Why Don't You like COD

It seems people on this forum are saying Halo 4 is going to be bad because it has perks and perks are in COD which is why COD is bad.

I was thinking about what I didn’t like about COD and why.
I realized I never had a problem with the perk/class leveling system I only had problems with the game play.

So I’ll start it off by saying I don’t like COD anymore (I did like MF1 and 2) because it took the fun out of getting a few kills. A few bullets from any gun could kill and with the snap to auto-aiming you never felt good from just one kill. I found the game to easy, I could kill people across a map with the Scorpion (an smg) in BO. People even started spin sniping and randomly throwing knifes just to make kills feel better. I love Halo because you have to sink multiple shots faster and more accurately than your opponent while dodging, rather than a who shoots who first game play. I think BF3 got this concept. The guns have so much kick and realistic ammo clips that you feel good when you get a kill, like it is an accomplishment in itself. The same can be said for the vehicles, especially the jet and heli.

So those of you who have beef with the perk system in fps’s, are the perks why you don’t like them or just the underlying game play.

Problems with CoD:

1. Unbalanced guns
  2. Quickscoping
  3. More bugs, glitches, and hacks than a retail game should be allowed to have.
  4. Lag, lag, oh wait more lag
  5. Hit detection is embarrassing and almost non-existent.
  6. Seems like you can’t go into a match without little kids who think they are cool or young adults who constantly harass someone.
  7. Not a team based/ skillful game.

fanboy rivalry

Cod sucks because it has no variety. They get some new guns and slap a sort of new campaign on the front and sell it as a “new game” when there’s barely any variation. They release them every year so you know they are only in it for the money. Cod takes from other games and just slaps their face on it. (you could make the argument that every console fps copies halo:ce) cod has no flavor. Halo 4 will be nothing like cod. Those that say it will haven’t played the game yet and are trolling for attention.

I have no issue with CoD nor Halo 4.

ITS THE SAME DAMN GAME EVERY YEAR!!!

I actually like cod.

It’s underrated compared to salmon, or trout.

> Cod sucks because it has no variety. They get some new guns and slap a sort of new campaign on the front and sell it as a “new game” when there’s barely any variation. They release them every year so you know they are only in it for the money. Cod takes from other games and just slaps their face on it. (you could make the argument that every console fps copies halo:ce) cod has no flavor. Halo 4 will be nothing like cod. Those that say it will haven’t played the game yet and are trolling for attention.

Every gaming company is it for the money…

> I have no issue with CoD nor Halo 4.

Good for you, I should just say that I prefer Halo to COD because of what I mentioned before. All in all I don’t think perks are the factor that changes Halo into COD in anyway.

> ITS THE SAME DAMN GAME EVERY YEAR!!!

It’s like I’m playing a game from 2007…

Strange, I love COD, MW1 and 2 I adored, especially 2. I played the hell out of that game. MW3 was great, but alas at that point it was more of the same, and though I enjoyed it, Reach and BF3 took my attention.

Now, with Halo 4 and BO2 coming out, my bank balance will be severely stifled by the purchase of both of these AAA-grade titles. Though, of course, naturally H4 is going to be my chosen game of geek-tastic excitement :smiley:

The reason I don’t like CoD is because it’s not balanced enough.

> > ITS THE SAME DAMN GAME EVERY YEAR!!!
>
> It’s like I’m playing a game from 2007…

Funny how some people were asking for Halo 4 to be Halo 3.5… which also came out in 2007.

I’m just going to simply put it like this. I don’t hate CoD or it’s mechanics, heck if it makes Halo 4 even more fun and addicting I welcome it. What I do hate is the HORRIBLE community that the game houses. They nickname unnecessary jumping “Halo Jumping.” But you will see it way more in CoD than Halo. If it wasn’t for the trash that would literally talk smack everytime they went a bit more positive than the other player, the game would probably be fun still.

To start off, I don’t hate the current system in Halo 4.

My reasoning behind my hatred of CoD is not just the systems and mechanics that it uses, or the fact that they are what caused modern FPS to become what it is, but the horrible way they are implemented in CoD and the overall gameplay itself.

It started in CoD 4 (I did actually like that game, It was one of the older CoD games that I actually liked), and the perks were new to CoD and actually rather well implemented with a bit of imbalance. In CoD WAW, killstreaks were implemented, but like the perks, weren’t as bad as later CoD games, and they were decent enough to deal with, the only problem to WAW’s multiplayer was the excess amount of unchecked hacking and modding. MW2 was where I started to draw the line. the perks and killstreaks were so badly implemented that they even had a nuke that caused you to end the game upon activating it. On top of that, the gameplay barely changed at all from MW1. Black Ops was basically a step down from that, aside from the Tactical Nuke. The maps were also pretty bad too. MW3 was another major step down for me on the CoD franchise, for it had pretty much the same gameplay and graphics from both MW1 and MW2. After that, I decided that the CoD franchise had basically no chance of even attempting to improve itself.

Now we get to Black Ops 2, and the gameplay appears to be improved, but at the same time only appears to have implemented new guns, new perks, new killstreaks, and a new campaign over the already stale and crumbling gameplay. The only really new addition was the implementation of spectator mode.

Halo is good because it doesn’t try to repeat itself with a few very minor tweaks and actually adds new stuff each installment. The new stuff Halo has gained per installment is, for the most part, balanced and brought to a competitive standpoint, aside from many changes to Reach. For the most part, Halo is new and exciting and has the chance to be the best it can be, while CoD has basically has no chance of changing, being or feeling new, or creating excitement to play or come back to. Even if you hate Reach with a passion (I don’t but I diddn’t like it as well as the trilogy games), you have to admit that Reach has to be a step up from playing the former.

I don’t hate COD. I actually find split screen to be quite fun.

I just love Halo a lot more. The thing is, they’re both good in their own respective ways. We don’t want them getting mixed up, when we can have the best of both worlds in each one.

> It seems people on this forum are saying Halo 4 is going to be bad because it has perks and perks are in COD which is why COD is bad.
>
> I was thinking about what I didn’t like about COD and why.
> I realized I never had a problem with the perk/class leveling system I only had problems with the game play.
>
> So I’ll start it off by saying I don’t like COD anymore (I did like MF1 and 2) because it took the fun out of getting a few kills. A few bullets from any gun could kill and with the snap to auto-aiming you never felt good from just one kill. I found the game to easy, I could kill people across a map with the Scorpion (an smg) in BO. People even started spin sniping and randomly throwing knifes just to make kills feel better. I love Halo because you have to sink multiple shots faster and more accurately than your opponent while dodging, rather than a who shoots who first game play. I think BF3 got this concept. The guns have so much kick and realistic ammo clips that you feel good when you get a kill, like it is an accomplishment in itself. The same can be said for the vehicles, especially the jet and heli.
>
> So those of you who have beef with the perk system in fps’s, are the perks why you don’t like them or just the underlying game play.

Do we really need a reason for not liking COD? Seriously now…

I like CoD, some things bug me like grenade launchers, shotguns and other such bothers. I love Halo as well. It’s not that the features themselves are the problem. I love each game because they are so different. I’m not so happy about how the Halo is becoming more similar to CoD. I’d prefer Halo stick to it’s roots.

> > I have no issue with CoD nor Halo 4.
>
> Good for you, I should just say that I prefer Halo to COD because of what I mentioned before. All in all I don’t think perks are the factor that changes Halo into COD in anyway.

I prefer Halo as well and I do not believe Halo 4 is turning into CoD.

On the contrary, my dislike for COD was fueled by the company that made it.

I played and enjoyed my first Call of Duty game, then the next one came along. Was the same thing with a new title. Then the next one came. Same thing again. At that point it was clear that they weren’t trying to innovate or do anything new and interesting at all.

All Black Ops had going for it was Zombies. The story sucked, the multiplayer was once again the same and the theater mode was an incredibly trashy attempt at what Halo 3 had achieved.

Modern Warfare 3 comes along and this time I’m a little smarter, I rent it seeing as I don’t have to pay for it at all that way. Same stupidly insulting story and the multiplayer was at an all time low. Black Ops 2? What can I say, it’s got story mode, zombies and multiplayer. The game itself looks like a cheap reskin of previous games with a bit of sci-fi thrown in. I doubt the fanbase for COD is going to react well to that either. I’ve even heard from a long time fan of the series that Black Ops 2 is the straw that broke the camels back for him.

Each COD game is a carbon copy of the last, accept they always manage to take all the good stuff (what little there is) from the previous installments and make them horrible. Hence why I now have a deep distaste for Call of Duty games. If companies were a little more innovative like Bungie was in the early days then we’d have a lot more great titles and a lot less companies like the COD developers and especially my personal favorite, Electronic Arts.