Why Does Didact Turn His Prometheans into Knights?

The game shows and the books say that the Knights are composed humans, but this halo 4 terminal, “Knights” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWGLkV_G9WY strongly implies that Didact turned all of his prometheans into knights.

I know knights are immune to the composer, but are they not far less effective in combat then prometheans? And what is the chance that composed humans would look the exact same as composed prometheans?

When didact awakens he considers the human prometheans “Primitives” and states that since Master Chief has not mastered them humanity hasn’t achieved the mantle… why on earth would he turn his prometheans into them if that is the case?

The Didact made his warriors into Promethean Knight because they were going to battle a galactic army of Flood and the Composer would make them immune to infection. when the Didact said that the humans hadn’t even mastered these “primitives” he was talking about the Elites.

To add on to what TangentialShark stated, Ur-Didact also composed the humans on Installation 03 (much to Librarian’s dismay). The number of the original Knights dwindled very low so he “conscripted” them. So then the Promethean Knights now consisted of both Forerunner AND Human members. And in the Halo 4 level Reclaimer; Librarian told John that the resulting Knights quickly soured where the original personality became fragmented. Taken over by animalistic behavior and psyche. So I can see where the Composer could possibly make Knights less effective than the original Prometheans, combat capability wise.

I’ll just add a little to the other posts. They are also stripped of most if not all personality and individual thought. They are combat AI’s now.If you were wondering, the Ur-Didact didn’t turn all of the warrior servants into Knights, only those that were still loyal to him. This was after the Gravemind had spoken with him which damaged his mind. His previous plan was to use the Shield Worlds, but after the interogation, the Gravemind knew of this plan and the Ur-Didact felt that plan wouldn’t work, so he considered other solutions. This ultimatly lead to his own physical change and the composing of his warrior servants. I would imagine that most warrior servants including Prometheans, stayed with the Iso-Didact. He says in one of the terminals that the Flood is still too strong, but it might help if he had greater numbers. This seems to confirm that not many remained loyal to him.

Prometheans are high ranking warrior servants, if you didn’t already know that.

Is this mentioned in silentium?
I’ve read the first 2 but not silentium yet.
I read the conversation between the didact and the primordial or whatever it was called, was that just the gravemind?
I guess I am just a lot behind on this.
is the Didact in Halo 4 Bornstellar? Or is it the original Didact?
If the Didact in Halo 4 is the original is the Didact who talks to the Primordial not Bornstellar?

> 2533274800656155;5:
> Is this mentioned in silentium?
> I’ve read the first 2 but not silentium yet.
> I read the conversation between the didact and the primordial or whatever it was called, was that just the gravemind?
> I guess I am just a lot behind on this.
> is the Didact in Halo 4 Bornstellar? Or is it the original Didact?
> If the Didact in Halo 4 is the original is the Didact who talks to the Primordial not Bornstellar?

The halo 4 didact is not Bornstellar. Bornstellar is the Iso-didact while the Ur-Didact (The original) is in Halo 4.

am I wrong in that Bornstellar was the one who talked to the Primordial though?
If he was the one who talked to him would he not have his mind messed up? I may have just mixed up that detail.

> 2533274800656155;5:
> Is this mentioned in silentium?
> I’ve read the first 2 but not silentium yet.
> I read the conversation between the didact and the primordial or whatever it was called, was that just the gravemind?
> I guess I am just a lot behind on this.
> is the Didact in Halo 4 Bornstellar? Or is it the original Didact?
> If the Didact in Halo 4 is the original is the Didact who talks to the Primordial not Bornstellar?

The Ur-Didact gets captured in Silentium and interogated by a Gravemind (NOT the Primordial, which is dead at this point).

The Primordial serves the same role as a gravemind, but its origin is unknown. It seems to be an early stage of the Flood. I’ve included two pictures of how it could look like based on the books. Warning, it’s slightly creapy

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130130223112/halo/images/a/a2/ThePrimordial.jpg

As you can see, it’s doesn’t look like the other Graveminds, eventhough it serves the same purpose.

AssassinJV11 aswered the other part.

> 2533274800656155;7:
> am I wrong in that Bornstellar was the one who talked to the Primordial though?
> If he was the one who talked to him would he not have his mind messed up? I may have just mixed up that detail.

Bornstellar (Iso-Didact) spoke with the Primordial at the end of Primordium and killed it, that is correct. The Ur-Didact also spoke with it, but that was much earlier. The conversation with both the Primordial and a Gravemind is described as unpleasant, but it won’t affect your mind. The Ur-Didact was captured and psychologically tortured which is why he snapped.