Why doesn't Blue Team wear the same armor?

When I first played Halo, I imagined all the Spartans being identical. I thought one of the iconic characteristics of Spartans were that they had green armor with Mark IV(or Mark V) helmets. So far Halo Wars 1 and 2 are the only games to capture that. Halo Reach could be written off because they were a unique team of Spartan IIIs. Technically, most Spartan IIIs didn’t have energy shields. What’s Blue Team’s excuse? Not only Halo 5 made the Spartan IVs less cool but it made Blue Team lame too.

Because it’s been a long time in the halo universe since they all wore the same armour. The Spartans in halo wars 1 and 2 (red team) haven’t gotten back to rest of humanity in a long time, so they’re all wearing their original armour.

> 2535416616313329;1:
> When I first played Halo, I imagined all the Spartans being identical. I thought one of the iconic characteristics of Spartans were that they had green armor with Mark IV(or Mark V) helmets. So far Halo Wars 1 and 2 are the only games to capture that. Halo Reach could be written off because they were a unique team of Spartan IIIs. Technically, most Spartan IIIs didn’t have energy shields. What’s Blue Team’s excuse? Not only Halo 5 made the Spartan IVs less cool but it made Blue Team lame too.

> 2535462343655853;2:
> Because it’s been a long time in the halo universe since they all wore the same armour. The Spartans in halo wars 1 and 2 (red team) haven’t gotten back to rest of humanity in a long time, so they’re all wearing their original armour.

Just like Lange said. Remember throughout the games Chief kept getting new armor? I’m sure it was the same with the rest of Blue team because they returned to humanity.

It’s difficult to sell merchandise of four characters (six with Noble Team) when the biggest visual indicator between them is what weapons they use. Since they now have a larger number of people aware of their existence, they need to be visually distinct for all of the action figures and such to sell.

The best route is for them to go with the style of Halo Legends: The Package styles, which is what the new armor Blue Team is seen wearing on the latest Halo book cover Shadows of Reach. Similar in a brutalist aesthetic sense while still retaining some individuality through various subtle coloration changes and streamlined designs apart from slight variations in helmets.
Hopefully that’s the way 343 decides to go if Blue Team is present in Infinite.

As for Spartan-IV’s, they’re just a new breed. They have a lore reason to have drastically different armors, however I would definitely prefer if they also had a streamlined armor design or just all wore the RECRUIT variant.