Why does H5 have a bigger file size on X1 than X1X

Halo 5 on Xbox One is 109.2 GB and Halo 5 on Xbox One X is 97.2 GB. Yeah you read that right. It’s bigger on the older system and not the new X. Should it not be the other way around? Or at least the same?

Both consoles are set set to instant on and automatic downloads. I’m working with a digital copy of Halo 5. The only thing is I don’t have the box checked to turn on 4K downloads on my Xbox One. The reason is the Xbox One is not capable of running Halo 5 in 4K. So if I enabled it there would just be wasted memory on that console. Now the Xbox One X is capable of running Halo 5 in 4K. I want the 4K on my Xbox One X. But there is no option to enable 4K updates on the Xbox One X like there is on Xbox One. From what I understand the Xbox One X is supposed to mandatorially get the 4K updates. Is me not having the 4K option for 4K updates turned on on the Xbox One messing me up? The only reason that is there was to predownload the 4K updates for transfer. I didn’t use that feature. Didn’t work. Instead I just downloaded Halo 5 onto Xbox One X via the store. My games and app -> ready to install.

Im so confused. Please help.

I am also confused and having the same issue. When I prepared all my games for transfer from my original Xbox the install size went up to 107gb with 4k assets, but a short while after playing for the first time Halo 5 updated itself again and is now only 97.2gb. It says on the store page it should be 109gb. Gears of War 4 is the 103.3gb it is meant to be so not sure what is happening with Halo.

Found an answer: https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/7btj0s/xbox_one_x_listed_game_sizes/

It was quietly patched overnight to remove 10 gigs of unnecessary content, but the specs have not been updated.