why exactly aren't the elites royally pissed?

No really…Can they not understand the Didact’s words? He calls them Beasts and Primitives and talks to the chief and humanity in general as equals or at least respectfully (especially toward the end with the chief).

Yet in the latest Spartan ops Jul still calls himself the Hand of the Didact and the other Elite officer speak of the Didact like a god who is on their side as opposed to just using them

I understand religion but -Yoink-…

They’re religious fanatics. Do you honestly expect sound logic from them?

> They’re religious fanatics. Do you honestly expect sound logic from them?

no but I expect them to realize when their god calls them primitive animals

They believe he is their God, he is greater than them in every way. Why would they stand against him? They want to prove that they aren’t what he says and that they are greater than Humans by helping distinguish them.

Jul isn’t truely religious.

Jul wants to get revenge on humanity, that is all he cares about. His religion is a false front to gather support.

His troops are also ignorant conscripts from a planet that hadn’t heard of what was happening in the galaxy.

> They’re religious fanatics. Do you honestly expect sound logic from them?

Lulz.

Also, I don’t think the covenant ever heard the Didact refer to them as primitives, there were no covenant around when the masterchief was speaking to the didact.

> > They’re religious fanatics. Do you honestly expect sound logic from them?
>
> no but I expect them to realize when their god calls them primitive animals

> Do you honestly expect sound logic from them?