Why H5's Arena Ranking system is bad

I’m Gold 5 in Team Slayer. Now I’m by far not the best player, but on other Halo games I was above average. I’m fine with being bad on this game but I’m beginning to pick up the pace on this game and play consistently well, however my CSR is not going up because I get paired up with bad teammates because I’m in Gold. So games my teammates decide to -Yoink!- around, I suffer and my CSR goes down. And I can’t get paired up with better players to fix this because I’m in Gold. So I’m stuck in this neverending uroboros. Thanks 343.

I have to second this, and hopefully share some thought along the way. I am not entirely certain how the ranking system pairs players together, is it by experience level? Ranking level? Combination of both? Uncertain. From experience I can say though that it can fairly outmatch an entire team. Examples - Yesterday, got matched with another Gold, and 2 unranked, our opponents were - Diamond 2, Platinum 2, Platinum 1, Gold 3. How does that even close to rank as a fair match? Yes, we lost, not for lack of effort, but due to poor matchmaking. Even if this was a premade friends group, they should have been matched against people of their caliber. It doesn’t pay to match lower players against those who outmatch them entirely. Your lower ranks will get frustrated and leave, or quit playing entirely. And your higher ranks get over-inflated ranking as they are constantly matched against opponents they can blow away. Something is broken in the ranking structure, if it is even used at all in matchmaking consideration. If it is, there is a major issue, if it isn’t, it sure as heck should be.

> 2533274925602214;1:
> I’m Gold 5 in Team Slayer. Now I’m by far not the best player, but on other Halo games I was above average. I’m fine with being bad on this game but I’m beginning to pick up the pace on this game and play consistently well, however my CSR is not going up because I get paired up with bad teammates because I’m in Gold. So games my teammates decide to -Yoink!- around, I suffer and my CSR goes down. And I can’t get paired up with better players to fix this because I’m in Gold. So I’m stuck in this neverending uroboros. Thanks 343.

Just stick it out until the ranks reset and get placed higher. Or, play with your friends and not have to worry about this. Keep in mind, however; that you are probably still in Gold for a reason. I got placed in Gold in Team Arena (probably a fluke) but I was good enough to play alone and carry my teammates while in Gold and Platinum (Keep in mind that this was with objective gametypes in arena). I would take advantage of this and get better playing scrubs to the point where you are good enough to carry them. You are most likely in this division for a reason though.

> 2533274925602214;1:
> I’m Gold 5 in Team Slayer. Now I’m by far not the best player, but on other Halo games I was above average. I’m fine with being bad on this game but I’m beginning to pick up the pace on this game and play consistently well, however my CSR is not going up because I get paired up with bad teammates because I’m in Gold. So games my teammates decide to -Yoink!- around, I suffer and my CSR goes down. And I can’t get paired up with better players to fix this because I’m in Gold. So I’m stuck in this neverending uroboros. Thanks 343.

When your in a game with another teammate who is good go into the scoreboard and invite them into your fireteam.

I’d like it if they increased the speed of the ranking, but that’s just my two cents. I’ve ranked up to diamond in 2 different playlists and it’s such a grind trying to get ranked up in that next tier.

I absolutely hate this ranking system, I honestly love team games. I think there is no better feeling than working with other players and collectively winning a game, but there are so many flaws in this ranking system that the only way that can happen is if your with friends. First off, not everyone uses mics, which I’m fine with, sometimes i don’t want to talk to people, but it also means that stupid guy sitting behind a rock watching while you get shot in the back by the enemy standing less than 2 fee away from him isn’t gonna do anything. Again, fine, not everyone knows what they are doing, but when half the team leaves, and I stick it out, my rank and the few others who didn’t quit suffer.
Also, when either i do terribly, or my teammates do terribly, no matter what, if we lose, we all suffer the same penalty. It means the “skill” rank, isn’t actually based on skill, its based on either how lucky you were to get matched with more competent players, or your playing with friends. Minimal skill required and honestly its ruined a lot of the my Halo experience, knowing that my performance only matters if my team can perform decently as well.
I feel like 343 has forced the community into accepting what its giving us, instead of listening to the community about what we want. I won’t be buying the next halo because of it.

if i had a dollar for every bad teammate. im not the best player in H5 but i play solo most of the time and i got put into silver for btb because how bad my teams are i literally carry every game and its just not enough. i was able to climb myself to silver 4 but its just never enough i get terrible teams all the time its so frustrating

right. im constantly put with unranked and low gold players and im always against all platnum. ang gold covers such a huge variety on skill, ill get people who can easily pull 25+ kills and people who cant even get one kill in the same lobby of slayer. ranks arent any good right now

The ranking system needs a big improve. A lot of players got ranks that they didn’t deserve. I am an example with swat. I lost 6 games and got into Onyx. lololol All other playlists i got what i expected and deserved.