Why fix something that isn't broken?

I cannot find a good explanation as to why they removed BR starts and map voting. BR starts have always been the most sought after game type, and now they’re gone completely. I have not seen one complaint saying “I wish there were fewer BR gunfights”. I realize that they are now weapon pickups but the AR spam is just unbearable. The fact that it can beat nearly any weapon in a close range gunfight is ridiculous. I miss the days when you laughed as some noob charged at you with RT held down and easily kill them. Spray and pray has never been nor should ever be a part of halo. As for the map voting, it is in almost every other multiplayer game. Some of the maps in H5 suck (plaza) and I would love to at least have the opportunity to choose a better map. 343, please realize you are alienating the fans that made this game popular. I want to like this game so badly, but I simply don’t enjoy it in its current state.

i too think we’re better off having a weapon that is never a viable option because it’s useless at long range, medium range, AND close range.

get out of here kid. Halo was born without the BR and was at its peak before starting with one was ever a thing. Halo 5 has a multitude of problems, but the AR isn’t one and neither is spawning without a power weapon. you want your precision when you spawn? get good with a pistol.

Br starts were a thing mainly becuase automatics were made to worthless in oast Halo games. They are usable now and BR’s are a tier 2 weapon anyways. Whats so fun about mid map battles. Also the no mao voting is a good thing. Map votibg was horrible for the simole fact that people woukd choosw the same nap over and over again. Also the AR should out gun a BR or a DMR at close range thats its speciality.

> 2776549591718971;2:
> i too think we’re better off having a weapon that is never a viable option because it’s useless at long range, medium range, AND close range.
>
> get out of here kid. Halo was born without the BR and was at its peak before starting with one was ever a thing. Halo 5 has a multitude of problems, but the AR isn’t one and neither is spawning without a power weapon. you want your precision when you spawn? get good with a pistol.

If you think the BR is useless at all ranges then clearly you are one of the people I am talking about when I say that they just spray and pray.

> 2533274909782384;4:
> > 2776549591718971;2:
> > i too think we’re better off having a weapon that is never a viable option because it’s useless at long range, medium range, AND close range.
> >
> > get out of here kid. Halo was born without the BR and was at its peak before starting with one was ever a thing. Halo 5 has a multitude of problems, but the AR isn’t one and neither is spawning without a power weapon. you want your precision when you spawn? get good with a pistol.
>
>
> If you think the BR is useless at all ranges then clearly you are one of the people I am talking about when I say that they just spray and pray.

Each weapon has its own advantage. Halo 3 always had a mix of regular AR stars and Team BR playlists thrown in together in Team Slayer. It kind of sucks that now it’s only AR starts.

> 2533274830513360;3:
> Br starts were a thing mainly becuase automatics were made to worthless in oast Halo games. They are usable now and BR’s are a tier 2 weapon anyways. Whats so fun about mid map battles. Also the no mao voting is a good thing. Map votibg was horrible for the simole fact that people woukd choosw the same nap over and over again. Also the AR should out gun a BR or a DMR at close range thats its speciality.

Agreed, map voting was so repetitive at least now we have some variety and people actually have to be good at multiple maps.

BR starts were always favored because the normal AR/Pistol loadout was never done right. But, spawning with a utility weapon like the BR restricts movement (because of its range; you just get a lot of shootouts across the map) and extremely reduces the liklihood of picking up mid tier weapons like the shotgun.

In Halo 5, the AR/Pistol are a lot better balanced: the pistol is like a BR-lite, gets the job done but its worth trading out for a BR if you get one and the AR works well in close-range, but can be traded out for an SMG or another power weapon if you want to keep your Pistol/BR.

And thats the whole point of having a spawn loadout: stuff that’s good enough to get by with, but you’ll always be looking out to trade up for better weapons. The BR was never something you wanted to trade out.

> 2533274842918190;7:
> BR starts were always favored because the normal AR/Pistol loadout was never done right. But, spawning with a utility weapon like the BR restricts movement (because of its range; you just get a lot of shootouts across the map) and extremely reduces the liklihood of picking up mid tier weapons like the shotgun.
>
> In Halo 5, the AR/Pistol are a lot better balanced: the pistol is like a BR-lite, gets the job done but its worth trading out for a BR if you get one and the AR works well in close-range, but can be traded out for an SMG or another power weapon if you want to keep your Pistol/BR.
>
> And thats the whole point of having a spawn loadout: stuff that’s good enough to get by with, but you’ll always be looking out to trade up for better weapons. The BR was never something you wanted to trade out.

If I remember correctly, I never encountered any issue with movement restriction in the beta when we got BR starts. if anything it sped up the matches