Why does the Community Update take so damn long?

It is 11:00 o’clock at night here on the East Coast, and still no Community Update. What gives? Bungie gets their Weekly Updates out by at least 8:00 PM, but 343i doesn’t get theirs out until close to midnight, and they’re in the same time zone.

I’m hoping they’ll shed some light on the next content update and maybe give me a real reason to return to Halo 5: Guardians. I’ve been disappointed week after week… but curiosity demands that I at least know what’s coming. 343i has teased this next content update as being “huge”, and I’m wondering what that means… does it mean huge changes are coming to Halo 5 with the next update? Maybe something to combat Warzone farming? Or at the very least, the removal of respawn penalties and nerfs to the AI in Warzone Firefight, something that should’ve been in the Anvil’s Legacy update? Or how about just some decent armor and black techsuits so our Spartans don’t have to look as much like Power Rangers? That would be awesome.

I am going to copy this from a previous thread like this.

> Well it’s the holiday and today’s Black Friday, probably the most chaotic type of holiday there is. Would you rather A, write about 10 paragraphs for a community update or B, go eat some stuffing, Turkey, potatoes, and go out to Black Friday and get good prices on very expensive stuff. Also, they thanked us by giving us the Glyph emblem on Thanksgiving.

> 2535409489305717;2:
> I am going to copy this from a previous thread like this.
>
>
> > Well it’s the holiday and today’s Black Friday, probably the most chaotic type of holiday there is. Would you rather A, write about 10 paragraphs for a community update or B, go eat some stuffing, Turkey, potatoes, and go out to Black Friday and get good prices on very expensive stuff. Also, they thanked us by giving us the Glyph emblem on Thanksgiving.

Holiday is not an excuse. It always takes them this long to get the Community Update out. Doesn’t matter whether it’s Black Friday, or White Friday, or Xursday… they always wait until the last minute of the day.

It’s a holiday. I doubt there is a community update today.

> 2533274834952794;3:
> > 2535409489305717;2:
> > I am going to copy this from a previous thread like this.
> >
> >
> > > Well it’s the holiday and today’s Black Friday, probably the most chaotic type of holiday there is. Would you rather A, write about 10 paragraphs for a community update or B, go eat some stuffing, Turkey, potatoes, and go out to Black Friday and get good prices on very expensive stuff. Also, they thanked us by giving us the Glyph emblem on Thanksgiving.
>
> Holiday is not an excuse. It always takes them this long to get the Community Update out. Doesn’t matter whether it’s Black Friday, or White Friday, or Xursday… they always wait until the last minute of the day.

You remind me of a guy I was just replying to - like I told him, 343i have lives and families just like us and they deserve to have some fun. They’re the ones who have been working their butts off to try to fulfill the needs of every person who plays Halo 5 so they deserve a break once in awhile.

I’m really curious as to why you need the Community Updates so much. I’d almost agree with you if you are dying for another update preview but that’s still not good enough. People like you are simply being greedy and I really don’t see why it’s so important. Do you know what is important? Having fun at home with your family, friends, and loved ones.

> 2533274834952794;3:
> > 2535409489305717;2:
> > I am going to copy this from a previous thread like this.
> >
> >
> > > Well it’s the holiday and today’s Black Friday, probably the most chaotic type of holiday there is. Would you rather A, write about 10 paragraphs for a community update or B, go eat some stuffing, Turkey, potatoes, and go out to Black Friday and get good prices on very expensive stuff. Also, they thanked us by giving us the Glyph emblem on Thanksgiving.
>
> Holiday is not an excuse. It always takes them this long to get the Community Update out. Doesn’t matter whether it’s Black Friday, or White Friday, or Xursday… they always wait until the last minute of the day.

It’s just a Community Update. We don’t need to have one every week about some small thing that is happening. Or even better, nothing is happening this week. Like I said earlier it’s the holidays and we should just relax and enjoy the holidays.

> 2535429585915411;5:
> > 2533274834952794;3:
> > > 2535409489305717;2:
> > > I am going to copy this from a previous thread like this.
> > >
> > >
> > > > Well it’s the holiday and today’s Black Friday, probably the most chaotic type of holiday there is. Would you rather A, write about 10 paragraphs for a community update or B, go eat some stuffing, Turkey, potatoes, and go out to Black Friday and get good prices on very expensive stuff. Also, they thanked us by giving us the Glyph emblem on Thanksgiving.
> >
> > Holiday is not an excuse. It always takes them this long to get the Community Update out. Doesn’t matter whether it’s Black Friday, or White Friday, or Xursday… they always wait until the last minute of the day.
>
> You remind me of a guy I was just replying to - like I told him, 343i have lives and families just like us and they deserve to have some fun. They’re the ones who have been working their butts off to try to fulfill the needs of every person who plays Halo 5 so they deserve a break once in awhile.
>
> I’m really curious as to why you need the Community Updates so much. I’d almost agree with you if you are dying for another update preview but that’s still not good enough. People like you are simply being greedy and I really don’t see why it’s so important. Do you know what is important? Having fun at home with your family, friends, and loved ones.

There is one person assigned to penning the Community Update. It’s not like it takes the whole studio to put together a few paragraphs and some screenshots. Bungie is able to get their Weekly Updates out every week, and much earlier than 343 Industries. And unlike 343i, Bungie’s game (Destiny) isn’t complete garbage.

> 2533274834952794;7:
> > 2535429585915411;5:
> > > 2533274834952794;3:
> > > > 2535409489305717;2:
> > > > I am going to copy this from a previous thread like this.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > > Well it’s the holiday and today’s Black Friday, probably the most chaotic type of holiday there is. Would you rather A, write about 10 paragraphs for a community update or B, go eat some stuffing, Turkey, potatoes, and go out to Black Friday and get good prices on very expensive stuff. Also, they thanked us by giving us the Glyph emblem on Thanksgiving.
> > >
> > > Holiday is not an excuse. It always takes them this long to get the Community Update out. Doesn’t matter whether it’s Black Friday, or White Friday, or Xursday… they always wait until the last minute of the day.
> >
> > You remind me of a guy I was just replying to - like I told him, 343i have lives and families just like us and they deserve to have some fun. They’re the ones who have been working their butts off to try to fulfill the needs of every person who plays Halo 5 so they deserve a break once in awhile.
> >
> > I’m really curious as to why you need the Community Updates so much. I’d almost agree with you if you are dying for another update preview but that’s still not good enough. People like you are simply being greedy and I really don’t see why it’s so important. Do you know what is important? Having fun at home with your family, friends, and loved ones.
>
> There is one person assigned to penning the Community Update. It’s not like it takes the whole studio to put together a few paragraphs and some screenshots. Bungie is able to get their Weekly Updates out every week, and much earlier than 343 Industries. And unlike 343i, Bungie’s game (Destiny) isn’t complete garbage.

Who cares if the updates are not on time or not every week, not the end of the world.

Also Destiny is a piece of -Yoink-.

> 2533274834952794;7:
> > 2535429585915411;5:
> > > 2533274834952794;3:
> > > > 2535409489305717;2:
> > > > I am going to copy this from a previous thread like this.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > > Well it’s the holiday and today’s Black Friday, probably the most chaotic type of holiday there is. Would you rather A, write about 10 paragraphs for a community update or B, go eat some stuffing, Turkey, potatoes, and go out to Black Friday and get good prices on very expensive stuff. Also, they thanked us by giving us the Glyph emblem on Thanksgiving.
> > >
> > > Holiday is not an excuse. It always takes them this long to get the Community Update out. Doesn’t matter whether it’s Black Friday, or White Friday, or Xursday… they always wait until the last minute of the day.
> >
> > You remind me of a guy I was just replying to - like I told him, 343i have lives and families just like us and they deserve to have some fun. They’re the ones who have been working their butts off to try to fulfill the needs of every person who plays Halo 5 so they deserve a break once in awhile.
> >
> > I’m really curious as to why you need the Community Updates so much. I’d almost agree with you if you are dying for another update preview but that’s still not good enough. People like you are simply being greedy and I really don’t see why it’s so important. Do you know what is important? Having fun at home with your family, friends, and loved ones.
>
> There is one person assigned to penning the Community Update. It’s not like it takes the whole studio to put together a few paragraphs and some screenshots. Bungie is able to get their Weekly Updates out every week, and much earlier than 343 Industries. And unlike 343i, Bungie’s game (Destiny) isn’t complete garbage.

That’s your opinion, not necessarily a fact. :slight_smile:

> 2533274834952794;7:

Late to the party, but wanted to mention that Community Updates are a collaboration of details from multiple teams across the studio.