Why don't people go for splatters in Halo 4?

This is by far the easiest Halo (other than CE) to get splatters on so why does it seem that nobody gets them? I realize that in matchmaking that there are stickies and plasma pistols galore but ghosts hogs and mongooses are very powerful for running people the hell over in this game.

you answered your own question

Powerful? They’re weak… against those weapons…

the ability to spawn with plasma grenades is the main reason. A ghost turret is deadly 1v1 and has people dead-to-rights if caught off guard. Why go for a splatter in this case if it risks ending the spree / losing vehicle? Also I think H2 was a bit easier to splatter people overall.

But other than that I’m a splatter fanatic! I got a killtrocity from splatters before.

1v1 splatters I usually size the player up based on their movement / location on map: ie if they are jogging out in the open they are unlikely to be skilled enough to even jump over the ghost.

= SPLAT

OR

if I see them moving erratically and in a good spot, I might fake a boost and get them but 9/10 times it will end unfavorably.

= Move along or turret them

This is the first game where I believe splatters are inconsistent, I’ve actually ricochet’d off a player with my full speed ghost several times, tumbling over and getting 'naded, or worse, hijacked

> This is by far the easiest Halo (other than CE) to get splatters on so why does it seem that nobody gets them? I realize that in matchmaking that there are stickies and plasma pistols galore but ghosts hogs and mongooses are very powerful for running people the hell over in this game.

How about we 1v1.
You ONLY go for splatters, never shooting while in a ghost.
I’ll use the Magnum.
I’ll record it and put it on Youtube.
I’m busy this weekend, but I’d be down to do that with you on Monday just so you can see how inefficient your splatters are.

If you only used a magnum, outlasting your ammo wouldn’t be a difficult task.

> If you only used a magnum, outlasting your ammo wouldn’t be a difficult task.

No, I would still win easily.

Vehicles in Halo 4 are made of tissue paper, you can destroy them very easy.

i only did it to have the Verdant Visor

after that, i never did it again.

You try to splatter somebody (Unless it’s a surprise), you’re either going to get

a) Plasma Pistol’ed to a complete stop, or

b) Plasma Grenade’ed to death.

So…yeah…

people seem to be able to jump over or board me even at full speed, any time I try to jump or board I get insta splattered. No idea how or why. Splattering seems really inconsistent in this game.

> people seem to be able to jump over or board me even at full speed, any time I try to jump or board I get insta splattered. No idea how or why. Splattering seems really inconsistent in this game.

Remember how BXR worked by stacking commands and skipping animations? The same principle applies to hijacking. There is a hijack technique which isn’t well known which allows you to do this consistently.

That’s why I can take out Ghosts without even having to fire a weapon.

My only Killtacular in this game is thanks to a Ghost splatter.

Made my night.

Apart from the plasma pistol and plasma grenades ruining vehicular combat, lag plays a big part too. It’s extremely frustrating when you hit someone with a ghost at full speed, it makes that ‘splat’ sound and you just push them a bit and then they board you :’(

BWO arbiter, i’m sure you could easily prove that point in a 1v1, however this isn’t some random scrub who splatters. an album coverx does or did have the highest amount of splatters in the world for h3, reach and h4. you should look at his montages, there’s very few people who have incredibly unique montages, i’d say an album coverx and hyena are the two biggest standouts.

but yes you did answer your question an album coverx, it’s inconsistent regarding finding the weapon then using it, people had less personal power in previous games and weapons spawned statically, making it easier to do a tandem of unique things more frequently. on this acc i was 2nd in the world for reach laser kills at my highest, however inconsistent laser spawns has discouraged me from pursuing such a goal (other than the fact i have complete and utter resentment towards h4 btb).

> Powerful? They’re weak… against those weapons…

^Exactly this^

OT: The vehicles are very weak against the Plasma Pistol. Its like Armor Lock back in Halo Reach, (only difference is, it blows up once rammed).

> > This is by far the easiest Halo (other than CE) to get splatters on so why does it seem that nobody gets them? I realize that in matchmaking that there are stickies and plasma pistols galore but ghosts hogs and mongooses are very powerful for running people the hell over in this game.
>
> How about we 1v1.
> You ONLY go for splatters, never shooting while in a ghost.
> I’ll use the Magnum.
> I’ll record it and put it on Youtube.
> I’m busy this weekend, but I’d be down to do that with you on Monday just so you can see how inefficient your splatters are.

Splatters are easiest when playing cat and mouse. You look for teammates that are in fights and save there buts from people who are not paying attention to you.

That said I would wreck you.

I ussually only go for splatters if I’m vastly outnumbered or have the element of surprise.

actually ghost splattering in h4 is pretty easy, yet i never splattered someone with a mongoose

Because I get Plasma Pistol EMP charged, boarded, and Plasma Grenade stuck to death. Not fun.

Honestly, I remember when players would run towards vehicles in online multiplayer but in Halo 4, it almost seems as if the players are running away from the vehicles (unmanned).

> > How about we 1v1.
> > You ONLY go for splatters, never shooting while in a ghost.
> > I’ll use the Magnum.
> > <mark>I’ll record it and put it on Youtube.</mark>
> > I’m busy this weekend, but I’d be down to do that with you on Monday just so you can see how inefficient your splatters are.
>
> Splatters are easiest when playing cat and mouse. You look for teammates that are in fights and save there buts from people who are not paying attention to you.
>
> That said I would wreck you.

Do it, link it, I’d watch it :slight_smile: