Why does the REQ system feel rigged?

I can open up several gold and sliver packs and still get junk items about 60% of the time. Why? I understand you have to unlock all of the crappy items to get to the good stuff, but it’s frustrating because it seems like I’m getting no where with the REQ system. I’ve seen people with H2 BR and Pistols with a larger clip… Am I just unlucky or just not understanding the concept here? Sure, emblems and Armor is nice, but where is all of the permanent stuff? DMR? Nope. It’s incredibly annoying trying to play warzone or warzone FF with such terrible REQs. I’m sick of the REQ junk honestly, at this point I just feel like playing Arena… By far the REQ system killed Halo 5 for me personally. I would have much rather had a level based unlock system than REQs.

Don’t even bother with Golds until you’ve exhausted Silvers, trust me. You’ll get through all the permanents much faster and with a lot less points spent that way.

TBH I agree on the unlocks for armor/emblems since they’re the ones that’ll be used outside of Warzone, and some emblems and armor are indeed opened that way (Commendations for emblems, e.g.)

Nah not rigged just welcome dumb rng which granted I like in some games but hate in halo.

> 2535429372664044;1:
> I can open up several gold and sliver packs and still get junk items about 60% of the time. Why? I understand you have to unlock all of the crappy items to get to the good stuff, but it’s frustrating because it seems like I’m getting no where with the REQ system. I’ve seen people with H2 BR and Pistols with a larger clip… Am I just unlucky or just not understanding the concept here? Sure, emblems and Armor is nice, but where is all of the permanent stuff? DMR? Nope. It’s incredibly annoying trying to play warzone or warzone FF with such terrible REQs. I’m sick of the REQ junk honestly, at this point I just feel like playing Arena… By far the REQ system killed Halo 5 for me personally. I would have much rather had a level based unlock system than REQs.

You’re only an SR 43 (Probably be a 120 or so when you finish up) so you’ve likely got a ways to go to unlocking most of the toys. I’ll elaborate a bit on what Sylxeria said; Redeem your points for silver till you get 3000 points back from one, then move on to golds till you get 6000 points from one. After that you can pick up a few bronzes to get the handful of leftover mongooses. This is a slow grind, but it is still the quickest way to unlock everything with the least wasted time and req points.

It is rigged. It’s rng, but it’s a teir system. experience has shown me that your not getting a phaeton in your first pack, you would have like a 0000.1 chance until you complete silver packs.

You have to unlock all the rares to even have a reasonable chance of getting a higher teir.

It’s not pure RNG. There is a system to it.

Nothing seemed like rng to me every thing I got out of packs was practically the lowest rarity available.

Just keep grinding those silvers man. I was around level 80 when I finished my silvers and 120 when I finished golds

Yes, the system is rigged and built so that you burn money in it. It essentially pay-to-win pretending it isn’t.

> 2533275005949844;8:
> Yes, the system is rigged and built so that you burn money in it. It essentially pay-to-win pretending it isn’t.

Funny thing is in micro transactions I’ve purchased in the past my rng luck improved after a purchase for a couple days.

Certifications waste a lot of my gold packs. Another obvious thing added to keep the grind going longer.

And the worst of it is that complainers like me, who have “awoken” to the reality of this pay-to-win RNG -Yoink-, are a small (almost insignificant) minority. There’s so much people torching fat stacks of cash that 343 literally has no incentive whatsoever to abandon this way. I can’t even fathom the fortunes that Microsoft must’ve made on Halo 5 thanks to the REQ system.

> 2533275005949844;8:
> Yes, the system is rigged and built so that you burn money in it. It essentially pay-to-win pretending it isn’t.

Or built in a way that more common items appear more commonly than rare items? Shocker.

Once you get the phaeton certification, you never get another phaeton for the rest of your life. But you do get CE pistols.

Well be lucky that you wasn’t part of the req grind when emblems took one or both the unlock slots.
I still haven’t unlocked everything. 2 reasons I tried to grind out gold first since I really wanted a manthis…and emblems… I am 132 arm. At 88 percent for helms and bodys. Seems strange if it’s a true rng. Then why does everyone’s helms and body’s also with in a percent of each other.

You’re SR 43.
That’s why.

It’s not completely random. I remember the Phaeton cert was one of the last things I got. If it was purely random, you’d unlock some Mythic and legendary stuff early on. That didn’t happen for me. Everything was unlocked pretty much in order of rarity.

It does feel like a conspiracy.
I have yet to unlock any magnum or the H2 BR, but I have the armor set that I wanted.
Win some, lose some.

well it is hard to unlock everything but patience, dont buy golds win them with commendations and dont open rigth away, wait until you get most of the commun stuff.

That’s RNG for you bud took me forever to get everything too

> 2535429372664044;1:
> I can open up several gold and sliver packs and still get junk items about 60% of the time. Why? I understand you have to unlock all of the crappy items to get to the good stuff, but it’s frustrating because it seems like I’m getting no where with the REQ system. I’ve seen people with H2 BR and Pistols with a larger clip… Am I just unlucky or just not understanding the concept here? Sure, emblems and Armor is nice, but where is all of the permanent stuff? DMR? Nope. It’s incredibly annoying trying to play warzone or warzone FF with such terrible REQs. I’m sick of the REQ junk honestly, at this point I just feel like playing Arena… By far the REQ system killed Halo 5 for me personally. I would have much rather had a level based unlock system than REQs.

To answer the question of the thread:

That’s because the Req system IS rigged. There is no greater way to rig a game other than an RNG based unlock system that uses Microtransaction, allow me to explain, the RNG will almost certainly keep you from getting your target armor until you’ve exhausted the 999 (exaggeration) other crappy armors in the pool, thus causing obsession with buying packs and in some peoples cases could be considered to appear to be promoting gambling. It’s one wacky theory, but you can’t deny it makes sense.