and Braains were bad and the only good one I thought was Save One Bullet.

In Halo: Reach, the maps have far too many chokepoints and community hotspots such as the Red Lift in Sword Base or on top of the Middle Outpost on The Cage which make Human / Zombie encounters hard. Safe Havens is the only good infection gametype on there since it encourages players to keep a certain pace in order to survive.

Alas, Living Dead is one of the most popular playlists on Halo: Reach so far (10,000 Average) so I highly doubt any changes will be made to it.

what was reach good for in the first place?
master chef can take on the entire covenant empire and the flood at the same time, but he can’t dip a toe in water without dying, even with a pressurised suit. WTF?

@ RPGStylee

A Game that was better then Halo 3 in terms of Story, Characters and Gameplay.

> @ RPGStylee
>
> A Game that was better then Halo 3 in terms of Story, Characters and Gameplay.

there was no character development at all in reech, gameplay sucks -Yoink-, and the story was -Yoink-.

master chef can take on the entire covenant empire and the flood at the same time, but he can’t dip a toe in water without dying, even with a pressurised suit. WTF?

I can’t tell you how much I loved Infection in Halo 3. Bungie gave it so much love back then, but in Reach, it’s different. It’s not about survival anymore, but giving the Zombies are rough time, the spawns are s**t, the maps are terrible “cough…Uncaged…cough” and the Shotgun has an insane range. What makes it even worse is the fact that people can block an Energy sword that’s made out of pure plasma, PURE -Yoinking!- PLASMA!!! You know what’s even more annoying? I tell you, those -Yoink!-, little kids that love to scream down their mic whenever they get infected or going nuts on a Killing Spree. It’s not even remotely funny, I can’t enjoy it like I use to. I think Bungie went lazy on this one.

Let’s hope 343i give it some love because right now, it plays out like Team Slayer FFA. Zombies should be hunting the Humans, not the other way round.

> I can’t tell you how much I loved Infection in Halo 3. Bungie gave it so much love back then, but in Reach, it’s different. It’s not about survival anymore, but giving the Zombies are rough time, the spawns are s**t, the maps are terrible “cough…Uncaged…cough” and the Shotgun has an insane range. What makes it even worse is people blocking the Energy sword that’s made out of pure plasma, PURE Yoink! PLASMA!!! Also that damn glow on the Energy sword whenever you try to hide and finally, those annoying little kids screaming down their mic whenever they get infected or going nuts on a killing spree. It’s not even remotely funny, I can’t enjoy it like I use to. I think Bungie went lazy on this one.
>
> Let’s hope 343i give it some love because right now, it plays out like Team Slayer FFA. Zombies should be hunting the Humans, not the other way round.

At least somebody agrees with me :slight_smile:

> > I can’t tell you how much I loved Infection in Halo 3. Bungie gave it so much love back then, but in Reach, it’s different. It’s not about survival anymore, but giving the Zombies are rough time, the spawns are s**t, the maps are terrible “cough…Uncaged…cough” and the Shotgun has an insane range. What makes it even worse is people blocking the Energy sword that’s made out of pure plasma, PURE Yoink! PLASMA!!! Also that damn glow on the Energy sword whenever you try to hide and finally, those annoying little kids screaming down their mic whenever they get infected or going nuts on a killing spree. It’s not even remotely funny, I can’t enjoy it like I use to. I think Bungie went lazy on this one.
> >
> > Let’s hope 343i give it some love because right now, it plays out like Team Slayer FFA. Zombies should be hunting the Humans, not the other way round.
>
> At least somebody agrees with me :slight_smile:

oh thats right, I forgot to say I agree with you. its one of the reasons I stopped playing reach.

I agree with you

LOL in Reach Living Dead you might as well stand still if you are a zombie because they drop like flies. Or go around betraying each other, that’s funner than being killed by the humans over and over again.

While I never played the version of living dead in 3 I have found the reach addition to be enjoyable.Perhaps due to its popularity they will add varients from the previous title,which would most likely draw the current population that does not care for it now,but would enjoy some 3 playlist in reach.

> @ RPGStylee
>
> A Game that was better then Halo 3 in terms of Story, Characters and Gameplay.

I agree that Halo: Reach’s Living Dead needs a lot of work in order to have even a chance at becoming something respectable. I do not agree, however, that the best course of action is to manage it the same way that Halo 3’s Living Dead was managed. H3LD was better than HRLD is now, but that doesn’t mean it was actually good.

> Then this is something that really shows how lazy Bungie is. In Halo 3 Infection they made a Different map variet for every single map they put in Halo 3 infection (Like Dead Lock instead of Black out),

The Community Cartographers are looking for Infection maps for Halo: Reach’s Living Dead. The difference is that the maps they’re looking for will be community-made, and will actually be good.

In Halo 3, most of the debris was added more-or-less randomly, and many of the changes actually made the gameplay worse than it would’ve been on unaltered defaults. It sucks that we don’t yet have Infection-specific maps in Reach, but at the same time I can’t possibly imagine how much more miserable the playlist would be if its maps had the kind of “craftsmanship” that maps in Halo 3’s Living Dead did.

> Finnally we come my last problem with Reach infection, in Halo Reach infection there are two gametypes one sucks and the other is decent. In Halo Three they had Save one Bullet, Braaaaaaains, Creaping Death, Creeping Rockets, and last but not least my faverite infectio gametype, Speed Demons

Reach’s “Infection” makes the Zombies stronger than they should be in CQC, but not strong enough to counter the imbalance of the current map selection. “Alpha Zombies”, on the other hand, is absolutely wonderful when played on well-made maps.

Halo 3’s “Save One Bullet” and “Brains” played decently enough in the rare cases when players didn’t exploit the worst of the maps’ design flaws. “Creeping Death” and “Creeping Rockets” were absolutely dreadful, however; the Zombies were so much stronger than the Humans in nearly every scenario that every match I played became a race – people trying to get themselves killed the earliest, so that they can kill more players as Zombies, because your chances of killing anything as a Human were pitifully low. When “Speed Demons” didn’t lead to the same suicide race, it instead just led to the Zombies getting repeatedly, easily, boringly destroyed on huge, open maps.

50% of Reach LD’s gametypes are bad, while 60% of H3LD’s gametypes were terrible. Gametype-wise, Reach seems like an improvement to me. :\

I don’t like the reach infection too much. I think the Halo 3 infection was much simpler than Reach and generally more fun.

> I don’t like the reach infection too much. I think the Halo 3 infection was much simpler than Reach and generally more fun.

end thread

> I don’t like the reach infection too much. I think the Halo 3 infection was much simpler than Reach and generally more fun.

I was more fun i was just playing it today. and it felt so good not to worry about killing a zombie with the shotgun then a second later you die from their laggy sword.

> > I don’t like the reach infection too much. I think the Halo 3 infection was much simpler than Reach and generally more fun.
>
> I was more fun i was just playing it today. and it felt so good not to worry about killing a zombie with the shotgun then a second later you die from their laggy sword.

Lol, yeah I agree, I just sometimes pop in my Halo 3 and play for nostalgia’s sake.

> > > I don’t like the reach infection too much. I think the Halo 3 infection was much simpler than Reach and generally more fun.
> >
> > I was more fun i was just playing it today. and it felt so good not to worry about killing a zombie with the shotgun then a second later you die from their laggy sword.
>
> Lol, yeah I agree, I just sometimes pop in my Halo 3 and play for nostalgia’s sake.

Yeah i enjoyed it too :slight_smile:

I like it overall a lot better it it could be even better in Reach if they did it right.

Infection on the Anniversary maps is at least a little better.