Why exactly is BTB becoming social?

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.</mark>

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

1. Ranked BTB in Halo 5 has been the most fun I’ve had with a video game since Halo 3. I don’t know why you would want to remove the competitiveness.
  2. If anyone should want ranked BTB it should be the “casual” crowd. For the last 3 Halos (MCC, H4, Reach) my team and I have rolled with parties of 8 pretty much every night and won about 95% of our games. With the majority of those games being complete blowouts. This isn’t fun for us and its not fun for the casual players we are embarrassing…In the month or so that halo 5 ranked BTB has been around, I have played more competitive BTB games than the past 4 years combined…
  3. Please 343, if you do anything, just add a social BTB playlist and leave the Ranked BTB in the game. Its the best playlist Halo has had in over 5 years.

Because Arena already has everything else. Hell, even Warzone has caught the competitive cold.

It may be competitive for you, but most people only play in teams of 4, so for 90% of people it is a casual playlist already. BTB has always been casual.

> 2535413364534857;3:
> It may be competitive for you, but most people only play in teams of 4, so for 90% of people it is a casual playlist already. BTB has always been casual.

BTB has been ranked several times.

What makes it casual? It has a scoreboard. I’m trying to dominate no matter what playlist I’m in.

> 2533274978553590;2:
> Because Arena already has everything else. Hell, even Warzone has caught the competitive cold.

Thats a bad thing how? Why is trying to win bad?

Cause it sucks playing tryhards like you when I’m just chilling by myself.

> 2533274886694152;6:
> Cause it sucks playing tryhards like you when I’m just chilling by myself.

Sorry for trying to win?

Like I said, having it social won’t change that. It’ll just make the majority of games very uneven.

> 2535413364534857;3:
> It may be competitive for you, but most people only play in teams of 4, so for 90% of people it is a casual playlist already. BTB has always been casual.

I mostly just solo. I hate btb in 5 I can’t wait for it to b social. It’s interesting how so many people play differently.

So that we can have JIP back and not games that become lopsided two minutes in because everyone quits in the game. And you know, it’s 8 v 8 and the people that play that competitively is a very small minority.

> 2533274886694152;6:
> Cause it sucks playing tryhards like you when I’m just chilling by myself.

Exactly, Not many game modes in Halo 5 can be fun to play by yourself

> 2533274883849234;9:
> So that we can have JIP back and not games that become lopsided two minutes in because everyone quits in the game. And you know, it’s 8 v 8 and the people that play that competitively is a very small minority.

Halo 4 BTB has JIP. My team still made people quit out in 9/10 of our games. People quit…

> 2533274871929668;10:
> > 2533274886694152;6:
> > Cause it sucks playing tryhards like you when I’m just chilling by myself.
>
>
> Exactly, Not many game modes in Halo 5 can be fun to play by yourself

And thats fine. I understand. But its not going to solve any problems. Its just gonna make social players get beat even worse…

ranked BTB without JIP was so awful for us solo players, totally unplayable

> 2535414412984229;4:
> > 2535413364534857;3:
> > It may be competitive for you, but most people only play in teams of 4, so for 90% of people it is a casual playlist already. BTB has always been casual.
>
>
> BTB has been ranked several times.
>
> What makes it casual? It has a scoreboard. I’m trying to dominate no matter what playlist I’m in.

i love people like you, RANKED VS SOCIAL. isn’t just about winning vs losing. it is about the overall feel of the match! in ranked you FEEL like you HAVE to be on your A game at all times and when your team isn’t performing as well as you because YOUR rank is on the line this leads to NOT HAVING FUN. doesn’t help that you are locked in that match with bad teamates or else you get banned. in social, yes people still tend to play to win and want to win… but you have more of a choice on how much you want to try, you tend to not care about how bad your teammates are as much. and you have the freedom to leave if you are truly getting stomped the heck out!. it is just overall a more CHILL and Fun experience to deal with… yes ranked and social are basically the same… but that doesn’t mean they don’t have different mindsets and feelings when going into a match… THAT IS WHY THERE IS AN OUTCRY FOR SOCIAL

I like the idea of it being social. Never really feels like it’s ACTUALLY ranked because so many people quit out to preserve a stat that other players need to actively search for.

> 2533274907732220;13:
> ranked BTB without JIP was so awful for us solo players, totally unplayable

Playing social BTB by yourself is just as unplayable, even worse IMO.

> 2533274827519891;14:
> > 2535414412984229;4:
> > > 2535413364534857;3:
> > > It may be competitive for you, but most people only play in teams of 4, so for 90% of people it is a casual playlist already. BTB has always been casual.
> >
> >
> > BTB has been ranked several times.
> >
> > What makes it casual? It has a scoreboard. I’m trying to dominate no matter what playlist I’m in.
>
>
> i love people like you, RANKED VS SOCIAL. isn’t just about winning vs losing. it is about the overall feel of the match! in ranked you FEEL like you HAVE to be on your A game at all times and when your team isn’t performing as well as you because YOUR rank is on the line this leads to NOT HAVING FUN. doesn’t help that you are locked in that match with bad teamates or else you get banned. in social, yes people still tend to play to win and want to win… but you have more of a choice on how much you want to try, you tend to not care about how bad your teammates are as much. and you have the freedom to leave if you are truly getting stomped the heck out!. it is just overall a more CHILL and Fun experience to deal with… yes ranked and social are basically the same… but that doesn’t mean they don’t have different mindsets and feelings when going into a match… THAT IS WHY THERE IS AN OUTCRY FOR SOCIAL

Except, I feel like I have to bring my A game no matter what playlist it is. If there is a scoreboard, I’m going to play my hardest to win…There is no different mindset.

I already see people complaining about getting spawn killed by a full team or they’re sick of matching full teams of 8. The only good thing about making it Social you will be able to find a game in it versus trying to have a lobby full of champions just sitting in the searching screen forever. Even though they could have just tweaked how the ranks worked in BTB instead of completely removing it.

It’s a competitive game - the question is whether or not you play for status/rank or just for fun. In either case, it’s more fun to play against people with a similar skill level.

People who get participation trophies don’t like competitive playlists.