Why don't they keep playlist?

I personally don’t know much about how these games work, and I’m kinda confused on why they have weekly playlist. Is it possible for them to just leave the playlist open? Like they had multi team, team snipers, team doubles, ext, but they never keep them? Can someone explain to me why?

honestly I don’t know either. It frustrates me because Halo 5 could have so many more playlists! It would give me so much more to do and I wouldn’t get bored!

I assume they think the dedicated servers can’t handle more playlists. If that is the case it shows a lack of preparation and foresight on the part of 343.

> 2533274880633045;3:
> I assume they think the dedicated servers can’t handle more playlists. If that is the case it shows a lack of preparation and foresight on the part of 343.

Tis true.

Is due to a low population.
More playlist = spread out population over multiple playlist. Everybody knows Halo 5’s population is crippled and only the blind deny it. Halo 5 currently sits at 12 on Xbox’s most currently played game (it usually averages 10-15).

Xbox current most played game

Cause they need people playing lots of warzone (for micro transactions) and if 343 has more playlists is less people playing warzone so less money…GG

> 2783251376877086;4:
> > 2533274880633045;3:
> > I assume they think the dedicated servers can’t handle more playlists. If that is the case it shows a lack of preparation and foresight on the part of 343.
>
>
> Tis true.

they also have the MCC playlists too. All of the 4 halo games and spartan ops. Does that count too?

> 2535452061157766;5:
> Is due to a low population.
> More playlist = spread out population over multiple playlist. Everybody knows Halo 5’s population is crippled and only the blind deny it. Halo 5 currently sits at 12 on Xbox’s most currently played game (it usually averages 10-15).
>
> Xbox current most played game

That hurts the population more though…

> 2535409103705542;7:
> > 2783251376877086;4:
> > > 2533274880633045;3:
> > > I assume they think the dedicated servers can’t handle more playlists. If that is the case it shows a lack of preparation and foresight on the part of 343.
> >
> >
> > Tis true.
>
>
> they also have the MCC playlists too. All of the 4 halo games and spartan ops. Does that count too?

If they are running mcc on the same servers they wouldn’t be dedicated to H5. Either that isn’t the case or we’ve been lied to.

> 2535452061157766;5:
> More playlist = spread out population over multiple playlist. Everybody knows Halo 5’s population is crippled and only the blind deny it. Halo 5 currently sits at 12 on Xbox’s most currently played game (it usually averages 10-15).
>

Having a variety of play options should improve population and player retention, not diminish it.

Om a huge fan of halo but I haven’t played as much of 5 as I’d like because my mood was killed mostly because we have no splitscreen and the few game modes at launch. Even after the mode Finnally comes out, um still disappointed because they took so long.

Having little playlist’s has definitely hurt the population in halo 5.

I am glad though that we have an amazing forge team.

> 2535452061157766;5:
>

The best part is that they launched with basically no playlists, presumably for the same reason, leaving people who only play certain modes with no reason to start up the game. So, at launch, no Doubles, Snipers, Doubles, Grifball, Doubles, Infection, Doubles, Multi-team, Doubles, etc. And now they’re worried about splitting the population by adding staple, fan-favorite playlists to the rotation, so they relegate most of them to the stupid weekly rotation. In fact, they are so afraid of adding playlists that they REPLACED Team Arena with the new test playlist, leaving people with no option to play the original game modes in match-making while that is live (brilliant). Meanwhile, Ranked SWAT has a permanent slot. 343’s playlist management makes no sense and they continue to pretend the multiplayer population is huge.

Back in Halo 3’s days the double XP weekends caused huge spikes in players in Halo, the idea is to keep the game a little bit more fresh for players by adding variety.

Well, it’s not working. What they’ve done is piss off a large portion of their fanbase who expected the same quality we’d gotten from Bungie. And fact of the matter is, 343 CAN do it when they put their minds to it, which is the truly irritating bit. Not long after Reach went live 343 took over the operation of the game’s servers and online functionality, and that game stayed alive for years - hell, people still play it. The problem here, though, seems to be that they’re trying too hard to run things their own way, and to make their own “mark” on the series that differentiates “their” era in Halo from Bungie’s… and in their attempts to be something different they seem to be abandoning a lot of ideas that worked out brilliantly along the way. Or it might be that they lost their confidence with the MCC’s launch and don’t want to risk another potential nightmare with their online multiplayer by attempting something ambitious.

So it might be a product of poor planning and foresight, it might be a product of stubborn pride, but whatever the case… it needs to stop. If it’s a case of the former, their experiment has failed and lost them a good chunk of the community already. If it’s the latter… well, they need to find their nerve again. With the way things are the community is going to move on to greener pastures by the time Halo 5’s lifespan is done, with Halo 6 potentially being the final nail in the coffin if they make the same mistakes all over again.