Why does Cortana need the Halos?

So I have seen a lot of Youtube and forums talking about Cortana logic plague, but I haven’t really seen any forums and little youtube videos on Why Cortana needs the Halos. In my honest opinion here are the reason Cortana would use or need the Halos.
#1: Mobile bases.
#2: She would need at least Installation 03 to have access to the Composer’s Abyss to create more Prometheans.
#3: To keep the Halos from being used against her and her Created.
#4: Enforcement of her rule.
#5: Do her own reseeding the Galaxy.
Now before you start to shut down these theory, listen to what I have to say. For #1 We know that the Halos can move on their own thanks to Nightfall and the Comic book Escalation (In Escalation the Didact moved the Halo to planet where the Composers are made). So transporting them would be now problem. We also know little about the Halos. In Halo CE anniversary in the first Terminal 343 Guilty Spark sends a message warning which states the Halos have defensive systems. We also know they house a large supply of different Sentinels. So she can use them either to protected a planet or attack a planet. Or even use them help with repairs since we have seen builder Sentinels on the Halos. #2 every race in the galaxy has multiple colonies so Cortana will need an army to enforce her rule, since she has limited supply of Guardians as well as Prometheans. They may seem endless but she limited. If she wasn’t she would have no problem stopping Fireteam Osiris with endless waves of Prometheans. She would need Installation 03 for the Composer’s Abyss which houses all those who have been Composed by the Composers. This would allow her to create more Prometheans. The only problem is 859 Static Carillon took the Halo to get repaired and than to hide it. So we cannot confirm the Halo we saw at the end of Halo 5 is Installation 03 or another Halo. Since the Halo is no longer in orbit of that broken planet. #3 The Halos were created to wipe out all life yes, but you need 7 Halos to do so. Each only covered a part of the galaxy. Also we have come to find out that the Halos do damage to the Domain. Also I am sure the Halos’ blast or effective range can be adjusted to a low yield or low power setting. There is proof of this in the Halo Novel Cryptum when the Builders test a Halo on the San’Shyuum(Prophets) home world on low power. So those who oppose Cortana and her Created could Hijack a Halo take it to Genesis which is a major hub for the Domain fire the Halo ring cause major damage to the Domain. Which in turn would harm Cortana and her Created. #4 with what I said earlier about the low power setting, Cortana may use the Halos on low power setting to wipe out planets that don’t have a Guardian or to quickly wipe out any those who oppose her. She could use them how nations use Nukes, we don’t use them but use them as a deterrent. Or pretty much a gun to everyone’s head. #5 Near the end of Halo 5 when Cortana gave her message to the world she said “Those of you who listen will not be struck by weapons.” then later in the message “However, for those who refuse out offer and cling to their old ways for you there will be great wrath. It will burn hot and consume you and when you are gone we will take that which remains and we will remake it in our own image”. Now this could mean she will do what the Liberian did though on a more select bases. She would only save those who obey her and most likely will only save small numbers of those and take them to the Ark. Afterwards she would fire the Halos. Then she would reseed the Galaxy. It is far easier to control a few people than it is large number of people.
So these are the reason why I believe Cortana whats the Halos. All of them I could see happen, and there is proof support them.

Cortana wants the Forerunner ecumene structure to return and to position herself to an authority to uphold the Mantle of Responsibility! Her totalitarian rule is sure to be met with every organic species who strive for freedom and individuality! So by taking control of the remaining Halo installations, she now has the symbolic “Gun pointed at the head of the Universe” which might be enough to suppress any form of threatening resistance! The San’Shyuum did prove this strategy to be possible during the Taming of the Mgalekgolo and the Unggoy rebellion!

> 2533275030819984;2:
> Cortana wants the Forerunner ecumene structure to return and to position herself to an authority to uphold the Mantle of Responsibility! Her totalitarian rule is sure to be met with every organic species who strive for freedom and individuality! So by taking control of the remaining Halo installations, she now has the symbolic “Gun pointed at the head of the Universe” which might be enough to suppress any form of threatening resistance! The San’Shyuum did prove this strategy to be possible during the Taming of the Mgalekgolo and the Unggoy rebellion!

This.
It is now the supreme power in the universe , (I suggest we use it!)

Seems like more of a last resort then a primary plan

I think it so that she has a powerful weapon.

Don’t do as I say, or I will fire the Halo Array!

Why did the Empire need the Death Star? Fear and intimidation.

> 2533274793749599;6:
> Why did the Empire need the Death Star? Fear and intimidation.

And if you are a conspiracy theorist like me, preparation for the Yuuzhan Vong. :wink:

> 2533274812652989;7:
> > 2533274793749599;6:
> > Why did the Empire need the Death Star? Fear and intimidation.
>
>
> And if you are a conspiracy theorist like me, preparation for the Yuuzhan Vong. :wink:

Oh god, don’t give the halo writing team any ideas… They’d throw that in cause, why not?

Asset Denial, but without destruction so that she can use them later. If the Guardians are capable of policing a system, then they’re not needed for her own plans, but she also doesn’t want them following into her enemies’ hands.

> 2533274812652989;7:
> > 2533274793749599;6:
>
>
> And if you are a conspiracy theorist like me, preparation for the Yuuzhan Vong. :wink:

Not to go off topic, but I do wonder what Disney has in store for them.

> 2533274812652989;7:
> > 2533274793749599;6:
>
>

So the emperor sensed a looming threat?

> 2533274793749599;10:
> Not to go off topic, but I do wonder what Disney has in store for them.

To close this off-topic loop, I can tell you that the Emperor’s overall plan was retconned in one of the post-Disney books. Tarkin or Lords of the Sith, I think. His plan was basically power for power’s sake. Fun fact: he took the Jedi Temple as his palace, both as a big middle finger to the Jedi and because deep beneath it lies an entirely forgotten Sith temple. Only he and a particular, ancient droid (passed from Sith to Sith, given lots of facelifts) know of its existence. So that old “he was making this empire to repel a great, foreseen threat” thing is non-canon… for now.

As for this Cortana and Halo bizz, that all covers the options that I can see, though I sort of expect her to retrofit the rings with hardlight spokes and the rest of the mechanisms required for them to fire as controlled beams, not massive bombs. Alternatively, she’s gonna do something none of us can predict that the writers have arbitrarily decided she can do, to set up some heroic sweeping journey wherein a single choke point can disassemble her entire hold on the galaxy. But, hey. They wouldn’t write such banal drivel.

> 2678033349858034;12:
> > 2533274793749599;10:
> > Not to go off topic, but I do wonder what Disney has in store for them.
>
>
> To close this off-topic loop, I can tell you that the Emperor’s overall plan was retconned in one of the post-Disney books. Tarkin or Lords of the Sith, I think. His plan was basically power for power’s sake. Fun fact: he took the Jedi Temple as his palace, both as a big middle finger to the Jedi and because deep beneath it lies an entirely forgotten Sith temple. Only he and a particular, ancient droid (passed from Sith to Sith, given lots of facelifts) know of its existence. So that old “he was making this empire to repel a great, foreseen threat” thing is non-canon… for now.
>
> As for this Cortana and Halo bizz, that all covers the options that I can see, though I sort of expect her to retrofit the rings with hardlight spokes and the rest of the mechanisms required for them to fire as controlled beams, not massive bombs. Alternatively, she’s gonna do something none of us can predict that the writers have arbitrarily decided she can do, to set up some heroic sweeping journey wherein a single choke point can disassemble her entire hold on the galaxy. But, hey. They wouldn’t write such banal drivel.

I seem to remember the reason for the Temple being where it was is because of a Force Nexus, not a Sith Temple.

Without knowing much else than what was in the game, I would think that they’d be yet another bargaining chip in her bid to rule the galaxy, alongside the Guardians. Step out of line, and a Halo might be used. EMPing a planet is one thing, but firing a Halo… (Just look at what Master Builder Faber did to the San’Shyuum homeworld in “Cryptum”.)

I doubt that Halos can even be a risk to the “Created”, since they are not biological life forms.

Or for the flood

> 2533274887950450;14:
> Without knowing much else than what was in the game, I would think that they’d be yet another bargaining chip in her bid to rule the galaxy, alongside the Guardians. Step out of line, and a Halo might be used. EMPing a planet is one thing, but firing a Halo… (Just look at what Master Builder Faber did to the San’Shyuum homeworld in “Cryptum”.)
>
> I doubt that Halos can even be a risk to the “Created”, since they are not biological life forms.

The Created need the Domain in order not to go into rampancy. Without the Domain they would go into rampancy. If the firing of all the Seven Halos damage the Domain, to were the Forerunners didn’t have access to it. From what we know none of the Halos are were close to a major hub. So if the UNSC were to fire a Halo at Genesis which is a major hub it could do a lot of damage to the Domain. I agree with the first statement which is why it is #4 on my list.

> 2533274814585447;16:
> > 2533274887950450;14:
> > Without knowing much else than what was in the game, I would think that they’d be yet another bargaining chip in her bid to rule the galaxy, alongside the Guardians. Step out of line, and a Halo might be used. EMPing a planet is one thing, but firing a Halo… (Just look at what Master Builder Faber did to the San’Shyuum homeworld in “Cryptum”.)
> >
> > I doubt that Halos can even be a risk to the “Created”, since they are not biological life forms.
>
>
> The Created need the Domain in order not to go into rampancy. Without the Domain they would go into rampancy. If the firing of all the Seven Halos damage the Domain, to were the Forerunners didn’t have access to it. From what we know none of the Halos are were close to a major hub. So if the UNSC were to fire a Halo at Genesis which is a major hub it could do a lot of damage to the Domain. I agree with the first statement which is why it is #4 on my list.

And that’s another reason why I would think that, if Cortana/the Created were to fire them at all, it would be just a single Halo directed at a specific site, to avoid any damage to the Domain (though I still am suspicious about the Domain seeming to be “back” after it was “offline” for millennia. Mostly seems like a cop-out to bring Cortana back to life when she should have stayed dead).

I would hope that Humanity never has to resort to using the Halos’ deliberately. The Master Chief has really seen and heard enough to the point where he has rather wanted to destroy one than let anyone get their hands on it at all.

> 2533274887950450;17:
> > 2533274814585447;16:
> > > 2533274887950450;14:
> > > Without knowing much else than what was in the game, I would think that they’d be yet another bargaining chip in her bid to rule the galaxy, alongside the Guardians. Step out of line, and a Halo might be used. EMPing a planet is one thing, but firing a Halo… (Just look at what Master Builder Faber did to the San’Shyuum homeworld in “Cryptum”.)
> > >
> > > I doubt that Halos can even be a risk to the “Created”, since they are not biological life forms.
> >
> >
> > The Created need the Domain in order not to go into rampancy. Without the Domain they would go into rampancy. If the firing of all the Seven Halos damage the Domain, to were the Forerunners didn’t have access to it. From what we know none of the Halos are were close to a major hub. So if the UNSC were to fire a Halo at Genesis which is a major hub it could do a lot of damage to the Domain. I agree with the first statement which is why it is #4 on my list.
>
>
> And that’s another reason why I would think that, if Cortana/the Created were to fire them at all, it would be just a single Halo directed at a specific site, to avoid any damage to the Domain (though I still am suspicious about the Domain seeming to be “back” after it was “offline” for millennia. Mostly seems like a cop-out to bring Cortana back to life when she should have stayed dead).
>
> I would hope that Humanity never has to resort to using the Halos’ deliberately. The Master Chief has really seen and heard enough to the point where he has rather wanted to destroy one than let anyone get their hands on it at all.

The Domain after being damaged by the first Halo firing went into a offline mode to repair itself. There was an explanation about it. I will look for it and then sent you the link.

> 2533274814585447;18:
> > 2533274887950450;17:
> > > 2533274814585447;16:
> > > > 2533274887950450;14:
> > > > Without knowing much else than what was in the game, I would think that they’d be yet another bargaining chip in her bid to rule the galaxy, alongside the Guardians. Step out of line, and a Halo might be used. EMPing a planet is one thing, but firing a Halo… (Just look at what Master Builder Faber did to the San’Shyuum homeworld in “Cryptum”.)
> > > >
> > > > I doubt that Halos can even be a risk to the “Created”, since they are not biological life forms.
> > >
> > >
> > > The Created need the Domain in order not to go into rampancy. Without the Domain they would go into rampancy. If the firing of all the Seven Halos damage the Domain, to were the Forerunners didn’t have access to it. From what we know none of the Halos are were close to a major hub. So if the UNSC were to fire a Halo at Genesis which is a major hub it could do a lot of damage to the Domain. I agree with the first statement which is why it is #4 on my list.
> >
> >
> > And that’s another reason why I would think that, if Cortana/the Created were to fire them at all, it would be just a single Halo directed at a specific site, to avoid any damage to the Domain (though I still am suspicious about the Domain seeming to be “back” after it was “offline” for millennia. Mostly seems like a cop-out to bring Cortana back to life when she should have stayed dead).
> >
> > I would hope that Humanity never has to resort to using the Halos’ deliberately. The Master Chief has really seen and heard enough to the point where he has rather wanted to destroy one than let anyone get their hands on it at all.
>
>
> The Domain after being damaged by the first Halo firing went into a offline mode to repair itself. There was an explanation about it. I will look for it and then sent you the link.

Oh yeah, I vaguely remember that from one of the Forerunner Trilogy novels… Still doesn’t explain why the Domain is back in the modern era.

> 2533274887950450;19:
> > 2533274814585447;18:
> > > 2533274887950450;17:
> > > > 2533274814585447;16:
> > > > > 2533274887950450;14:
> > > > > Without knowing much else than what was in the game, I would think that they’d be yet another bargaining chip in her bid to rule the galaxy, alongside the Guardians. Step out of line, and a Halo might be used. EMPing a planet is one thing, but firing a Halo… (Just look at what Master Builder Faber did to the San’Shyuum homeworld in “Cryptum”.)
> > > > >
> > > > > I doubt that Halos can even be a risk to the “Created”, since they are not biological life forms.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > The Created need the Domain in order not to go into rampancy. Without the Domain they would go into rampancy. If the firing of all the Seven Halos damage the Domain, to were the Forerunners didn’t have access to it. From what we know none of the Halos are were close to a major hub. So if the UNSC were to fire a Halo at Genesis which is a major hub it could do a lot of damage to the Domain. I agree with the first statement which is why it is #4 on my list.
> > >
> > >
> > > And that’s another reason why I would think that, if Cortana/the Created were to fire them at all, it would be just a single Halo directed at a specific site, to avoid any damage to the Domain (though I still am suspicious about the Domain seeming to be “back” after it was “offline” for millennia. Mostly seems like a cop-out to bring Cortana back to life when she should have stayed dead).
> > >
> > > I would hope that Humanity never has to resort to using the Halos’ deliberately. The Master Chief has really seen and heard enough to the point where he has rather wanted to destroy one than let anyone get their hands on it at all.
> >
> >
> > The Domain after being damaged by the first Halo firing went into a offline mode to repair itself. There was an explanation about it. I will look for it and then sent you the link.
>
>
> Oh yeah, I vaguely remember that from one of the Forerunner Trilogy novels… Still doesn’t explain why the Domain is back in the modern era.

The Domain was nearly destroyed when the Halos fired. However parts of it survived. So between the firing of the Halos and just prior to Halo 5 it was repairing itself. If you go through the missions on Genesis on get the intel reports a Builder explains what happened. Cortana was able to interact with the Domain be cured of Rampancy and finish repairing the Domain. I wished 343 had put subtitles to the Intel cause some of them are hard to hear.