why don't we get a DVD of Forward onto Dawn?

That is real nice there is going to be a DVD but unfortunate that LE buyers will not get it. I really don’t want Forward Unto Dawn on Wauypoint, I want to be able to play it on my computer, smart phone, etc. Having it on Waypoint seems kind of silly.

You should of just put another disk in the LE having all this stuff amd maybe the extended cut. Having it only on Waypoint is kind of lame.

Atleast give us an HD digital download of the show so we can watch it not on Waypoint.

> Many of you have been asking when Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn is releasing on Blu-Ray and DVD, and we finally have the answer for you: December 4, 2012. With the release of the Blu-Ray and DVD, you will be able to enjoy the entire film uninterrupted, plus the complete collection of bonus footage – including over 60 minutes of exclusive behind-the-scenes featurettes.
> Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn Blu-Ray and DVD offer the Complete Collection of Bonus Features including:
>
>
> • Over 60 minutes of exclusive behind-the-scenes featurettes
> • Storyline vignettes
> • Audio commentary by 343 Industries
> • Audio commentary by Director Stewart Hendler
> • Concept art, visual effects models
> • Easter eggs and more!
>
> The film will be available on Blu-Ray and DVD on December 4, 2012 at an SRP of $28.99 and $22.99 for the DVD. In addition, the film will be available digitally on the same date for rental and purchase.

For what its worth, I am in your corner, TC. I would also like to see a physical copy (DVD) in the LE for Forward Unto Dawn.

What? I thought we got Foward Unto Dawn with it, are you saying it doesn’t come as a disc? Cause thats bad cause I have a monthly internet limit of 5GB to download, so I can’t go watch a movie like that, so this would be bad, please tell me your source of where you heard that its not comming in the box as a disc. Thank you.

> What? I thought we got Foward Unto Dawn with it, are you saying it doesn’t come as a disc? Cause thats bad cause I have a monthly internet limit of 5GB to download, so I can’t go watch a movie like that, so this would be bad, please tell me your source of where you heard that its not comming in the box as a disc. Thank you.

ON the LE it says it will be “playable via Waypoint”.

I hope it ends up on a disk because hosting a video on waypoint is bad and if I want to watch it, I would rather have a DVD of it or a file so I can put it on my devices like my laptop or smartphone.

> > What? I thought we got Foward Unto Dawn with it, are you saying it doesn’t come as a disc? Cause thats bad cause I have a monthly internet limit of 5GB to download, so I can’t go watch a movie like that, so this would be bad, please tell me your source of where you heard that its not comming in the box as a disc. Thank you.
>
> ON the LE it says it will be “playable via Waypoint”.
>
> I hope it ends up on a disk because hosting a video on waypoint is bad and if I want to watch it, I would rather have a DVD of it or a file so I can put it on my devices like my laptop or smartphone.

Yeah, this is why I bought RvB on DVD, cause I didn’t wanna watch it on the internet… sigh well… guess I’ll just play it once and have a video capture card, BWAHAHAHA… still… I want the good quality of a DVD, cause my internet doesn’t “buffer” with waypoint like you can on youtube, it puts it on the lowest possible quality, and plays it, even then, I still gotta let it load… sadface…

Yeah, it’s a silly Waypoint stream, just like the Legendary Edition stuff was for Halo Reach - it’s an insult.

And that they’re now releasing additional DvDs with all these behind the scenes stuff, whilst giving LE and up nothing but a weak stream, is likewise a product of their greed and commitment to milking us dry of coin in the cheapest ways possible.

Halo 4’s Limited Edition is pretty much all measly digital content, where as Reach’s was both cheaper, had a physical, nifty diary as well as other physical items in addition with digital content. But alas.

And then you’ve got games like the Witcher 2 which give you bonus discs of behind the scenes and the OST in the basic price and not some extra-charged for internet streams, but physical discs!

I agree totally.

For one, downloading the series from Waypoint would take a solid chunk out of internet quota for some of us, assuming that it is indeed high definition. Also, Halo LE releases have always come with some sort of bonus content on a disc, and Halo 4 really should continue that, especially since us Australians are paying up to $120 for the LE pre-order.

I guess they’re trying to lessen manufacturing costs or something, but that should not be a problem at all for Microsoft…

My favourite part about this will be the week it’ll take to download.

They’ve done such a great job on the game, why do something as stupid as this?

Edited by Moderator - Please do not post discriminatory comments.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> Halo 4’s Limited Edition is pretty much all measly digital content.

As the Halo -Yoink- I am, Digital content such as avatar items, themes, gamer pics, in-game armor, and other stuff are just a valuable to me as the physical stuff, as I am a collector of all things Halo, but it would have been nice to get a cool item like a Promethean Knight statue or something, but oh well.

> > Halo 4’s Limited Edition is pretty much all measly digital content.

Having a digital copy of Forward Unto Dawn that can only be accessed on Halo Waypoint is a stupid idea.

>

I’d take a Grunt plushie over all that Xbox Live digital crap any day!

> > > Halo 4’s Limited Edition is pretty much all measly digital content.
>
> Having a digital copy of Forward Unto Dawn that can only be accessed on Halo Waypoint is a stupid idea.

Yeah, I agree, thats really not what I meant, I was speaking of the other items to obtain, not a video to stream. I should have that on DVD.

> >
>
> I’d take a Grunt plushie over all that Xbox Live digital crap any day!

Yes, but I chose physical items over the digital aswell, I just don’t shun the digital for not being physical.

The fact that they obviously have a dvd disk which they could have put in is insulting.

But tbh ill just get the blu ray now so at least its a silver lining.

This was the nail in the coffin for me. I canceled my LE pre-order and switched to the standard edition. All the extras I care about are better when purchased separately (Blu-ray of Forward Unto Dawn and War Games map pass with extra helmets).

So they reveal the LE contents and among them is a extended editon of FUD. Sounds great! I can totally understand why they would use this as incentive to get people to pre-order the LE–which is exactly what a lot of us did as soon as the LE was available for pre-order. It wasn’t until like two months later that 343 is all like, “Oh, by the way, that extra special version of FUD is streaming only.” What? Classic bait-and-switch. Couple months later: “Oh, by the way, that extra special version of FUD that you bought the LE for will be available to everyone on DVD and Blu-ray a month after release.”

Now I ask you: How is a streaming special edition cut of FUD that will be released to the general public a month later incentive for me to buy the LE? I don’t mind that people will be able to purchase it later without getting the LE–I just want to hear 343 admit that they were being shadey crooks.

So because I bought the LE if I want a version of the extended cut that I actually own I have to shell out another $20-$30. And no, you can’t own media that is streamed. People who belive you can do so under the assumption that said media will always be on the internet.

Even if it were a download it still wouldn’t be the blatant street hustle 343 is trying to pull off with this streaming bait-and-switch.

> This was the nail in the coffin for me. I canceled my LE pre-order and switched to the standard edition. All the extras I care about are better when purchased separately (Blu-ray of Forward Unto Dawn and War Games map pass with extra helmets).

I did the same thing. W/o a physical copy of FuD I just didn’t see the value in the LE anymore.

> That is real nice there is going to be a DVD but unfortunate that LE buyers will not get it. I really don’t want Forward Unto Dawn on Wauypoint, I want to be able to play it on my computer, smart phone, etc. Having it on Waypoint seems kind of silly.
>
> You should of just put another disk in the LE having all this stuff amd maybe the extended cut. Having it only on Waypoint is kind of lame.
>
> Atleast give us an HD digital download of the show so we can watch it not on Waypoint.
>
>
>
> > Many of you have been asking when Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn is releasing on Blu-Ray and DVD, and we finally have the answer for you: December 4, 2012. With the release of the Blu-Ray and DVD, you will be able to enjoy the entire film uninterrupted, plus the complete collection of bonus footage – including over 60 minutes of exclusive behind-the-scenes featurettes.
> > Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn Blu-Ray and DVD offer the Complete Collection of Bonus Features including:
> >
> >
> > • Over 60 minutes of exclusive behind-the-scenes featurettes
> > • Storyline vignettes
> > • Audio commentary by 343 Industries
> > • Audio commentary by Director Stewart Hendler
> > • Concept art, visual effects models
> > • Easter eggs and more!
> >
> > The film will be available on Blu-Ray and DVD on December 4, 2012 at an SRP of $28.99 and $22.99 for the DVD. In addition, the film will be available digitally on the same date for rental and purchase.

We get FUD in the LE and its a 90 min extended cut with all the dvd extras and more.

I had a feeling this would happen. Well my LE is getting cancelled, seeing as the extended cut is what really made it worth it for me, but having it limited to only one format that can be only viewed from one place was a bad idea. I would be fine with a Zune video D/L but having to view it through waypoint is not worth the money. I bet there will even be Verizon commercials in it.

Heck, I’d be happy even with a download so I don’t have to stream it!!
I’ve got a pretty crappy connection so streaming the thing is going to suck.

> I bet there will even be Verizon commercials in it.

I lol’d.