Why everyone hates the competetive community

I see so many people on here who play halo 4 fun, most of them probably quite good. Makes my blood boil when people are like “1v1 me scrub lolz” or “no 50 noob”. Halo 3’s ranking system is horribly floored and for that reason I don’t have a 50.

Just saying, there’s good players without a 50, and unless you have a 50 in lone wolves you aren’t as great as you make yourself out to be anyway. I’m sure these people are just a small part of the competitive community though, but just because I don’t have a 50, doesn’t mean I’m not good at Halo.

I dont know what it is, low self esteem, dominance over the weaker, not enough hugs from their parents, hard to say.

I dont know about you, but i am a casual and i WANT to win.

> I dont know what it is, low self esteem, dominance over the weaker, not enough hugs from their parents, hard to say.
>
> I dont know about you, but i am a casual and i WANT to win.

Hit the nail on the head I think man, just because I don’t spend my life trying to achieve a pointless pixel doesn’t mean I’m a ‘scrub’ or a ‘bk’.

I don’t even know what the difference is between competative players and “normal” players. I play it for fun but also to win, respect everybodys opinion but also hate those 1v1, 9000k/d kids.

> I dont know what it is, low self esteem, dominance over the weaker, not enough hugs from their parents, hard to say.
>
> I dont know about you, but i am a casual and i WANT to win.

Technically you wouldn’t be a casual but I’m not gonna get in to that.

OP: I 100 percent agree. Just because we don’t have a 50 like the other 90% of the population doesn’t mean we aren’t good or shouldn’t be on these forums with an opinion

> > I dont know what it is, low self esteem, dominance over the weaker, not enough hugs from their parents, hard to say.
> >
> > I dont know about you, but i am a casual and i WANT to win.
>
> Hit the nail on the head I think man, just because I don’t spend my life trying to achieve a pointless pixel doesn’t mean I’m a ‘scrub’ or a ‘bk’.

What’s a bk?

Not everyone does that. They’re just the ones you notice because of how annoying it is. Most competitive players are quite easy to get along with.

we dont hate the competetive.

We hate the over-the-top whining loudmouths who do nothing but complain because there isnt a pixel next to their name.

Halo 2’s ranking system was much better. It felt like it was only 1-30, not 50. There was also a pretty big difference between each number. A 20 in Halo 2 is like a 30 in Halo 3 and a 25 in Halo 2 is like a 40 in Halo 3. Anything over 30 in Halo 2 was pretty rare.

> > > I dont know what it is, low self esteem, dominance over the weaker, not enough hugs from their parents, hard to say.
> > >
> > > I dont know about you, but i am a casual and i WANT to win.
> >
> > Hit the nail on the head I think man, just because I don’t spend my life trying to achieve a pointless pixel doesn’t mean I’m a ‘scrub’ or a ‘bk’.
>
> What’s a bk?

Bad kid, it was used a lot in the halo 3 days, not so much in reach

I remember in Halo 3, I’d always get matched up with trash talking -yoinks- who’d always say “Haha, Redsh*tJ29, you’re a -Yoink-, I’ll totally kick your -Yoink-.”

The social slayer begins and I end up carrying my team and winning.

“Wow, this -Yoink- got lucky. 1v1 me -Yoink-!”

1v1 match comes, and I totally hand his -Yoink- to him.

So you see, I think competitive players are -yoinks- that, just because they have an MLG emblem with several xXxxXx’s throughout their names and wasted 20 bucks on a name change to have their -Yoink- clan team’s acronym in their gamertag, they’re better than everyone else.

Well I got news for those -yoinks-: you’re not better than me or anyone else who plays Halo - YOU’RE NOTHING.

> Not everyone does that. They’re just the ones you notice because of how annoying it is. Most competitive players are quite easy to get along with.

Like I said in the op, I’m sure it’s a small minority, just really annoying.

I don’t know really, probably got spawn killed and then called bad kids and some swears and now they probably hold a grudge towards the competitive community lol.

I don’t hate the competative community.

I hate the whiny trolls who claim to represent the competative community.

BIG difference.

> I don’t know really, probably got spawn killed and then called bad kids and some swears and now they probably hold a grudge towards the competitive community lol.

If I get truly beaten, I will accept it, fair play. Being spawn killed is hardly showing someones true skill.

> > I dont know what it is, low self esteem, dominance over the weaker, not enough hugs from their parents, hard to say.
> >
> > I dont know about you, but i am a casual and i WANT to win.
>
> Technically you wouldn’t be a casual but I’m not gonna get in to that.
>
> OP: I 100 percent agree. Just because we don’t have a 50 like the other 90% of the population doesn’t mean we aren’t good or shouldn’t be on these forums with an opinion

No, i understand, i play and enjoy campaign and firefight, soon to be spops, just as much as MP. I dont care if i do bad in some games, i dont get crazy when i lose, like blaming teammates, or accuse others of cheating, simply because they were better. I do find it unfair to lump all competitive players as bad people, and like anything in this world we are all entitled to an opinion, right, wrong, or indifferent, and sometimes we have to deal with others who are vocal and have a hard time expressing themselves for whatever reason.

Wanting to win doesnt necessarily make me competitive, does it?

Maybe I have worded the thread title wrong, all the people who play pro on the mlg circuit seem like nice dudes, it’s just the people who aim to be them and the ones who -Yoink- on ‘casuals’ because they don’t have a 50.

Have you seen some of the threads created on here? I have valid reasons why I dislike the competitive community on these forums. These forums are going to become The Reach forum 2.0 from Bnet on launch day.

people hate the competitive community for the false stigma around them of being “-Yoinks!-” when they’re not, the majority aren’t. there its the minority who are the -Yoinks!- but they come in all shapes and forms, competitive, casual, female, male, you name it they come in that form, these people are generally called trolls.

so please, stop confusing trolls with the competitive community, the competitive community are a smarter more respectable bunch.

The Halo 3 ranking system was fair.

I have a K/D of around .6 in Reach and in Halo 3. In Halo 3 my high skill is a six through over 9000 games. I am not a good halo player and my rank reflects that. With the exception of boosters the rank in Halo 3 is accurate to the skill level of the player… You just have to accept the fact that there are players who happen to be more talented at Halo than you are if you have a lower rank.

This does not make you a lesser person or diminish the validity of anything you have to say, all it does is create a metric to differentiate you from the rest of the Halo population.