Why doesn't halo 4 have a beta?

Why hasn’t 343 released a beta for halo 4? With all of the changes being made, we should all have an opportunity to play the game before its released. Also, this is 343’s first halo game, so why not release something special for all of the fans?

They’ve gone over this only a thousand times…

> They’ve gone over this only a thousand times…

Well can you explain it to me then?

They did have a beta, it was just a private one. I’m sure Halo 4 has has plenty of play testing. I’m also pretty sure you just want one to use as a demo and not to look for bugs, glitches, or to give intelligent feed back.

> > They’ve gone over this only a thousand times…
>
> Well can you explain it to me then?

No time, and no resources.

> > > They’ve gone over this only a thousand times…
> >
> > Well can you explain it to me then?
>
> No time, and no resources.

Just as i thought…

Because private betas and playtests are more effective and take less time than public betas. Plus they get better feedback. Public betas are treated as demos by most people and 343 would hardly get enough helpful feedback from it.

During the panel question and answer session (probably at all of the conventions since similar questions arise), Frankie indicated that they made a conscious decision to not split their resources to build a Beta. 343i wanted to focus on having demos for players to experience Halo at the conventions and continue to work towards finishing the project. About time they produced the beta, with the magnitude of the changes they are making, it would be obsolete before it’s even shipped.

I think it’s a wise move because why put a Beta on the street of a unfinished project given the magnetite that is riding on success of Halo 4.

RTX PANEL Q&A - CLICK HERE (review 11:13)