Why does my friend suck when he plays with me?

My best friend and I play Halo: Reach pretty much every night after he gets off work. Now, the weird thing is, when I play alone, sometimes I’ll do incredibly well, but most of the time I do “pretty good.” When he plays by himself, he usually always does great, but when he plays with me, he’s lucky if he doesn’t come in last on our team, while I’m usually in the 20+ kill area (Team Slayer).

Why does this happen? Is it the people we are being matched up against or do I just play better with him around, resulting in me getting more kills, thus taking away a lot of the kills he would otherwise earn?

Try giving him guides on what to do. Or maybe tell him to stay back or give him a spot to cover out for you. Then he might do good. It’ll prevent him from getting deaths, ect.

EDIT: It also might happen cause he might take it as a joke.

> Now, the weird thing is, when I play alone, sometimes I’ll do incredibly well, but most of the time I do “pretty good.” When he plays by himself, he usually always does great, but when he plays with me, he’s lucky if he doesn’t come in last on our team, while I’m usually in the 20+ kill area (Team Slayer).
>
> Why does this happen?

You steal most of his kills? :wink:

Joking aside, I know what you speak of. And I also don’t have any explanation for this phenomenon. Must be something psychologial, I think… XD

This happens to me too with one of my friends. I always pull up the back of the team, always going negative, when I play with him. When I’m not playing with him, I’m not consistently great, but I pretty consistently a least pull a positive K/D. The worst part is my friend takes the game too seriously, so when he sees me pulling up the back of the team and us losing, he blames me and kicks me from the party. Very unpleasant.

> The worst part is my friend takes the game too seriously, so when he sees me pulling up the back of the team and us losing, he blames me and kicks me from the party. Very unpleasant.

That’s a good reason for me to kick my so-called friend out of my friends list. I’ve done that a couple of times now because it’s just not fun to play with people who throw a fit over a “friend’s” performance in a bloody game.

> > The worst part is my friend takes the game too seriously, so when he sees me pulling up the back of the team and us losing, he blames me and kicks me from the party. Very unpleasant.
>
> That’s a good reason for me to kick my so-called friend out of my friends list. I’ve done that a couple of times now because it’s just not fun to play with people who throw a fit over a “friend’s” performance in a bloody game.

I would do that to anybody else, but this is a friend I know in real life, and he would throw a real-life rage following the friends list removal. Further, if I tried telling him how annoying it is to play with him when all is not going well, I get answers like, “Well if you wouldn’t suck I wouldn’t kick you.”

It’s probably one of two things, or both of them. Either he’s letting the fact that you’re with him pressure him into doing well, however the pressure is too much for him to handle and instead he ends up doing bad, or you’ve got a higher TrueSkill rating than him, and as a result he’s being matched against other players who are better than him.