Why does the BR need Recoil / Spread?

can anyone tell me why the BR needs Recoil or Spread?

elaborate plz, im all ears.

seems like meaningless things to add to the BR. it just makes it more of a chore to play when you constantly have to aim down after every shot. im all for skill gap, but really? fighting to aim AND fighting someone else seems redundant.

i say let shooting be about aim, and dodging, not aiming, dodging, AND sliiiiiightly holding downards.

also: does spread accomplish anything either? this also seems like a way to inject a tiny bit of random nonsense into the game. hopefully it wont be ridiculous spread, we’ll just have to see. personally, i dont know why you would use spread at all. what do you accomplish by adding these superfluous things into the BR?

> can anyone tell me why the BR needs Recoil or Spread?
>
> elaborate plz, im all ears.
>
> seems like meaningless things to add to the BR. it just makes it more of a chore to play when you constantly have to aim down after every shot. im all for skill gap, but really? fighting to aim AND fighting someone else seems redundant.
>
> i say let shooting be about aim, and dodging, not aiming, dodging, AND sliiiiiightly holding downards.
>
> also: does spread accomplish anything either? this also seems like a way to inject a tiny bit of random nonsense into the game. hopefully it wont be ridiculous spread, we’ll just have to see. personally, i dont know why you would use spread at all. what do you accomplish by adding these superfluous things into the BR?

My guess is to balance it out with the bloom on the other weapons eg DMR

It will fore people to :

1-Get out of their comfy zone

2-Peace and time the shoots

3-Require more skill when aiming at moving targets.

I like those 3 things and i think they are good additions to the game.

/thread

The BR in H4 is meant to be more of a mid-range rifle instead of a long-range like the DMR.
So in order to balance out distance for accuracy, the BR gets “spread”.

Recoil is there to keep it from killing everything at long range. Spread is there because… Because…

…Um…

DMR = Long range, has bloom to balance.

BR = Medium range, has recoil to ensure it aint a DMR 2.0

AR = Spray party up close and personel, has enough recoil.

Why? Because 343 decided it to be so, that’s why.

Its called balance.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not purposely bypass the word filter.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Because f-ck Halo of old, that’s why.

Honestly if you look at Recoil, at least that’s a controllable factor which only bothers you if your not adjusting your aim. Shouldn’t be much a hurdle for skilled players me thinks. Otherwise, some of you are not as good as you thought. :stuck_out_tongue:

Sure you can call it “fighting the game” but it’s much preferable alternative to the dice rolling of Reach bloom and rando spread ala Halo 3 BR.

Controllable factors > random elements

Give a player control sure, but not too much like Bloom did and not enough with random bullet spread. It has to be just right.

Makes it difficult to use at longer ranges. The BR isn’t going to be a “do everything” gun anymore, and that’s the way it should have been for years now. It’s called balance, so I suggest you deal with it.

> Why? Because 343 decided it to be so, that’s why.

343 made it, so its automatically right?

do you ever change your tune epicgamermonkey? at a certain point it becomes more than just being loyal. i can respect being loyal, because im the same way. but come on dude. at least SOME of the time you should form YOUR OWN opinions.

I’m going to say it was a design choice to make the game feel more realistic. The fact that the BR (or any weapon for that matter) looses aim-assist against targets at a certain range already balances it out for long ranged combat. Without a doubt the DMR will have a more powerful scope, and the range of aim-assist will certainly be greater than the BR’s.

I hate the feature personally. Any mechanic that makes me fight it (the game) is unwanted in a player vs player game. On top of that it opens up the possibility of rewarding players who have aimed off target.

aims at chest
fires
Gets a headshot “:]”

> aims at chest
> fires
> Gets a headshot “:]”

I hated that in Halo 3. Especially since firing in the neck area gave you an advantage.

But than again, you couldn’t paste/control Halo 3’s BR spread. Apparently, it’ll be possible in Halo 4. And In my opinion, pasting guns is a must for skilful gameplay.

Jesus, for the last time. The BR has upward recoil to inhibit it’s long range efficiency (as spread and bloom were supposed to do in prior games)

The BR does NOT have spread. The DMR has bloom, as to what kind of bloom we don’t know, it is unthinkable that it would behave like Reach’s.

I don’t necessarily agree with any of these things, but that’s how they are.

> The BR does NOT have spread.

Funny, because people who have played it says it does.

> DMR = Long range, has bloom to balance.
>
> BR = Medium range, has recoil to ensure it aint a DMR 2.0
>
> AR = Spray party up close and personel, has enough recoil.

Correct me if wrong be isn’t halo 4 hit scan? So this " spread " is just talking about the timing in between the bullets in a burst and judging from what I have seen the burst is VERY quick so it’s not going to be anything like halo 3. I would think it would be more around H2 spread wise, Recoil has always been on the BR and it’s easy to handle I just think people are over reacting on the spread part. I know they say DMR beats BR long range but a skilled player can compensate for the " spread " and recoil.

> DMR = Long range, has bloom to balance.
>
> BR = Medium range, has recoil to ensure it aint a DMR 2.0

It makes sense for them to add recoil to the BR so both it and the DMR can co exist

> Correct me if wrong be isn’t halo 4 hit scan? So this " spread " is just talking about the timing in between the bullets in a burst and judging from what I have seen the burst is VERY quick so it’s not going to be anything like halo 3. I would think it would be more around H2 spread wise, Recoil has always been on the BR and it’s easy to handle I just think people are over reacting on the spread part. I know they say DMR beats BR long range but a skilled player can compensate for the " spread " and recoil.

You can’t paste Halo 3’s BR.