Why does halo 5 not have a veto system

Lately i have been getting the same maps over and over whether its antifreeze on BTB or Rig on slayer these are maps i would rather veto if they came up and i just don’t understand why we don’t have something in place like we did in Halo 3, i’m not saying that 343 should do a complete overhaul of the map rotation i just stating that as a long time Halo player having the option to skip a map in Halo 5 would be a great addition.

Have you been leaving during the intermission part or just letting it naturally send you to another match?

> 2533274868062286;2:
> Have you been leaving during the intermission part or just letting it naturally send you to another match?

I don’t leave matches no matter how much i hate a map or how bad i’m losing.

> 2533274852025912;3:
> > 2533274868062286;2:
> > Have you been leaving during the intermission part or just letting it naturally send you to another match?
>
>
> I don’t leave matches no matter how much i hate a map or how bad i’m losing.

I mean in between matches during the intermission or after the match. Do you leave or do you stay in the playlist?

Because the same exact thing would spawn from a veto system.

Because people use voting and vetos to play the same maps over and over. Sure you get some repeats now but it was worse the way it was before.

Outvoted by the community. no-one wants to play the same exact map over and over and over

> 2533274868062286;4:
> > 2533274852025912;3:
> > > 2533274868062286;2:
> > > Have you been leaving during the intermission part or just letting it naturally send you to another match?
> >
> >
> > I don’t leave matches no matter how much i hate a map or how bad i’m losing.
>
>
> I mean in between matches during the intermission or after the match. Do you leave or do you stay in the playlist?

I normally stay in the playlist but i end up playing the same maps with different game modes, I don’t get a full rotation before seeing that map again.

> 2533274868394351;7:
> Outvoted by the community. no-one wants to play the same exact map over and over and over

Not a voting system like in Reach where you pick and choose the map you want just the ability to skip a map if it becomes to repetitive similar to the way Halo 3 worked.

Reach still had the best voting system overall. Don’t like a map/gametype or you played something too many time, choose something else.
My complaint is the trash maps for BtB that were added in that idiots vote for, the trash/useless Firefight gametypes, and Invasion Slayer/Skirmish get no love (but I can see why).

Who cares if people vote for the same couple things over and over, let democracy say what is good and not because it beats playing the same thing over and over against our will. With a voting system, all the maps would be played equally if they are all equally good.
It shouldn’t be too difficult find out what people vote or don’t vote for, then change the maps/playlists to make it more fun based on what we like.

I actually agreed with no voting the 1st couple of months. People would get married to a map early without even trying the others. But over time voting is actually quite good. It really gives you solid data on what maps are great and which ones aren’t. Which should be valuable feedback for the dev’s. I liked the Reach voting system pretty good but after a while got fed up with people dancing their votes and you would lose the map you like at the very end. Now I would actually also be for a system when new maps arrive that they remove the voting for that 1st week. Because a lot of people are habitual and would vote against the new maps simply because they are new. Yes even the ones that typically complain we don’t have enough maps would still vote on older maps.

At least I would never have to play Torque or Riptide again. I don’t know anyone who would vote those maps… could you imagine if the three options one time were overgrowth, torque and riptide? shudders

> 2533274883849234;5:
> Because the same exact thing would spawn from a veto system.

Right on the nail here.

Veto/vote system is a bit illusory. At the end of the day you are playing on the same distribution of maps at roughly the same frequency. Even if people vote/veto you will play maps you don’t like or maps you just played on. Same goes for gametypes. At least with the current system there isn’t anyone to blame for the current map pick except RNG. The current system is fine.

They talked about it before the beta came out I think and how they`re changing the way the game gets played on the maps haha