Why doesn't anyone use crouch in Infection?

This one thing that I’ve noticed has always confused me; why does it seem that nearly nobody remembers the crouch button in Infection? Every game, most of the Infected I see are just blindly walking everywhere they go, rushing straight to survivor holdouts and getting farmed horde after horde. Same with Survivors. I hold my breath whenever I’m hiding out in a secure spot where no infected has found me yet, but there’s that one idiot who can’t keep still and keeps walking around constantly. Has everyone forgotten that we are all equipped with motion trackers? With all the uncrouched people running around everywhere, it’s too easy to be able to tell when you are about to be attacked by just looking for approaching blips on your tracker.

Why should Infected bother to crouch? When you crouch and take it slow, as well as utilise pieces of cover nearby, you can use stealth to ambush wandering survivors, or get easy kills at the start of the game as the Alpha when the survivors are still spreading out across the map. For those large survivor groups holding out at secure holdouts, you can also crouch while advancing to the location to remain undetected, then quickly advance inside the space abruptly, jumping and thrusting to the side just as the survivors get a clear view of you. Always seems to work for me.

For the survivors, once you’ve found a good spot to defend, stay crouched! If you are going to walk around the length of the entire room, it is needless to say that some Infected are going to eventually clearly see your presence projected on their trackers, and that’s when’s you’re secret location is compromised :stuck_out_tongue:

Has anyone felt similarly to me? I don’t know why this bothers me, but anyways just wanted to state this fact that I’ve observed.

I just noticed that I can still spot the infected even when they are crouched and this stealth approach only works when you know you are near a survivor.

Problem: Getting close to a survivor. If you take it slow, a survivor spots you from afar and takes you out with a magnum to the face,
If you take it fast, you count on survivors panicking and this helps you get them.

> 2533274818084099;2:
> I just noticed that I can still spot the infected even when they are crouched and this stealth approach only works when you know you are near a survivor.
>
> Problem: Getting close to a survivor. If you take it slow, a survivor spots you from afar and takes you out with a magnum to the face,
> If you take it fast, you count on survivors panicking and this helps you get them.

Of course, obviously if you are right in the survivors’ line of sight, you wouldn’t suddenly crouch and go slowly. But what I simply mean is that, when people are in close proximity to survivors and about to assault them (e.g. at the other side of a doorway, above or below) but not visible to them yet, players generally don’t bother to crouch and move stealthily. By barging all the way to the doorway and announcing your arrival on all of the survivors’ trackers moments before you actually attack, you are putting yourself at a major disadvantage.

Essentially, in my opinion, effectively combining a mixture of crouching and staying behind cover, strafing with the assist of thruster pack and jumping, and moving swiftly directly towards your target will make people a much more deadly Infected player. Right now I see too many people underestimating the potential in crouching and moving from cover to cover.