Why HALO 2 deserves reincarnation

Halo 2 touched many gamers and non-gamers alike. With not only an extraordinary campaign, but also a multiplayer that defined multiplayer standards and beyond.

Halo 2 brought amazing ideas and aspects to the table, and is by far(in my opinion) the most revolutionary Halo game to date.

• The campaign:

Not only did Bungie managed to create beautiful environments, and almost true-scale war. But they also told story. Not only a story involving deep emotions as well as action-packed firefights, but insight in our enemys; The Covenant. Insight in such a religious driven foe really touched me, and such insight has never been given in a Halo game before.

An campaign driven by religious motives, and excellent plot twists, really touched my heart, and Halo 2´s campaign is still near my heart to this date.

• The multiplayer:

Oh-my. Where to even begin.

Bungie nailed it. Investing thousand of man hours in an online feature that would ultimately lead to the best ever crafted multiplayer experience to date.

Halo 2 was the pinnacle of online experience(s). The beautiful environments, the balanced, excellent gameplay and revolutionary new mechanics, meant that this exact game would stay on the number one spot for years to come.

The amount of replay value this game had(and still has) was/is immense. Fun objective gametypes, mixed with slayer gametypes, created this huge diversity. There was almost to much to chose from. Which is something fans like, options to chose from.

In the end Halo 2 had something for anyone. Whether you were a campaign guy, multiplayer guy or just one of the millions who loved the social elements Halo 2 brought to the table, you were almost guaranteed to love this game or make a friend through Xbox Live(I know I did).

Still to this date I(and many others) play Halo 2 both on the Xbox and the PC. Multiplayer is still as epic as ever and with a very friendly community surrounding it, it creates one of the best experiences I(and properly many others) have ever had in years.

Those are the reasons why I think this game truly deserves reincarnation.

Make it happen 343.

Thank you.

Perfect description of Halo 2. I miss it so much. Still the best online experience to date.

I fully and enthusiastically support Halo 2 Anniversary.

Multiplayer
Keep the maps the same [Look alot like the orginal etc], keep the multiplayer untouched with every bug and glitch.

Campaign
Fix the Brutes bullet sponge and make them five shot.

I would love to see a remake of Halo 2 in a couple years, the Campaign is great and the multiplayer is too.

Not sure they should remake the multiplayer or do a map pack if they do it but I’m not worried about the multiplayer portion so much, I don’t need my time split up between the multiplayer of multiple Halo games.

However, the same maps over and over again is getting old.

What ever I just was to play the campign with amazing visuals.

> I would love to see a remake of Halo 2 in a couple years, the Campaign is great and the multiplayer is too.
>
> Not sure they should remake the multiplayer or do a map pack if they do it but I’m not worried about the multiplayer portion so much, I don’t need my time split up between the multiplayer of multiple Halo games.
>
> However, the same maps over and over again is getting old.
>
> What ever I just was to play the campign with amazing visuals.

The Multiplayer is the best in my opinion.

I couldn’t care less about the population for other halo games aslong as I have my Halo 2.