Why does every one think that H2: PC is so much worse then H2 on xbox?

I never had the oppertunity to play halo 2 online xbox, sadly.
I was considering getting halo 2 for my PC, and was wondering why people thought it was so bad? and anyone know how many people play it now?

Its just the faact it came out after the next gen of consoles started - significanly after, neaing the halo 3 launch- and it didn’t have any noticable improvements, was lacking 2 maps (although it had a couple of its own), and was full price.

Because people have no taste in video games.

haha…
anyway, does anyone use xbc anymore? that looks like something i might use tommorow

I always thought it was more the circumstances around the release of the PC version than it being “worse” (which I really don’t think it was).

At the time there was no Windows 7, only XP and still young Vista I believe. Halo 2 PC was Vista exclusive because I think it was claimed that it utilized Direct X 10 or something. However some patches have been released by people online that have (with a problem here or there) allowed the game to be played in Campaign on XP. The fact that people hate Vista so much is partly why i’d say since people felt it should be available on XP instead.

The other thing as well is that I think Halo 2 ran a little bit too slow, than what people expected at the time (probably Vista especially with how it was back then) and the fact that it simply didn’t add much graphically or something like that. That’s my understanding of it.

PC gaming isn’t for me I have more enjoyment chilling on a comfy couch with my big screen tv and surround sound.

It runs poorly even on good PCs, and on low resolutions. Also, since it lacks matchmaking you will be playing on Coagulation 90% of the time. Plus there is not many people left who play it, but hey maybe if you get it that is 1 more person to play with.

> It runs poorly even on good PCs, and on low resolutions. Also, since it lacks matchmaking you will be playing on Coagulation 90% of the time. Plus there is not many people left who play it, but hey maybe if you get it that is 1 more person to play with.

How much is “low resolutions”? Generally 1024x768 works on my 2+ year old laptop. And laptops are slower than desktop computers too. It definitely ran slow for it’s time but i’d say it runs decent now.

Also I did notice (having tried an XP Patch prior to getting a laptop), that it was indeed Vista that made the game run very slow. XP ran the game quite a bit better in my experience.

Because it’s glitchy. I remember having to fart with system files and startup orders to make H2V work on 7. I don’t know if the same errors occurred on Vista.

Plus, nobody liked Vista.

> PC gaming isn’t for me I have more enjoyment chilling on a comfy couch with my big screen tv and surround sound.

I’m this guy haha. Although I use a PC screen instead. The irony. xP

> PC gaming isn’t for me I have more enjoyment chilling on a comfy couch with my big screen tv and surround sound.

What’s stopping you from doing that with a PC?