why Fred, Kelly, and Linda being in Halo 4 makes sense

Alright, so there’s been alot of back and forth here lately about whether or not more Spartans(Fred, Kelly, and Linda in particular) should or should not be in Halo 4. I’m just gonna say why I think it makes complete sense for them to be there. 343 stated that the Master Chief’s personality would change because of the storyline and that they would explore his character alot more than in previous games. Now, I understand that there are quite a few Halo fans who have not read the books, and a select few who believe that the games are the only canon material and that the books don’t exist. So if you havn’t read the books, obviously you don’t know who Fred, Kelly, and Linda are. Their the Chief’s best friends who he has most likely assumed by now are dead. If they were to appear in Halo 4, this would change his personality because of his relationship with them. This would make his story more personal. With just that, they already make sense being there because it justifies why his personality would change.

YES.

they could be the co-op characters

it does make sense, this is whats probably going to happen.

I could see a huge climax, one or all of the 3 spartans die at the end for some heroic cause. Think about how that will change the Chiefs personality. discovering his long loss friends are alive, just to see them die.

NO NO NO!

MASTER CHIEF IS THE ONLY SPARTAN! THE LAST, BAD -Yoink-, GUY THAT DOESN"T NEED TO DEPEND ON -Yoink- TO GET HIS JOB DONE!

THOSE 3 WILL JUST SLOW HIM DOWN AND MAKE HIM LESS LUCKY!

IF THEY ARE IN THE GAME I HOPE THEY DIE FIRST THING!

I think he should just have visions of his past life (with sam, kelly, fred, linda, james, etc.) …I don’t think they should be like some team mate or w/e

I had this same idea. It would fit incredibly well.

Needless to say, I agree 100%, and in fact will be disappointed with any other story line

Do Want. Fighting with the whole of Blue would be awesome.

I think they’ll appear in Halo 5 instead, but, hey, there is a chance that it could happen.

> NO NO NO!
>
> MASTER CHIEF IS THE ONLY SPARTAN! THE LAST, BAD -Yoink!-, GUY THAT DOESN"T NEED TO DEPEND ON Yoink! TO GET HIS JOB DONE!
>
> THOSE 3 WILL JUST SLOW HIM DOWN AND MAKE HIM LESS LUCKY!
>
> IF THEY ARE IN THE GAME I HOPE THEY DIE FIRST THING!

Right.

John’s equal, Fred, the fastest Spartan, Kelly, and the Spartans’ best sharpshooter, Linda are going to slow John down.

…?

> > NO NO NO!
> >
> > MASTER CHIEF IS THE ONLY SPARTAN! THE LAST, BAD -Yoink!-, GUY THAT DOESN"T NEED TO DEPEND ON Yoink! TO GET HIS JOB DONE!
> >
> > THOSE 3 WILL JUST SLOW HIM DOWN AND MAKE HIM LESS LUCKY!
> >
> > IF THEY ARE IN THE GAME I HOPE THEY DIE FIRST THING!
>
> Right.
>
> John’s equal, Fred, the fastest Spartan, Kelly, and the Spartans’ best sharpshooter, Linda are going to slow John down.
>
> …
>
> …?

If anything, they would help.

> > NO NO NO!
> >
> > MASTER CHIEF IS THE ONLY SPARTAN! THE LAST, BAD -Yoink!-, GUY THAT DOESN"T NEED TO DEPEND ON Yoink! TO GET HIS JOB DONE!
> >
> > THOSE 3 WILL JUST SLOW HIM DOWN AND MAKE HIM LESS LUCKY!
> >
> > IF THEY ARE IN THE GAME I HOPE THEY DIE FIRST THING!
>
> Right.
>
> John’s equal, Fred, the fastest Spartan, Kelly, and the Spartans’ best sharpshooter, Linda are going to slow John down.
>
> …
>
> …?

It’s obvious math come on.

John+Fred+Kelly+Linda=John getting depressed someone else can do his job and in some cases even better which ends up that the team has to wait until Cortona has settled him down.

I was going to say Kurt should be in it to until I realized that he is dead…
Still I would actually like to see some other book characters as well like Tom and Lucy .
And someone refresh my memory because last time I checked Linda was in cryo due to an accident and … Damn it, got to reread Fall of Reach or was it First strike…

No, It was Ghosts of Onyx.

> > > NO NO NO!
> > >
> > > MASTER CHIEF IS THE ONLY SPARTAN! THE LAST, BAD -Yoink!-, GUY THAT DOESN"T NEED TO DEPEND ON Yoink! TO GET HIS JOB DONE!
> > >
> > > THOSE 3 WILL JUST SLOW HIM DOWN AND MAKE HIM LESS LUCKY!
> > >
> > > IF THEY ARE IN THE GAME I HOPE THEY DIE FIRST THING!
> >
> > Right.
> >
> > John’s equal, Fred, the fastest Spartan, Kelly, and the Spartans’ best sharpshooter, Linda are going to slow John down.
> >
> > …
> >
> > …?
>
> It’s obvious math come on.
>
> John+Fred+Kelly+Linda=John getting depressed someone else can do his job and in some cases even better which ends up that the team has to wait until Cortona has settled him down.
>
> I was going to say Kurt should be in it to until I realized that he is dead…
> Still I would actually like to see some other book characters as well like Tom and Lucy .
> And someone refresh my memory because last time I checked Linda was in cryo due to an accident and … Damn it, got to reread Fall of Reach or was it First strike…

> > > NO NO NO!
> > >
> > > MASTER CHIEF IS THE ONLY SPARTAN! THE LAST, BAD -Yoink!-, GUY THAT DOESN"T NEED TO DEPEND ON Yoink! TO GET HIS JOB DONE!
> > >
> > > THOSE 3 WILL JUST SLOW HIM DOWN AND MAKE HIM LESS LUCKY!
> > >
> > > IF THEY ARE IN THE GAME I HOPE THEY DIE FIRST THING!
> >
> > Right.
> >
> > John’s equal, Fred, the fastest Spartan, Kelly, and the Spartans’ best sharpshooter, Linda are going to slow John down.
> >
> > …
> >
> > …?
>
> It’s obvious math come on.
>
> John+Fred+Kelly+Linda=John getting depressed someone else can do his job and in some cases even better which ends up that the team has to wait until Cortona has settled him down.
>
> I was going to say Kurt should be in it to until I realized that he is dead…
> Still I would actually like to see some other book characters as well like Tom and Lucy .
> And someone refresh my memory because last time I checked Linda was in cryo due to an accident and … Damn it, got to reread Fall of Reach or was it First strike…

Halsey saved Linda in First Strike. Linda went into the cryo tube in Fall of Reach. Chief put her there. So she is alive and well.

In First Strike Linda is revived.

Also having Blue Team be the Co-op characters would be so much fun.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not necrobump old threads.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Well, here is what i think, i think that when they come out with Halo 5(since they came out with Halo 4), they should make it like Dead Space 3 where the co-op characters are the but only controllable if you are playing co-op like in cut-scenes… also it would be awesome if they brought blue team into this. Also the Arbiter should make a comeback. I think what should happen is that the Didact is not fully dead and Cortana should come back as in a flashback or something like that giving master chief hints on what he needs to do. I truly think that if 343 industries did this, it would make the game truly more interesting and it would change Master chief’s personality a little and if they incorporated like flashbacks of Reach from the viewpoint of Spartan II’s fighting, it would make this game fun… If only people shared my opinion…

Umm… Was it really necessary to revive a thread that’s over a year old?

>

Just make a new thread! Why revive a dead one?

By now,

John as no equal.

His journey is a solidary one.