Why does the Didact hate humanity?

If the Forerunners declared them as their inheritors and their “Reclaimers”?..

The declaration of Humanity as “Reclaimers”, was by the Life-Workers, a whole different caste with different views. The Didact is a Warrior Servant, who lost all his children in the Forerunner’s war against Humanity (Ancient), and basically sees Humanity as a threat to destroyed permanently.

That’s the assumption from what we know of the Didact. He seemed okay about being in the presence of Humans in Cryptum, despite the past. He could possibly be corrupted, maybe from exposure to the Flood during the Forerunner-Flood war.

> Why does the Didact hate humanity?

Well in few days you can find out!
:slight_smile:

> The declaration of Humanity as “Reclaimers”, was by the Life-Workers, a whole different caste with different views. The Didact is a Warrior Servant, who lost all his children in the Forerunner’s war against Humanity (Ancient), and basically sees Humanity as a threat to destroyed permanently.
>
> That’s the assumption from what we know of the Didact. He seemed okay about being in the presence of Humans in Cryptum, despite the past. He could possibly be corrupted, maybe from exposure to the Flood during the Forerunner-Flood war.

Forerunners are all one whole. Factions, such as the Master Builder and his cronies for instance, exist, but they’re all one whole and under one chain of command like the Covenant and UNSC are. The Forerunners as a whole, as in whoever was leading them, chose humanity as their successors…and said leaders are the Didact and the Librarian at the time of the Forerunner-Flood War…primarily the Didact. Cryptum and Primordium (Cryptum especially and mainly) made it quite clear that the Didact does not hate humans, not in the least…especially not after he found out that the whole reason they started pushing into Forerunner Space was because of the Flood. As presented now, the Didact bearing any illwill toward humanity and wanting to destroy them all or subjugate them does not make any sense in the least and is out of character…we’ll see if 343i’s reasons for the Didact being evil are any good, if not, then I’m liable to just turn my back on 343i and be done with it (as sad as that is)…Glasslands Trilogy was bad enough, if 343i itself starts messing things up directly rather than it being in tertiary sources from other authors…then I’m just done :confused:

for teh stupid lulz I guess and aaah the mantle

It would appear the Didact, probably the Ur-Didact and not the Bornsteller-Didact, fell out with Forerunner leadership before the Forerunner-Flood War ended and was imprisoned on Requiem. He may not have had as bad a hatred of humans as he once did, but it would not be out of the question for him to harbor bitterness towards humans and view them as the greatest threat to the galaxy.

Doesn’t mean the Didact is right in his hostile views though.

> It would appear the Didact, probably the Ur-Didact and not the Bornsteller-Didact, fell out with Forerunner leadership before the Forerunner-Flood War ended and was imprisoned on Requiem. He may not have had as bad a hatred of humans as he once did, but it would not be out of the question for him to harbor bitterness towards humans and view them as the greatest threat to the galaxy.
>
> Doesn’t mean the Didact is right in his hostile views though.

Precursors. That is all.