Why don't you have a seat right over there...

343, Grifball is awesome. After only one day of playing so far, I feel like it could be the best Grifball gametype yet, but seriously, there are some things that I can’t help shake my head at.

1. There is no explosion when you score… Why? The point of Grifball is that Sarge made the ball a bomb so that Grif gets killed over and over, so why is this missing? I really don’t understand the purpose, if it’s to keep people from getting unnecessary deaths, it’s a game where you hit each other with grav hammers. If people really care about their k/d they won’t be playing the game.
    Another thing, maybe people have noticed this, but I was looking in the Carnage Report, and I found something mighty peculiar. I was looking at my scores, and noticed that it isn’t called a score… it’s called a detonation. Did you have the explosion early in development and just take it out? If so, that was a bad idea.

2. Unless we’re playing Sisterball, I don’t think the ball holder should be yellow… Seriously, who at 343 decided to make the ball holder yellow? It’s supposed to be Grif! If it’s just a really bright orange, make it darker, but it looks yellow to me.

3. Auto pickup and sword snatch(or whatever) don’t work all the time. I’ll be playing with normal Grifball settings, not Pro, and when I kill the ball carrier with a sword I don’t get the ball. Sometimes my teammate next to me gets it… what’s the point of making that a main strategy if it doesn’t work?

4. Something I don’t understand, which doesn’t really pertain to Grifball… Why couldn’t you have made the throw mechanic applicable to the flag? It makes sense. I would love to throw the flag like a javelin in CTF!

Do you guys agree? Are there any other changes you think should be made?

I just want a version where everyone has thrusterpacks!

> 4. Something I don’t understand, which doesn’t really pertain to Grifball… Why couldn’t you have made the throw mechanic applicable to the flag? It makes sense. I would love to throw the flag like a javelin in CTF!

Because Grifball is an Oddball variant, and in Oddball, you’re just keeping the ball away from the other team and not trying to run it to a specific point. If it was in CTF, people would just grab the flag and throw it to their base and score, all within a few seconds.

It doesn’t detonate?! I didn’t play it yet, but now I’m disappointed.

Sarge must be pissed. 343i better look out.

The main reason (why no explosion) is because the original Grifball was made out of Assault, and in Halo 4 there isn’t Assault, the closest is Oddball (Ball instead of bomb).

Besides, we have Grifball now.

Good post…I agree

> 343, Grifball is awesome. After only one day of playing so far, I feel like it could be the best Grifball gametype yet, but seriously, there are some things that I can’t help shake my head at.
>
> 1. There is no explosion when you score… Why? The point of Grifball is that Sarge made the ball a bomb so that Grif gets killed over and over, so why is this missing? I really don’t understand the purpose, if it’s to keep people from getting unnecessary deaths, it’s a game where you hit each other with grav hammers. If people really care about their k/d they won’t be playing the game.
> Another thing, maybe people have noticed this, but I was looking in the Carnage Report, and I found something mighty peculiar. I was looking at my scores, and noticed that it isn’t called a score… it’s called a detonation. Did you have the explosion early in development and just take it out? If so, that was a bad idea.
>
> 2. Unless we’re playing Sisterball, I don’t think the ball holder should be yellow… Seriously, who at 343 decided to make the ball holder yellow? It’s supposed to be Grif! If it’s just a really bright orange, make it darker, but it looks yellow to me.
>
> 3. Auto pickup and sword snatch(or whatever) don’t work all the time. I’ll be playing with normal Grifball settings, not Pro, and when I kill the ball carrier with a sword I don’t get the ball. Sometimes my teammate next to me gets it… what’s the point of making that a main strategy if it doesn’t work?

Just another example of 343i “improving” what Bungie did.

> 343, Grifball is awesome. After only one day of playing so far, I feel like it could be the best Grifball gametype yet, but seriously, there are some things that I can’t help shake my head at.
>
> 1. There is no explosion when you score… Why? The point of Grifball is that Sarge made the ball a bomb so that Grif gets killed over and over, so why is this missing? I really don’t understand the purpose, if it’s to keep people from getting unnecessary deaths, it’s a game where you hit each other with grav hammers. If people really care about their k/d they won’t be playing the game.
> Another thing, maybe people have noticed this, but I was looking in the Carnage Report, and I found something mighty peculiar. I was looking at my scores, and noticed that it isn’t called a score… it’s called a detonation. Did you have the explosion early in development and just take it out? If so, that was a bad idea.
>
> 2. Unless we’re playing Sisterball, I don’t think the ball holder should be yellow… Seriously, who at 343 decided to make the ball holder yellow? It’s supposed to be Grif! If it’s just a really bright orange, make it darker, but it looks yellow to me.
>
> 3. Auto pickup and sword snatch(or whatever) don’t work all the time. I’ll be playing with normal Grifball settings, not Pro, and when I kill the ball carrier with a sword I don’t get the ball. Sometimes my teammate next to me gets it… what’s the point of making that a main strategy if it doesn’t work?

Totally agree! The closest thing we get to the explosion is in Pro. I think the carrier dies, but there’s no explosion.

As for the other two, I’ve definitely noticed and they should be changed!

> I just want a version where everyone has thrusterpacks!

Would be cool i did that in customs with my cousins it was a blast but i could see people saying its not Griffball or something.

> The main reason (why no explosion) is because the original Grifball was made out of Assault, and <mark>in Halo 4 there isn’t Assault</mark>, the closest is Oddball (Ball instead of bomb).

This^. A new explosion mechanic on the ball would have to be created. It would be just for this playlist at the moment. For those who didn’t play prior halo’s assault, was a mode where one team would try to take a bomb to a designated arming site which the other team would defend. Upon successfully placing and arming the bomb, it would explode. Griffball is basically just a variant of assault the Bungie tweaked to make it into that sport. Halo 4 has no such exploding ball mechanic at this time, and who knows if it would be realistic or possible for 343 to be able to add this feature in at this point.

> > The main reason (why no explosion) is because the original Grifball was made out of Assault, and <mark>in Halo 4 there isn’t Assault</mark>, the closest is Oddball (Ball instead of bomb).
>
> This^. A new explosion mechanic on the ball would have to be created. It would be just for this playlist at the moment. For those who didn’t play prior halo’s assault, was a mode where one team would try to take a bomb to a designated arming site which the other team would defend. Upon successfully placing and arming the bomb, it would explode. Griffball is basically just a variant of assault the Bungie tweaked to make it into that sport. Halo 4 has no such exploding ball mechanic at this time, and who knows if it would be realistic or possible for 343 to be able to add this feature in at this point.

The point I was kinda making was that they shouldn’t have taken assault out if they were gonna make Grifball such a big gametype. I think if there were some kind of DLC(hopefully free) that is sort of an improvement for Custom Game options, they could make Grifball back into Assault.

> > 4. Something I don’t understand, which doesn’t really pertain to Grifball… Why couldn’t you have made the throw mechanic applicable to the flag? It makes sense. I would love to throw the flag like a javelin in CTF!
>
> Because Grifball is an Oddball variant, and in Oddball, you’re just keeping the ball away from the other team and not trying to run it to a specific point. If it was in CTF, people would just grab the flag and throw it to their base and score, all within a few seconds.

I didn’t mean like a cross map javelin throw, I meant like the distance that you can throw the Oddball, maybe less. That would just be ridiculous if you could throw it to your base.

Have you played with unlimited thruster packs? That would be awesome, but only if the Grifball holder can use it too, it would be sweet.

I’m sorry but I would hate thruster packs in Grifball.

I noticed no explosion but not a big deal.

> snip

I agree with your post. I hope they implement these changes.

1. I remember playing in a Grifball custom game on a custom map and when I scored I anticipated an explosion and sadly I was dissapointed.

2. That had me puzzled as well. What is the deal with the ball holder having Sister’s colors?

3. That has been really been deterring me from playing Grifball at all. Auto pickup inconsistency needs to be fixed.

And @ the topic title: “Why don’t you have a seat right over there” Is that you Chris Hansen?

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Just more and more data proving 343 knows nothing about Halo.

They made a pretty good game, just not one that Halo fans want to play. I have never heard of a dev being SOOOO out of touch with the community. They just dont know what the people want…

Obviously, I mean, Halo is DEAD.

>

Quit your trolling, you’re annoying everyone who has a constructive point.