Why Does Nobody go on with a mic anymore?

seriously, wtf? every time i play, all i get are mute banned kids with their annoying prepubescent voice and -Yoinks!- breathing into their microphones. It’s so hard to make some friends. (I’ve taken a lonnnnnng break from playing my 360 due to school, so all my gamer buddies deleted me)

anyways, if you are interested in playing with me over the spring break, sent me pm. I usually play btb/invasion/ts.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/Default.aspx?player=About265Jews

> seriously, wtf? every time i play, all i get are mute banned kids with their <mark>annoying prepubescent voice and -Yoinks!- breathing into their microphones.</mark> It’s so hard to make some friends. (I’ve taken a lonnnnnng break from playing my 360 due to school, so all my gamer buddies deleted me)
>
>
> anyways, if you are interested in playing with me over the spring break, sent me pm. I usually play btb/invasion/ts.
>
> http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/Default.aspx?player=About265Jews

What is highlighted, is the reason why.

When I’m not in Party chat I’ll usually have my mic on, but I don’t tend to talk much, I’m not interested in raging at or being raged at. Unfortunately party chat did kinda kill in game chat, but I don’t think I could live without it.
Except when playing Dark Souls of course.

I unplug my mic now, the Reach community(if it is a community) is nothing like the Halo 2 or 3 community. Everybody is usually in a Party Chat. I don’t have anyone to play with team-wise so I don’t use it as no one else does. There isn’t much teamwork anymore, or maybe I’m just playing with unlucky people. I came to Reach late, after most of my friends have either gone on a LIVE hiatus or moved on. I don’t know anybody, I think part of it is that there is no defined Social and Ranked playlists ala Halo 2 and 3. I just played in some games in Halo 3 yesterday were I joined in with a group that had good teamwork so we did a good job in Social Slayer, everybody used their mikes. I think alot of winning in Reach is knowing people or being on the side that has a big party.

Because as a whole the xbox live community has gone down hill. (ex: your gamertag)

I’ll add you.

In case I forget, add me: Tyson94red.

> Because as a whole the xbox live community has gone down hill. (ex: your gamertag)

This is kinda true.

Because no one wants to listen to 9 year olds whining about how their Sniper Rifle got stolen.

Two reasons, one, most players are not great conversationalist and I dont want people to have the pleasure of hearing me rage LOL.

I use a turtle beach headset and I keep the chat options on in case I betray, or if I want to hurl insults at them for being an -Yoink-.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not purposely bypass the word filter.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

I usually keep my mic unplugged because Reach makes me rage like a -Yoink- and i’d rather not subject my teammates to that.

I cant believe no one has said “just play with a team” yet!

Sometimes I wear my mic but it gets old just talking to myself. No one ever hears me say one shot, or wait here a second theres 4 of them around the corner, but they always hear bashees up…
However I have been playing Halo 3 for the last couple weeks and people still communicate! Crazy what a little number does to influence communication and teamwork.

Too many squeakers that hurt my ears and trash talkers I don’t need to bother listening to. I have everyone muted and even then there’s still morons that send me messages saying how bad I am like I give a damn. When the Halo community gets better. I might bother to start using my mic outside party chat… which is rare to begin with.

I have always held that the no-mics problem was caused by party chat and Halo 3 muting the enemy team by default (one of that game’s many stupid decisions), making it no fun to talk or have friendly banter. This carried on into Reach where abysmal maps negated any point to teamwork because they are just run-and-gun with no alternate routes.

I’m one of those guys who sits there yelling callouts to myself because nobody else has a mic or utilizes the art of the callout.

Seriously, I’ve played with guys who weren’t necessarilly great at the physical part of the game, but mentally and vocally they were superb leading to easy victories with coordinated teams. I hope Halo 4 brings this concept back hopefully by pulling a COD and banning party chat in team oriented games.

If I want to talk to you, you’ll get a party invite. Children have ruined XBL. Thanks for the avatar?

I never hear people on the mic and if I do it certainly isn’t little kids.

> I never hear people on the mic and if I do it certainly isn’t little kids.

If you’re 21 or younger, you’re a child to me. Perhaps I should have been more clear.

> > I never hear people on the mic and if I do it certainly isn’t little kids.
>
> If you’re 21 or younger, you’re a child to me. Perhaps I should have been more clear.

How old does that make you? 40?

Perhaps.