why does host have such an advantage?

I hate the lag and the huge advantage a host has in this game. It shouldn’t take 2 gernades, and 5 br shots to kill an opponent. The four shot br does not feel like a four shot anymore good god. Please fix this problem for halo 5 I don’t think you (343) are capable of fixing it for halo 4 as there are so many other things that require your attention.

As it stands there is really no way to eliminat host advantage when it comes to the current way games work online. Games today on Xbox live connect via peer to peer connections.

With the Xbox one and the power of the azure servers, this will change and hopefully eliminate host advantage.

> The four shot br does not feel like a four shot anymore good god.

Wtf are you talking about? I get 4 shots all the time.

As with any game since the dawn of online gaming, those with the better connection always win. The host ALWAYS has the best connection, based on the geographic location of the connections in the game.

I don’t want to get into another “everyone can’t afford the best internet connection ever” hate rant, but why is it that YOU should be catered to with a bad connection, despite what you say you obviously have one, while everyone else who pays more to ensure they have a better connection suffer the same stupid fate as you? Seems like a buttload of nonsense.

Dedicated servers were confirmed for the next Halo title, I do believe.

Halo 5 will have dedicated servers. So the issue will be resolved by then. For now I guess you’re out of gas. I invest in good Internet so I get host often.

And that’s halo 4’s bad netcoding for you…

This is a new one on me. I’ve never known halo to ever be subjecated to host advantage. As the way halo preforms and it’s TTK the only real way a host could get an “advantage” would be lag switching. The only game iv’e ever seen host advantage in was COD. I pulled host in that game i’d say atleast 90% of the time. There are plenty of deaths i should have taken but got away with.

Was the lag sparatic? If so then the match just picked a bad host. No advantage. If it was the same guy constantly giving you trouble then it was probably a lag switch. That’s the only way it could remain consistant with halo’s TTK’s.

> This is a new one on me. I’ve never known halo to ever be subjecated to host advantage. As the way halo preforms and it’s TTK the only real way a host could get an “advantage” would be lag switching. The only game iv’e ever seen host advantage in was COD. I pulled host in that game i’d say atleast 90% of the time. There are plenty of deaths i should have taken but got away with.
>
> Was the lag sparatic? If so then the match just picked a bad host. No advantage. If it was the same guy constantly giving you trouble then it was probably a lag switch. That’s the only way it could remain consistant with halo’s TTK’s.

Read this if you want an example of “Host Advantage:”

https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postsm2567780_Is-Halo-4-s-Netcode-Bogging-Down.aspx#post2567780

and why it’s so important if you want to have a Lag free game. It’s why I have given up on H4 war games or co-op play and switched back to playing Halo Reach for all multiplayer games. Reach simply doesn’t lag at all like H4 does (and if you read the above post, my connection is fine).

> > The four shot br does not feel like a four shot anymore good god.
>
> Wtf are you talking about? I get 4 shots all the time.

^This, I don’t even use the BR but whenever I do I get 4 Shots just fine

> This is a new one on me. I’ve never known halo to ever be subjecated to host advantage. <mark>As the way halo preforms and it’s TTK the only real way a host could get an “advantage” would be lag switching.</mark> The only game iv’e ever seen host advantage in was COD. I pulled host in that game i’d say atleast 90% of the time. There are plenty of deaths i should have taken but got away with.
>
> <mark>Was the lag sparatic? If so then the match just picked a bad host. No advantage. If it was the same guy constantly giving you trouble then it was probably a lag switch. That’s the only way it could remain consistant with halo’s TTK’s.</mark>

^This.

I’m going to use this quote whenever someone makes a “cH33t0rz d0n 3x1st, IT5 aWl J0s lag” post.