Why everyone is saying “Halo 5 is a bad Halo game”

I would like to talk about the good and the bad in halo 5. Yes Halo 5 is a very good game, but is it a good Halo game? No. Now before you rush out and start angrily typing: “HALO 5 IS THE BEST HALO OF ALL TIME!!! HOW CAN YOU NOT LIKE IT?” please listen to what I’m about to say. Halo 5 has an incredible multiplayer experience, I’m not a big fan of the new abilities, but they work. Halo 5 was made to accommodate the new abilities and the maps work flawlessly with them. I’m not here to criticize the new mechanics, but something that is making the halo 5 player population drop off the face of the earth. That is…. the lack of content. Halo 5 is missing core features that players are angry about. Here are some things that MUST be addressed.

Campaign
Ok, we all know the campaign story and narrative were not good. My question is: “Why is everyone only criticizing the campaign?” The campaign is never going to change, ok. It is what it is. We as a community need to get 343’s attention on other things. I’m not saying to not criticize it, but to worry about other features as well.

Machinima
I am a huge machinima fan. I love watching what amazing content the community can make with these games. The problem I have now is: “How is the community going to make good machinimas if these problems continue?” Why are there no playable elites in Halo 5? Think about it before you answer: “It doesn’t really matter to me, I never play as an elite.” Tough -Yoink-, other people like this feature and it is useful for many reasons. All 343 has to do is copy and paste the player model into a piece of armor you can select. “It’s unfair in multiplayer.” You may say. Then only put it in custom games.
Weapon lowering isn’t even possible anymore. Ya, it works in first person, but the only place that it matters is in third person. Guess what? IT ONLY WORKS IN FIRST PERSON! How is Red vs. Blue going to be possible now? Common 343 this is an easy bug to fix.

Limited Custom Game Options
Ok, why can we not have infinite ammo? Jesus! Why is there no king of the hill, odd ball, assault, one flag ctf, infection, vip, and many other game modes? I know this might be fixed in the December update, but I just don’t know if everything I listed will be implemented.

No firefight
Self-explanatory

Broken weapons
-Yoink!- the grenade spam. Every time I walk into a hall way, thirty grenades come around the corner. The grenades over all, are fricken nuclear. The DMR is basically a semi-automatic sniper rifle with less damage. The sniper rifle has ridiculous auto aim. Balance these weapons 343.

Forge
Ok forge looks pretty awesome. I just think the blocks need better textures.

NO HUMAN FLYING VEHICLE
Self-explanatory

NO SPLITSCREEN

Over all Halo 5 is a good game, but stop trying to make it seem the problems are not as bad as they are. I hope 343 fixes these issues. Thank you for reading.

Naw, H5 is pretty much done.

The community will continue to drop and DLC will continue to be Forged cr-ap.

Halo 5’s Multiplayer Designer.

In regards to the ranked/social split.

> “Not a fan of Ranked/Social split playlists. Whole MP should be “Ranked” aka everyone playing the true way the game is played.”

In regards to Race and other such casual game modes in Halo.

> “Those game modes don’t deserve their own playlists though. Should all be in one “funsies” playlist.”
> “Customs or FFA then if you want to chill out.”
> “All those modes would go into one playlist. They each don’t need their own.”
> “But that would just be a chill playlist with low key gametypes.”

In regards to split-screen.

> “Split screen?”

In regards to infection.

> “Infection can go in the same playlist as those other modes.”

When confronted on GoW3’s Social Playlists.

> “Yup and they stomped out any playlist with a “Ranked” prefix. Players will always gravitate toward the social playlists.”

Best advice to give to you.

People who enjoy the game play halo 5 silently.
People who do not enjoy the game play the forums loudly.

There are many fan who enjoy H5, most of them don’t have time to come here because playing halo 5 is more fun to them.

> 2533274909139271;4:
> Best advice to give to you.
>
> People who enjoy the game play halo 5 silently.
> People who do not enjoy the game play the forums loudly.
>
> There are many fan who enjoy H5, most of them don’t have time to come here because playing halo 5 is more fun to them.

That’s a complete straw man argument. It takes 5 minutes out of a persons day to come on here and talk about the game. Don’t tell me that people don’t have time to come on here because they are too “busy” playing Halo 5.

There are probably just as many people who have legitimate complaints with the game that don’t come on here and complain, as the ones who like the game and don’t come on here to praise it. It has nothing to do with not having the time. The truth is that these forums encompass a very small amount of the people who play the game. Assuming that the majority of the people that don’t come on here are in fact liking the game is ridiculous.

> 2533274909139271;4:
> Best advice to give to you.
>
> People who enjoy the game play halo 5 silently.
> People who do not enjoy the game play the forums loudly.
>
> There are many fan who enjoy H5, most of them don’t have time to come here because playing halo 5 is more fun to them.

And they’d rather not get attacked by mouth-breathers who don’t like it.

As a new /terribad multiplayer, and a casual campaigner imo, its isnt bad. Thats my opinion however, since I dont worry too much about all the granular complaints regarding multiplayer that everyone one seems to have . If I had one, I guess my one complaint is the inability to mute folks in game, If i wanted to listen to their music or trash talk, I would go hang out in their living room.

> 2533274798121887;3:
> Halo 5’s Multiplayer Designer.
>
> In regards to the ranked/social split.
>
>
> > “Not a fan of Ranked/Social split playlists. Whole MP should be “Ranked” aka everyone playing the true way the game is played.”
>
>
> In regards to Race and other such casual game modes in Halo.
>
>
> > “Those game modes don’t deserve their own playlists though. Should all be in one “funsies” playlist.”
> > “Customs or FFA then if you want to chill out.”
> > “All those modes would go into one playlist. They each don’t need their own.”
> > “But that would just be a chill playlist with low key gametypes.”
>
>
> In regards to split-screen.
>
>
> > “Split screen?”
>
>
> In regards to infection.
>
>
> > “Infection can go in the same playlist as those other modes.”
>
>
> When confronted on GoW3’s Social Playlists.
>
>
> > “Yup and they stomped out any playlist with a “Ranked” prefix. Players will always gravitate toward the social playlists.”

I personally hope this said person leaves, he has the LARGEST flipping ego i have ever seen in a developer. Dont get me wrong I like certain decisions but his overall visions is kinda crappy.

> 2533274873332163;7:
> As a new /terribad multiplayer, and a casual campaigner imo, its isnt bad. Thats my opinion however, since I dont worry too much about all the granular complaints regarding multiplayer that everyone one seems to have . If I had one, I guess my one complaint is the inability to mute folks in game, If i wanted to listen to their music or trash talk, I would go hang out in their living room.

you can mute them, hit the select button in a much and go to their name to mute.

> 2533275056700157;1:
> Campaign
> Ok, we all know the campaign story and narrative were not good.

This is purely your opinion. You made a declaration without any support because you wrongly assume that everyone agrees with you. I don’t agree with you. I really enjoyed the campaign and the story. If you are going to say it is bad at least explain why.
One thing that you have to keep in mind is that this is the middle game of a trilogy. The middle story of a trilogy rarely finishes with a resolution to the conflict.

> 2533275056700157;1:
> Machinima
> I am a huge machinima fan. I love watching what amazing content the community can make with these games. The problem I have now is: “How is the community going to make good machinimas if these problems continue?” Why are there no playable elites in Halo 5? Think about it before you answer: “It doesn’t really matter to me, I never play as an elite.” Tough -Yoink-, other people like this feature and it is useful for many reasons. All 343 has to do is copy and paste the player model into a piece of armor you can select. “It’s unfair in multiplayer.” You may say. Then only put it in custom games.
> Weapon lowering isn’t even possible anymore. Ya, it works in first person, but the only place that it matters is in third person. Guess what? IT ONLY WORKS IN FIRST PERSON! How is Red vs. Blue going to be possible now? Common 343 this is an easy bug to fix.

I am not a machinima fan so I can’t really argue one way or the other.

> 2533275056700157;1:
> Limited Custom Game Options
> Ok, why can we not have infinite ammo? Jesus! Why is there no king of the hill, odd ball, assault, one flag ctf, infection, vip, and many other game modes? I know this might be fixed in the December update, but I just don’t know if everything I listed will be implemented.

I agree with you here. The game should not have launched without these game modes available for custom games. My hope is that they will come with forge.

> 2533275056700157;1:
> No firefight
> Self-explanatory

I don’t think Halo needs Firefight to survive. It wasn’t introduced until ODST, which is the most forgetable game of the franchise in my opinion. Not all game modes will or should be carried over from one game to the next. I thought that the best game mode in Halo: Reach was invation. That didn’t carry over to any subsequent titles either. I’m okay with that as long as 343i takes the time to provide something new and unique. They did that with Warzone. While I am not a big fan, people seem to be enjoying it.

> 2533275056700157;1:
> Broken weapons
> -Yoink!- the grenade spam. Every time I walk into a hall way, thirty grenades come around the corner. The grenades over all, are fricken nuclear. The DMR is basically a semi-automatic sniper rifle with less damage. The sniper rifle has ridiculous auto aim. Balance these weapons 343.

I completely disagree. Want to avoid the grenade spam? Don’t camp in the hallways. Run through them when you need to. But, do not stay in them. Sometimes that grenade spam comes from your own team. Try to avoid playing with people that blindly throw grenades.
The weapon balance is the best that I have seen in the Halo games. Every weapon can be used effectively within a given range. Every game prior to this had the same story(outside of Halo 4 because of the loadouts). Everyone would complain that the starting weapons were terrible until Bungie would swap out the starting weapons for a BR. From there on out every game became a BR fest (quite boring in my opinion). Halo 5 has balance and variety.

> 2533275056700157;1:
> Forge
> Ok forge looks pretty awesome. I just think the blocks need better textures.

Agreed. I hope they upgrade the textures with the release of forge.

> 2533275056700157;1:
> NO HUMAN FLYING VEHICLE
> Self-explanatory

Was there a human flying vehicle outside of Reach? I don’t want them to add in a human flying vehicle just to check a box. Put it in if it makes sense. Perhaps it would make sense in Warzone, perhaps not. I just don’t think it is necessary to have a human flying vehicle in the game.

> 2533275056700157;1:
> NO SPLITSCREEN

This was my biggest gripe. I would like to see them find a solution for this so that I can play with my son (without buying another Xbox). However, this seems to be the trend more and more. Destiny didn’t have split screen either.
I personally love the evolution of the game with the new abilities and the vertical design of the maps to accomodate them. I love the platforming aspect of traversing the maps. The movement seems more inline with what the movement of a an augmented super soldier should be. The gameplay finally matches the narrative.

> 2533274840624875;9:
> > 2533274873332163;7:
> > As a new /terribad multiplayer, and a casual campaigner imo, its isnt bad. Thats my opinion however, since I dont worry too much about all the granular complaints regarding multiplayer that everyone one seems to have . If I had one, I guess my one complaint is the inability to mute folks in game, If i wanted to listen to their music or trash talk, I would go hang out in their living room.
>
>
> you can mute them, hit the select button in a much and go to their name to mute.

Awesome, thanks! I will give that a shot !

Halo is slowly dying if I must be honest…