Why dont they do this?

I was wondering… how come the arena style of ranking isnt in every playlist? It wouldnt hurt anything and if anythign would encourage players to play every playlist to see where they are.

Also no one would get rank locked since it resets every 3 months anyway. So can someone enlighten me?

Because the other playlists aren’t made for competetive players. What would be fun about living dead, griffball or action sack if everybody only played to win? Altough I do agree that MLG should have an arena ranking system.

Oh yeah, an Arena rank in Action Sack, Multi-Team, Grifball, Living Dead?

As has already been stated in this thread, there are some playlists that differ from the norm of Halo gameplay. These playlists are of a more silly and laid-back nature, and are often easy. They aren’t very competitive, and they shouldn’t be. An Arena ranking system in these playlists would do nothing but encourage boosting, which would detract from the fun factor of those who are actually trying to play the game. Hell, people already boost these to pad their K/D.

> As has already been stated in this thread, there are some playlists that differ from the norm of Halo gameplay. These playlists are of a more silly and laid-back nature, and are often easy. They aren’t very competitive, and they shouldn’t be. An Arena ranking system in these playlists would do nothing but encourage boosting, which would detract from the fun factor of those who are actually trying to play the game. Hell, people already boost these to pad their K/D.

Please tell me how you can “boost” in arena, this isnt H3 truskill.

They had ranked living dead in H3 and worked fine, same for griffball. I can agree with action sack but that aside i dont see why it couldnt be in every playlist. It doesnt make you HAVE to go for the win, you can just play laidback all the same.

> > As has already been stated in this thread, there are some playlists that differ from the norm of Halo gameplay. These playlists are of a more silly and laid-back nature, and are often easy. They aren’t very competitive, and they shouldn’t be. An Arena ranking system in these playlists would do nothing but encourage boosting, which would detract from the fun factor of those who are actually trying to play the game. Hell, people already boost these to pad their K/D.
>
> Please tell me how you can “boost” in arena, this isnt H3 truskill.
>
> They had ranked living dead in H3 and worked fine, same for griffball. I can agree with action sack but that aside i dont see why it couldnt be in every playlist. It doesnt make you HAVE to go for the win, you can just play laidback all the same.

Halo 3 =/= Halo: Reach

Ranked Living Dead & Ranked Grifball were a joke, the fact you could boot people who betrayed you on Ranked Grifball made me laugh, plus it was a one time only Double EXP thing, about Ranked Living Dead, want to know why it is the most popular playlist? Because casuals with guests who want to enjoy playing Reach play it, they don’t give a damn about Rank or their arena ranking.

If they added rank to it, people would purposely lose, get into the lower divisions and then just have a fun time boosting their medals and K/D’s on less skilled players.

It wouldn’t work.

> > > As has already been stated in this thread, there are some playlists that differ from the norm of Halo gameplay. These playlists are of a more silly and laid-back nature, and are often easy. They aren’t very competitive, and they shouldn’t be. An Arena ranking system in these playlists would do nothing but encourage boosting, which would detract from the fun factor of those who are actually trying to play the game. Hell, people already boost these to pad their K/D.
> >
> > Please tell me how you can “boost” in arena, this isnt H3 truskill.
> >
> > They had ranked living dead in H3 and worked fine, same for griffball. I can agree with action sack but that aside i dont see why it couldnt be in every playlist. It doesnt make you HAVE to go for the win, you can just play laidback all the same.
>
> Halo 3 =/= Halo: Reach
>
> Ranked Living Dead & Ranked Grifball were a joke, the fact you could boot people who betrayed you on Ranked Grifball made me laugh, plus it was a one time only Double EXP thing, about Ranked Living Dead, want to know why it is the most popular playlist? Because casuals with guests who want to enjoy playing Reach play it, they don’t give a damn about Rank or their arena ranking.
>
> If they added rank to it, people would purposely lose, get into the lower divisions and then just have a fun time boosting their medals and K/D’s on less skilled players.
>
> It wouldn’t work.

fair enough I see your point. Then how about every playlist but living dead griff and action sack?

It would work for some playlists, but not for others. Like others have said: LD, Action Sack, and Grifball would not work with that type of ranking system. Some playlists, such as MLG, Squad Slayer, and Team Objective could really use this to make for closer and more competitive matches.

> > > > As has already been stated in this thread, there are some playlists that differ from the norm of Halo gameplay. These playlists are of a more silly and laid-back nature, and are often easy. They aren’t very competitive, and they shouldn’t be. An Arena ranking system in these playlists would do nothing but encourage boosting, which would detract from the fun factor of those who are actually trying to play the game. Hell, people already boost these to pad their K/D.
> > >
> > > Please tell me how you can “boost” in arena, this isnt H3 truskill.
> > >
> > > They had ranked living dead in H3 and worked fine, same for griffball. I can agree with action sack but that aside i dont see why it couldnt be in every playlist. It doesnt make you HAVE to go for the win, you can just play laidback all the same.
> >
> > Halo 3 =/= Halo: Reach
> >
> > Ranked Living Dead & Ranked Grifball were a joke, the fact you could boot people who betrayed you on Ranked Grifball made me laugh, plus it was a one time only Double EXP thing, about Ranked Living Dead, want to know why it is the most popular playlist? Because casuals with guests who want to enjoy playing Reach play it, they don’t give a damn about Rank or their arena ranking.
> >
> > If they added rank to it, people would purposely lose, get into the lower divisions and then just have a fun time boosting their medals and K/D’s on less skilled players.
> >
> > It wouldn’t work.
>
> fair enough I see your point. Then how about every playlist but living dead griff and action sack?

Multi-Team as well, I play that and I am a casual.

Also, Team Slayer? That should not recieve it, nor should Squad Slayer or Premium Slayer

4 Ranked Team Slayer Playlists? No thank you.

Playlists that shouldn’t get it are,

Team Slayer
Squad Slayer
Multi-Team
Grifball
Living Dead
Invasion
Team Classic
Action Sack
Premium Slayer
Premium Battle
Rumble Pit
Big Team Battle
Team Objective

My Reasons?

Team Slayer, Squad Slayer & Premium Battle + Arena = 4 Team Slayer Playlists

Multi-Team - Another playlist for casuals, that’s why team sizes were increased to 3, to fit more guests.
Grifball - Ranked in Halo 3 proved to be a joke, plus it was a one time only
Living Dead - Same as Multi-Team, it’s popular because casuals play it.
Invasion - I don’t know why, but it just wouldn’t suit it to be honest, I once again play it for fun and I will go more in-depth in Team Objective on this.
Team Classic - Right now in it’s current state, it’s population is low, also, I say leave it for now as it may be the only playlist that supports the Remakes when they are released.
Action Sack - Self-Explanatory
Premium Battle & Big Team Battle - BTB Ranked in Halo 3 was removed due to population, the only reason it was popular was due to the Double EXP it offered before they removed it.
Rumble Pit - FFA Arena proved to be unpopular and therefore removed, Rumble Pit would follow in it’s footsteps.

Team Objective

Right, first I will go into depth on Invasion, as we can all guess, 343i will probably not change how Matchmaking works, you will always have a chance of being put into a full party on ANY playlist while searching solo or with a friend, this makes it so people could just spawn trap, or let the enemies move into other locations, forcing the game to last longer and most likely just spawn trap them more, this would result in really unfair Arena Rankings as the other team would not stand a chance, it would turn into a Slayer Playlist more than an Objective.

Anyways, moving on to actualy Team Objective,

We all know how unpopular Objective is at the moment, mainly because you do not get any sort of cR Bonus’ for actually playing the Objective, it’s all based on kills and how long the game lasts for. As I look now, Team Objective has 494 Players, adding an Arena Ranking to that would almost certainly lower it.

Also, if I remember correctly, ranked objective was removed in Halo 3 but Social Skirmish was kept due to the fact people played just for kills to get ‘montage’ clips.

Giving it an Arena Ranking again would almost certainly just lower the population making it a canditate to remove and ruin it for those who actually liked playing it.

Playlists that should get it,

Team SWAT
Team Snipers
Double Team
MLG

Reasons

Team SWAT - Was a big hit in Halo 3, still is probably the most popular in Halo 3 and will be until it’s servers are shut down in the future, right now in Reach, it is very popular due to the fact the DMR’-Yoink!- detection is fantastic and it’s such a good weapon in SWAT, giving you only one chance unlike the Battle Rifle were any of the three bursts you fired had to hit their head and they would die.

Also that Elites are not part of the Playlist anymore, it is much more fair as bullets could go through the neck of the Halo 3 Model for Elites.

Team Snipers - Once again, a big hit in Halo 3, they had forged map variants to prevent spawn killing and it worked great, as of now though, you can get matched up against Inheritors while you are a recruit and have an unfair match with no chance of winning, adding W/L Arena Rankings onto this would make it great fun for both High & Low ranks.

Double Team - Now as we know, Double Team used to be an Arena Exclusive Playlist but was removed and I can tell you now, that was due to the fact it wasn’t changed to have the Arena Settings we have now, if it was to have the Arena W/L Rankings now with the current rule set of The Arena as a whole, it would play pretty well.

MLG - Right, as we can guess, this is in desperate need of Arena’s Rankings, the fact you can go in with a 0.50 K/D and get matched up with someone who has a 3.00 K/D+ because the system is random, makes it an unfair experience.

Arena Divisions would play a perfect 1-50 role in MLG, but of course, asking MLG’s permission first as they are the ones who run that playlist pretty much.

God, to think I just typed all that :open_mouth:

Most of the time, I just wanna play and not have to worry about ranks, so I’m actually quite pleased with the way things are right now.

@MOA

My only counter except the 3 which i agree should be excluded is that if rank was everywhere why would anyone care? I mean dont you think its cool to see where you stand against everyone else? I think it would give the game more replay value since you could get ranks in everything but they would reset so you could see your progression. It would giv eyou something to shoot for and its not liek you would be gettign matched up with Onyx level every game but if you were silver you would be playign other silvers.

As it stands now there isnt a single incentive to win other then the “yay” i won.

> As it stands now there isnt a single incentive to win other then the “yay” i won.

And precisely the reason im starting to play h3 ranked alot recently.

I really miss some sort of optional and long term ranking system.

> @MOA
>
> My only counter except the 3 which i agree should be excluded is that if rank was everywhere why would anyone care? I mean dont you think its cool to see where you stand against everyone else? I think it would give the game more replay value since you could get ranks in everything but they would reset so you could see your progression. It would giv eyou something to shoot for and its not liek you would be gettign matched up with Onyx level every game but if you were silver you would be playign other silvers.
>
> As it stands now there isnt a single incentive to win other then the “yay” i won.

Don’t know if I mentioned it or not but I am a casual so The Arena is no place for me, I try to take other people’s point of views and support them or disagree with them using my own knowledge, the ones I mentioned were pure solo thoughts and were probably wrong compared to the rest of the community.

But the problem if right now with The Arena System, it’s easily boostable or abuseable, if you set your language to a uncommon one, get a team of four against another four of your friends who also have there language on their console changed and they choose Language on a Search Preference, it would be easy to boost to the top 1% Onyx.

If it was implemented into a majority of playlists, it would be more abuseable because 343i are not going to stop you going into a Team Slayer game with 8 people or other playlists.

> > @MOA
> >
> > My only counter except the 3 which i agree should be excluded is that if rank was everywhere why would anyone care? I mean dont you think its cool to see where you stand against everyone else? I think it would give the game more replay value since you could get ranks in everything but they would reset so you could see your progression. It would giv eyou something to shoot for and its not liek you would be gettign matched up with Onyx level every game but if you were silver you would be playign other silvers.
> >
> > As it stands now there isnt a single incentive to win other then the “yay” i won.
>
> Don’t know if I mentioned it or not but I am a casual so The Arena is no place for me, I try to take other people’s point of views and support them or disagree with them using my own knowledge, the ones I mentioned were pure solo thoughts and were probably wrong compared to the rest of the community.
>
> But the problem if right now with The Arena System, it’s easily boostable or abuseable, if you set your language to a uncommon one, get a team of four against another four of your friends who also have there language on their console changed and they choose Language on a Search Preference, it would be easy to boost to the top 1% Onyx.
>
> If it was implemented into a majority of playlists, it would be more abuseable because 343i are not going to stop you going into a Team Slayer game with 8 people or other playlists.

hmm i didnt know that cheat was still doable. Well if it wouldnt be fixed I agree but I thnk it can be fixed. My main issue with your argument is that you can still play socially and still have ranks, you just wont rank high, but if you dont care about winning and just having fun why would a visible rank matter? You know you are not trying and everyone at your level also isnt trying so it wouldnt really affect you.

> > > @MOA
> > >
> > > My only counter except the 3 which i agree should be excluded is that if rank was everywhere why would anyone care? I mean dont you think its cool to see where you stand against everyone else? I think it would give the game more replay value since you could get ranks in everything but they would reset so you could see your progression. It would giv eyou something to shoot for and its not liek you would be gettign matched up with Onyx level every game but if you were silver you would be playign other silvers.
> > >
> > > As it stands now there isnt a single incentive to win other then the “yay” i won.
> >
> > Don’t know if I mentioned it or not but I am a casual so The Arena is no place for me, I try to take other people’s point of views and support them or disagree with them using my own knowledge, the ones I mentioned were pure solo thoughts and were probably wrong compared to the rest of the community.
> >
> > But the problem if right now with The Arena System, it’s easily boostable or abuseable, if you set your language to a uncommon one, get a team of four against another four of your friends who also have there language on their console changed and they choose Language on a Search Preference, it would be easy to boost to the top 1% Onyx.
> >
> > If it was implemented into a majority of playlists, it would be more abuseable because 343i are not going to stop you going into a Team Slayer game with 8 people or other playlists.
>
> hmm i didnt know that cheat was still doable. Well if it wouldnt be fixed I agree but I thnk it can be fixed. My main issue with your argument is that you can still play socially and still have ranks, you just wont rank high, but if you dont care about winning and just having fun why would a visible rank matter? You know you are not trying and everyone at your level also isnt trying so it wouldnt really affect you.

It would annoy me for the pure fact people would think it meant something when it isn’t exactly accurate either due to the fact you can go negative ten in every game and still place in the top 1% of Onyx because your team mates carried you, the whole concept of W/L isn’t appealing to me.

I’m not a competitive guy, so I really have to say no to this Arena ranking idea. I never did play for competition, just for fun, which most of the time is only found in specific playlists (BTB, Action Sack, etc.), Customs, and Firefight.

I’d compete and get my rank in Arena if it showed in more than just the Arena playlist. I otherwise enjoy standard slayer much better than having a good number of weapons and AAs taken out. I love variety. Makes for more enjoyable experiences.