Why exactly is 343 redoing CEAs soundtrack and weapon sounds?

Title for reference.

Meh, because they can.
It’s the “out with the old, in with the new” kind of thing. They’re doing it to differentiate between CE and CEA.

In 2001 there weren’t as good sound systems as there are nowadays, Bungie also didn’t have as much resources back then to have a proper orchestra. Now they are making the soundtrack compatible with modern surround sound systems and with a real orchestra. Same applies to weapon sounds too, they can get so much more out of the sounds.

> In 2001 there weren’t as good sound systems as there are nowadays, Bungie also didn’t have as much resources back then to have a proper orchestra. Now they are making the soundtrack compatible with modern surround sound systems and with a real orchestra. Same applies to weapon sounds too, they can get so much more out of the sounds.

I see, I guess its good that their improving the soundtrack but I will miss the sound of the pistol.

> > In 2001 there weren’t as good sound systems as there are nowadays, Bungie also didn’t have as much resources back then to have a proper orchestra. Now they are making the soundtrack compatible with modern surround sound systems and with a real orchestra. Same applies to weapon sounds too, they can get so much more out of the sounds.
>
> I see, I guess its good that their improving the soundtrack but I will miss the sound of the pistol.

don’t worry, the Pistol will sound exactly the same.

> > > In 2001 there weren’t as good sound systems as there are nowadays, Bungie also didn’t have as much resources back then to have a proper orchestra. Now they are making the soundtrack compatible with modern surround sound systems and with a real orchestra. Same applies to weapon sounds too, they can get so much more out of the sounds.
> >
> > I see, I guess its good that their improving the soundtrack but I will miss the sound of the pistol.
>
> don’t worry, the Pistol will sound exactly the same.

I’m afraid not, if you listen closely when the pistol is being fired in the Halo Anniversary Vidoc you will notice that it sounds just like the Reach pistol.

> > > > In 2001 there weren’t as good sound systems as there are nowadays, Bungie also didn’t have as much resources back then to have a proper orchestra. Now they are making the soundtrack compatible with modern surround sound systems and with a real orchestra. Same applies to weapon sounds too, they can get so much more out of the sounds.
> > >
> > > I see, I guess its good that their improving the soundtrack but I will miss the sound of the pistol.
> >
> > don’t worry, the Pistol will sound exactly the same.
>
> I’m afraid not, if you listen closely when the pistol is being fired in the Halo Anniversary Vidoc you will notice that it sounds just like the Reach pistol.

Maybe that wa just placeholder.

> > > > In 2001 there weren’t as good sound systems as there are nowadays, Bungie also didn’t have as much resources back then to have a proper orchestra. Now they are making the soundtrack compatible with modern surround sound systems and with a real orchestra. Same applies to weapon sounds too, they can get so much more out of the sounds.
> > >
> > > I see, I guess its good that their improving the soundtrack but I will miss the sound of the pistol.
> >
> > don’t worry, the Pistol will sound exactly the same.
>
> I’m afraid not, if you listen closely when the pistol is being fired in the Halo Anniversary Vidoc you will notice that it sounds just like the Reach pistol.

Are you kidding me? They sound exactly the same, except Reach’s sound is more clear and definite.

I don’t know. Maybe to make it sound better, perhaps. But there are people who prefer the old Assault Rifle sounds and the old Banshee sounds, so 343i might not want to change too much.

For example, I personally prefer the old Banshee sounds. The ones that actually made the thing sound fearsome, that you could hear in the distance and think “oh, -Yoink-”.

Halo CE had the Banshee sounds PERFECT.

Banshees were called Banshees BECAUSE you could distinctly hear the whistling they made while flying through the air… And that unfortunately disappeared.

But alot of sounds were very very outdated. Halo CE’s Plasma Rifle and Plasma Pistol had the same audio clip, wasnt till Halo 2 that they gave the Plasma Rifle the more pangy sound it has now.

> > > > > In 2001 there weren’t as good sound systems as there are nowadays, Bungie also didn’t have as much resources back then to have a proper orchestra. Now they are making the soundtrack compatible with modern surround sound systems and with a real orchestra. Same applies to weapon sounds too, they can get so much more out of the sounds.
> > > >
> > > > I see, I guess its good that their improving the soundtrack but I will miss the sound of the pistol.
> > >
> > > don’t worry, the Pistol will sound exactly the same.
> >
> > I’m afraid not, if you listen closely when the pistol is being fired in the Halo Anniversary Vidoc you will notice that it sounds just like the Reach pistol.
>
> Maybe that wa just placeholder.

I sure hope it was a place holder, and I too also hope that the AR and Banshee sound the same.

> I sure hope it was a place holder, and I too also hope that the AR and Banshee sound the same.

All the sounds in the Halo Anniversary trailer and preview vid were placeholder.