why do you think this halo is "too competitive"?

i hear that halo 5 is “too competitive” a lot here, but from what i remember hasn’t every halo (except 4) been this competitive?

i feel like with e-sports being a thing this day and age, it just makes everyone want to do better then they used to in the past? but don’t really see that being the game (halo 5)'s fault?

yes, those games had things like race, and infection, and grifball. but just because you aren’t shooting people in the face… doesn’t make it any less competitive? just a different type of competition

Well, it’s a combination of a bunch of small things that require you to play with a team and have constant communication with them in order to succeed.

The first offender is the tiny/useless radar. Right off the bat, we know that Halo 5 is a much faster paced game than its predecessors. You move around faster, die faster, and have many more abilities to keep track of on maps that are larger. And yet… The radar is smaller. If 343i wanted to keep things the same as past games, shouldn’t the radar actually be a bit bigger (like in the Beta) to remain fairly consistent? Now that the radar is at 18m, you can walk into a room and come face to face with 3 enemies that you didn’t even know were there. So, how do you overcome this challenge? You play with friends and communicate with them to figure out a strategy and know where the enemy is. Oh, but what if you’re like me and don’t have friends who consistently play Halo? Well… Then you’re doomed to get your butt handed to you.

And building off of that, let’s look at the incredibly fast pace of the game. Beforehand, it was not uncommon for me to take on 2, or even 3 players in one go by outmaneuvering them and outplaying them, all while using a BR. But in Halo 5? If you go up against more than one player at once, you’re most likely dead. The fast pace is an unforgiving environment, too much so. You miss half a BR shot, and you’re done. Now, I understand that this forces you to play at the top of your game at all times, but that’s exactly the problem. Sometimes, some of us just want to sit back and relax without having to worry about giving our 110% at all times.

Building off of that issue are the lack of social playlists. Now, in past Halo games, social playlists allowed you to play with friends on guest accounts, in splitscreen. No splitscreen in Halo 5 means that, technically, there is no need for social playlists. That in itself is an issue, since people used to go in social playlists with their friends just to have a good time, without trying to be the best of the best, while the competitive crowd would stick to the ranked playlists. And it worked. But we can no longer do that, so everybody is forced into the ranked playlists. Now, those of us who enjoyed playing with a buddy on the couch to have fun are forced into the ranked playlists, where we’ll often come face to face with a Fireteam and get our butts handed to us. It’s not fun, not at all.

And lastly, we have our playlist options. In other Halo games, you had a plethora of things to play. You could go have some fun in Action Sack for some crazy games like Fiesta and Dino Blasters. What if you had a team of 3? Then go have some multi-team fun! Oh, you’re only two? Doubles it is then! Feeling like charging around in a Warthog? Then Rocket Race is for you! In Halo 5, we don’t have any of that. Most of our options are super competitive Arena, super competitive Slayer, super competitive Breakout, etc. If somebody wants to play something social and fun, but not Warzone, their options were always just Infection or Grifball. And even then, Infection was only just added in this month. There are no options, and no options means less satisfaction for players. The lack of Firefight does not help this at all either.

So while I do like that Halo 5 has a much more competitive direction to it than Halo 4, and really enjoy the gameplay, I feel like completely casting aside the social community for pretty much anything out of Warzone and Infection is not the right direction to take. Halo 5 is clearly locking out a good portion of its fanbase by focusing too much on the competitive side rather than have a balance.

> 2533274808386392;2:
> Well, it’s a combination of a bunch of small things that require you to play with a team and have constant communication with them in order to succeed.
>
> The first offender is the tiny/useless radar. Right off the bat, we know that Halo 5 is a much faster paced game than its predecessors. You move around faster, die faster, and have many more abilities to keep track of on maps that are larger. And yet… The radar is smaller. If 343i wanted to keep things the same as past games, shouldn’t the radar actually be a bit bigger (like in the Beta) to remain fairly consistent? Now that the radar is at 18m, you can walk into a room and come face to face with 3 enemies that you didn’t even know were there. So, how do you overcome this challenge? You play with friends and communicate with them to figure out a strategy and know where the enemy is. Oh, but what if you’re like me and don’t have friends who consistently play Halo? Well… Then you’re doomed to get your butt handed to you.
>
> And building off of that, let’s look at the incredibly fast pace of the game. Beforehand, it was not uncommon for me to take on 2, or even 3 players in one go by outmaneuvering them and outplaying them, all while using a BR. But in Halo 5? If you go up against more than one player at once, you’re most likely dead. The fast pace is an unforgiving environment, too much so. You miss half a BR shot, and you’re done. Now, I understand that this forces you to play at the top of your game at all times, but that’s exactly the problem. Sometimes, some of us just want to sit back and relax without having to worry about giving our 110% at all times.
>
> Building off of that issue are the lack of social playlists. Now, in past Halo games, social playlists allowed you to play with friends on guest accounts, in splitscreen. No splitscreen in Halo 5 means that, technically, there is no need for social playlists. That in itself is an issue, since people used to go in social playlists with their friends just to have a good time, without trying to be the best of the best, while the competitive crowd would stick to the ranked playlists. And it worked. But we can no longer do that, so everybody is forced into the ranked playlists. Now, those of us who enjoyed playing with a buddy on the couch to have fun are forced into the ranked playlists, where we’ll often come face to face with a Fireteam and get our butts handed to us. It’s not fun, not at all.
>
> And lastly, we have our playlist options. In other Halo games, you had a plethora of things to play. You could go have some fun in Action Sack for some crazy games like Fiesta and Dino Blasters. What if you had a team of 3? Then go have some multi-team fun! Oh, you’re only two? Doubles it is then! Feeling like charging around in a Warthog? Then Rocket Race is for you! In Halo 5, we don’t have any of that. Most of our options are super competitive Arena, super competitive Slayer, super competitive Breakout, etc. If somebody wants to play something social and fun, but not Warzone, their options were always just Infection or Grifball. And even then, Infection was only just added in this month. There are no options, and no options means less satisfaction for players. The lack of Firefight does not help this at all either.
>
> So while I do like that Halo 5 has a much more competitive direction to it than Halo 4, and really enjoy the gameplay, I feel like completely casting aside the social community for pretty much anything out of Warzone and Infection is not the right direction to take. Halo 5 is clearly locking out a good portion of its fanbase by focusing too much on the competitive side rather than have a balance.

glad to see, i am not the only who feels like you have to have robotic aim in this game to get anything done. i hit 50 percent of my br shoots. and i still “struggle” apparently -.-. and i have also noticed the " running into more then one enemy at a time means your likely dead" was going to make a post about lack of muti-kills? but i felt it would have been pointless, thank you for your post

> 2533274808386392;2:
> Well, it’s a combination of a bunch of small things that require you to play with a team and have constant communication with them in order to succeed.
>
> The first offender is the tiny/useless radar. Right off the bat, we know that Halo 5 is a much faster paced game than its predecessors. You move around faster, die faster, and have many more abilities to keep track of on maps that are larger. And yet… The radar is smaller. If 343i wanted to keep things the same as past games, shouldn’t the radar actually be a bit bigger (like in the Beta) to remain fairly consistent? Now that the radar is at 18m, you can walk into a room and come face to face with 3 enemies that you didn’t even know were there. So, how do you overcome this challenge? You play with friends and communicate with them to figure out a strategy and know where the enemy is. Oh, but what if you’re like me and don’t have friends who consistently play Halo? Well… Then you’re doomed to get your butt handed to you.
>
> And building off of that, let’s look at the incredibly fast pace of the game. Beforehand, it was not uncommon for me to take on 2, or even 3 players in one go by outmaneuvering them and outplaying them, all while using a BR. But in Halo 5? If you go up against more than one player at once, you’re most likely dead. The fast pace is an unforgiving environment, too much so. You miss half a BR shot, and you’re done. Now, I understand that this forces you to play at the top of your game at all times, but that’s exactly the problem. Sometimes, some of us just want to sit back and relax without having to worry about giving our 110% at all times.
>
> Building off of that issue are the lack of social playlists. Now, in past Halo games, social playlists allowed you to play with friends on guest accounts, in splitscreen. No splitscreen in Halo 5 means that, technically, there is no need for social playlists. That in itself is an issue, since people used to go in social playlists with their friends just to have a good time, without trying to be the best of the best, while the competitive crowd would stick to the ranked playlists. And it worked. But we can no longer do that, so everybody is forced into the ranked playlists. Now, those of us who enjoyed playing with a buddy on the couch to have fun are forced into the ranked playlists, where we’ll often come face to face with a Fireteam and get our butts handed to us. It’s not fun, not at all.
>
> And lastly, we have our playlist options. In other Halo games, you had a plethora of things to play. You could go have some fun in Action Sack for some crazy games like Fiesta and Dino Blasters. What if you had a team of 3? Then go have some multi-team fun! Oh, you’re only two? Doubles it is then! Feeling like charging around in a Warthog? Then Rocket Race is for you! In Halo 5, we don’t have any of that. Most of our options are super competitive Arena, super competitive Slayer, super competitive Breakout, etc. If somebody wants to play something social and fun, but not Warzone, their options were always just Infection or Grifball. And even then, Infection was only just added in this month. There are no options, and no options means less satisfaction for players. The lack of Firefight does not help this at all either.
>
> So while I do like that Halo 5 has a much more competitive direction to it than Halo 4, and really enjoy the gameplay, I feel like completely casting aside the social community for pretty much anything out of Warzone and Infection is not the right direction to take. Halo 5 is clearly locking out a good portion of its fanbase by focusing too much on the competitive side rather than have a balance.

THIS.

So much this. I agree on all points.

As for playlist options: I loved firefight, back in the day. Now, the ultra competitive nature of H5 has meant that even when firefight was introduced in beta, there was still that element of dirt-baggery coming out, showing the worst of players in the community (eg req stealing and req station charging).

There really needs to be more social listings, with no competitive incentive - just for players who want to kick back and relax. Make sure it doesn’t add anything to player stats or req points (prevents kill farming/boosting). Just good ol’ fashioned base loadouts, couple of power weapons, first to 25. Something like that anyway. Heck, I’d settle for introducing classic maps like Valhalla, just to have something.

Unfortunately its probably a little late for H5 now. Maybe they’ll get the balance right for 6…

Being competitive always felt optional and games were mostly fair and balanced. Even though my performance seems to be better in halo 5 games are always 50/50 to being unfairly match. I also can’t stand all this MLG stuff it makes me hate halo a bit. MLG just looks silly and almost laughable that it’s being taking seriously.

The 4v4 arena just seems unbalanced with the starting weapons and the same goes for warzone once your on top they can’t do any thing to counter.

> 2533274821428609;4:
> > 2533274808386392;2:
> > Well, it’s a combination of a bunch of small things that require you to play with a team and have constant communication with them in order to succeed.
> >
> > The first offender is the tiny/useless radar. Right off the bat, we know that Halo 5 is a much faster paced game than its predecessors. You move around faster, die faster, and have many more abilities to keep track of on maps that are larger. And yet… The radar is smaller. If 343i wanted to keep things the same as past games, shouldn’t the radar actually be a bit bigger (like in the Beta) to remain fairly consistent? Now that the radar is at 18m, you can walk into a room and come face to face with 3 enemies that you didn’t even know were there. So, how do you overcome this challenge? You play with friends and communicate with them to figure out a strategy and know where the enemy is. Oh, but what if you’re like me and don’t have friends who consistently play Halo? Well… Then you’re doomed to get your butt handed to you.
> >
> > And building off of that, let’s look at the incredibly fast pace of the game. Beforehand, it was not uncommon for me to take on 2, or even 3 players in one go by outmaneuvering them and outplaying them, all while using a BR. But in Halo 5? If you go up against more than one player at once, you’re most likely dead. The fast pace is an unforgiving environment, too much so. You miss half a BR shot, and you’re done. Now, I understand that this forces you to play at the top of your game at all times, but that’s exactly the problem. Sometimes, some of us just want to sit back and relax without having to worry about giving our 110% at all times.
> >
> > Building off of that issue are the lack of social playlists. Now, in past Halo games, social playlists allowed you to play with friends on guest accounts, in splitscreen. No splitscreen in Halo 5 means that, technically, there is no need for social playlists. That in itself is an issue, since people used to go in social playlists with their friends just to have a good time, without trying to be the best of the best, while the competitive crowd would stick to the ranked playlists. And it worked. But we can no longer do that, so everybody is forced into the ranked playlists. Now, those of us who enjoyed playing with a buddy on the couch to have fun are forced into the ranked playlists, where we’ll often come face to face with a Fireteam and get our butts handed to us. It’s not fun, not at all.
> >
> > And lastly, we have our playlist options. In other Halo games, you had a plethora of things to play. You could go have some fun in Action Sack for some crazy games like Fiesta and Dino Blasters. What if you had a team of 3? Then go have some multi-team fun! Oh, you’re only two? Doubles it is then! Feeling like charging around in a Warthog? Then Rocket Race is for you! In Halo 5, we don’t have any of that. Most of our options are super competitive Arena, super competitive Slayer, super competitive Breakout, etc. If somebody wants to play something social and fun, but not Warzone, their options were always just Infection or Grifball. And even then, Infection was only just added in this month. There are no options, and no options means less satisfaction for players. The lack of Firefight does not help this at all either.
> >
> > So while I do like that Halo 5 has a much more competitive direction to it than Halo 4, and really enjoy the gameplay, I feel like completely casting aside the social community for pretty much anything out of Warzone and Infection is not the right direction to take. Halo 5 is clearly locking out a good portion of its fanbase by focusing too much on the competitive side rather than have a balance.
>
>
> THIS.
>
> So much this. I agree on all points.
>
> As for playlist options: I loved firefight, back in the day. Now, the ultra competitive nature of H5 has meant that even when firefight was introduced in beta, there was still that element of dirt-baggery coming out, showing the worst of players in the community (eg req stealing and req station charging).
>
> There really needs to be more social listings, with no competitive incentive - just for players who want to kick back and relax. Make sure it doesn’t add anything to player stats or req points (prevents kill farming/boosting). Just good ol’ fashioned base loadouts, couple of power weapons, first to 25. Something like that anyway. Heck, I’d settle for introducing classic maps like Valhalla, just to have something.
>
> Unfortunately its probably a little late for H5 now. Maybe they’ll get the balance right for 6…

Gotta love how Firefight affects your PvP Win/Loss ratio in a PvE ‘co-op’ gametype.

> 2533274881560701;6:
> > 2533274821428609;4:
> > > 2533274808386392;2:
> > >
> >
> >
> > THIS.
> >
> > So much this. I agree on all points.
> >
> > As for playlist options: I loved firefight, back in the day. Now, the ultra competitive nature of H5 has meant that even when firefight was introduced in beta, there was still that element of dirt-baggery coming out, showing the worst of players in the community (eg req stealing and req station charging).
> >
> > There really needs to be more social listings, with no competitive incentive - just for players who want to kick back and relax. Make sure it doesn’t add anything to player stats or req points (prevents kill farming/boosting). Just good ol’ fashioned base loadouts, couple of power weapons, first to 25. Something like that anyway. Heck, I’d settle for introducing classic maps like Valhalla, just to have something.
> >
> > Unfortunately its probably a little late for H5 now. Maybe they’ll get the balance right for 6…
>
>
> Gotta love how Firefight affects your PvP Win/Loss ratio in a PvE ‘co-op’ gametype.

Exactly :slight_smile: even when there’s an option to NOT PvP, they PvP it !

> 2533274962122285;5:
> Being competitive always felt optional and games were mostly fair and balanced. Even though my performance seems to be better in halo 5 games are always 50/50 to being unfairly match. I also can’t stand all this MLG stuff it makes me hate halo a bit. MLG just looks silly and almost laughable that it’s being taking seriously.
>
> The 4v4 arena just seems unbalanced with the starting weapons and the same goes for warzone once your on top they can’t do any thing to counter.

halo has been “home” to mlg, since 3. but it was looked down apon at that time, now as you said, it is being taken serious, more people who use to be casuals have as well.

4v4 arena, is balanced, i feel like the pistol shoots, a bit too fast. if you miss one bullet or don’t aim high enough with the DMR. you will be outshoot by the pistol, my issue with 4v4. is no join in progress, KILLS the game. 5v5 social slayer was good because it had join in progress

Let me get my list:
-Tryhards will betray you for power weapons in any non-slayer game mode solely to keep their K/D up
-Tryhards will leave the game as soon as they die more than twice in a row in Slayer AND FOUR V FOUR HAS NO JOIN IN PROGRESS
-People spawn camp SWAT to boost kills
-People spawn camp Grifball to boost kills
-People make smurf accounts to derank lesser players
-Halo is no longer about map control, it’s about camping and not having a negative KD
-Every objective game mode is just Slayer for 3/4 of the community
-People think that the ranking system is not broken in Halo 5 (oh it is, don’t kid yourself try-hard) and will “cheat” by having a full team and just camping together the entire game
-The no fire team vs fire team option leads to full fire teams boosting in every game mode, especially BTB and Slayer
-Breakout sucks, people who like Breakout suck, remove this game mode and give us Oddball or King of the Hill. Breakout tryhards are literal cancer.
-Warboost is a joke with every second game being a farm fest by one team or a speed run by one team.

I too used to be able to take on more than one enemy and get the multi kills, now if I get a multi kill it’s more down to luck than skill.

It just feels like 343 are forcing their vision of halo onto us. Which is ridiculous. We are the people that actually PLAY halo, for fun or for competition.
No BTB, griffball, infection at lauch, no split screen ever, only Warzone and Competitive arena at launch because 343 wanted us to play arena and give 110% all the time, play the new breakout or try out the new WZ game type.
(They have taken BR’s off a lot of maps now too which I assume is because they want players to use other weapons instead - though this is just my opinion. Everyone loves BR’s it’s the classic Halo rifle of course everyone wants to pick it up)

Maybe if there was more game modes and support for social players at launch Halo 5 would have been a super huge success and the community would have looked more favourably at WZ and Breakout. Seems like (slowly) releasing more content to win back players that have left.

I’m not against change but I’m finding this incarnation of halo hard to fall in love with.

Sorry for going a little off topic.

tl:dr Halo 5 should have had a more social aspect from launch and not forced everyone into competitive playlists IMO

> 2533274808386392;2:
>
>
>
>
>

There’s social and warzone for people like you

> 2533274826434697;12:
> > 2533274808386392;2:
> > Well, it’s a combination of a bunch of small things that require you to play with a team and have constant communication with them in order to succeed.
> >
> > The first offender is the tiny/useless radar. Right off the bat, we know that Halo 5 is a much faster paced game than its predecessors. You move around faster, die faster, and have many more abilities to keep track of on maps that are larger. And yet… The radar is smaller. If 343i wanted to keep things the same as past games, shouldn’t the radar actually be a bit bigger (like in the Beta) to remain fairly consistent? Now that the radar is at 18m, you can walk into a room and come face to face with 3 enemies that you didn’t even know were there. So, how do you overcome this challenge? You play with friends and communicate with them to figure out a strategy and know where the enemy is. Oh, but what if you’re like me and don’t have friends who consistently play Halo? Well… Then you’re doomed to get your butt handed to you.
> >
> > And building off of that, let’s look at the incredibly fast pace of the game. Beforehand, it was not uncommon for me to take on 2, or even 3 players in one go by outmaneuvering them and outplaying them, all while using a BR. But in Halo 5? If you go up against more than one player at once, you’re most likely dead. The fast pace is an unforgiving environment, too much so. You miss half a BR shot, and you’re done. Now, I understand that this forces you to play at the top of your game at all times, but that’s exactly the problem. Sometimes, some of us just want to sit back and relax without having to worry about giving our 110% at all times.
> >
> > Building off of that issue are the lack of social playlists. Now, in past Halo games, social playlists allowed you to play with friends on guest accounts, in splitscreen. No splitscreen in Halo 5 means that, technically, there is no need for social playlists. That in itself is an issue, since people used to go in social playlists with their friends just to have a good time, without trying to be the best of the best, while the competitive crowd would stick to the ranked playlists. And it worked. But we can no longer do that, so everybody is forced into the ranked playlists. Now, those of us who enjoyed playing with a buddy on the couch to have fun are forced into the ranked playlists, where we’ll often come face to face with a Fireteam and get our butts handed to us. It’s not fun, not at all.
> >
> > And lastly, we have our playlist options. In other Halo games, you had a plethora of things to play. You could go have some fun in Action Sack for some crazy games like Fiesta and Dino Blasters. What if you had a team of 3? Then go have some multi-team fun! Oh, you’re only two? Doubles it is then! Feeling like charging around in a Warthog? Then Rocket Race is for you! In Halo 5, we don’t have any of that. Most of our options are super competitive Arena, super competitive Slayer, super competitive Breakout, etc. If somebody wants to play something social and fun, but not Warzone, their options were always just Infection or Grifball. And even then, Infection was only just added in this month. There are no options, and no options means less satisfaction for players. The lack of Firefight does not help this at all either.
> >
> > So while I do like that Halo 5 has a much more competitive direction to it than Halo 4, and really enjoy the gameplay, I feel like completely casting aside the social community for pretty much anything out of Warzone and Infection is not the right direction to take. Halo 5 is clearly locking out a good portion of its fanbase by focusing too much on the competitive side rather than have a balance.
>
>
> There’s scoial and warzone for people like you

Social and Warzone are both fully stat tracked just like competitive arena. The only difference is number of players, objectives, and REQs in Warzone.

Not to mention that there is no action sack nor do any of these address the notable acceleration in pace.

> 2533274895508405;9:
> Let me get my list:
> -Tryhards will betray you for power weapons in any non-slayer game mode solely to keep their K/D up
> -Tryhards will leave the game as soon as they die more than twice in a row in Slayer AND FOUR V FOUR HAS NO JOIN IN PROGRESS
> -People spawn camp SWAT to boost kills
> -People spawn camp Grifball to boost kills
> -People make smurf accounts to derank lesser players
> -Halo is no longer about map control, it’s about camping and not having a negative KD
> -Every objective game mode is just Slayer for 3/4 of the community
> -People think that the ranking system is not broken in Halo 5 (oh it is, don’t kid yourself try-hard) and will “cheat” by having a full team and just camping together the entire game
> -The no fire team vs fire team option leads to full fire teams boosting in every game mode, especially BTB and Slayer
> -Breakout sucks, people who like Breakout suck, remove this game mode and give us Oddball or King of the Hill. Breakout tryhards are literal cancer.
> -Warboost is a joke with every second game being a farm fest by one team or a speed run by one team.

Are you trying to make a fool out of yourself? Lol

> 2533274881560701;13:
> > 2533274826434697;12:
> > > 2533274808386392;2:
> > > Well, it’s a combination of a bunch of small things that require you to play with a team and have constant communication with them in order to succeed.
> > >
> > > The first offender is the tiny/useless radar. Right off the bat, we know that Halo 5 is a much faster paced game than its predecessors. You move around faster, die faster, and have many more abilities to keep track of on maps that are larger. And yet… The radar is smaller. If 343i wanted to keep things the same as past games, shouldn’t the radar actually be a bit bigger (like in the Beta) to remain fairly consistent? Now that the radar is at 18m, you can walk into a room and come face to face with 3 enemies that you didn’t even know were there. So, how do you overcome this challenge? You play with friends and communicate with them to figure out a strategy and know where the enemy is. Oh, but what if you’re like me and don’t have friends who consistently play Halo? Well… Then you’re doomed to get your butt handed to you.
> > >
> > > And building off of that, let’s look at the incredibly fast pace of the game. Beforehand, it was not uncommon for me to take on 2, or even 3 players in one go by outmaneuvering them and outplaying them, all while using a BR. But in Halo 5? If you go up against more than one player at once, you’re most likely dead. The fast pace is an unforgiving environment, too much so. You miss half a BR shot, and you’re done. Now, I understand that this forces you to play at the top of your game at all times, but that’s exactly the problem. Sometimes, some of us just want to sit back and relax without having to worry about giving our 110% at all times.
> > >
> > > Building off of that issue are the lack of social playlists. Now, in past Halo games, social playlists allowed you to play with friends on guest accounts, in splitscreen. No splitscreen in Halo 5 means that, technically, there is no need for social playlists. That in itself is an issue, since people used to go in social playlists with their friends just to have a good time, without trying to be the best of the best, while the competitive crowd would stick to the ranked playlists. And it worked. But we can no longer do that, so everybody is forced into the ranked playlists. Now, those of us who enjoyed playing with a buddy on the couch to have fun are forced into the ranked playlists, where we’ll often come face to face with a Fireteam and get our butts handed to us. It’s not fun, not at all.
> > >
> > > And lastly, we have our playlist options. In other Halo games, you had a plethora of things to play. You could go have some fun in Action Sack for some crazy games like Fiesta and Dino Blasters. What if you had a team of 3? Then go have some multi-team fun! Oh, you’re only two? Doubles it is then! Feeling like charging around in a Warthog? Then Rocket Race is for you! In Halo 5, we don’t have any of that. Most of our options are super competitive Arena, super competitive Slayer, super competitive Breakout, etc. If somebody wants to play something social and fun, but not Warzone, their options were always just Infection or Grifball. And even then, Infection was only just added in this month. There are no options, and no options means less satisfaction for players. The lack of Firefight does not help this at all either.
> > >
> > > So while I do like that Halo 5 has a much more competitive direction to it than Halo 4, and really enjoy the gameplay, I feel like completely casting aside the social community for pretty much anything out of Warzone and Infection is not the right direction to take. Halo 5 is clearly locking out a good portion of its fanbase by focusing too much on the competitive side rather than have a balance.
> >
> >
> > There’s scoial and warzone for people like you
>
>
> Social and Warzone are both fully stat tracked just like competitive arena. The only difference is number of players, objectives, and REQs in Warzone.
>
> Not to mention that there is no action sack nor do any of these address the notable acceleration in pace.

Social has always been stat tracked so why should it change? And a slower pace doesn’t make a game more "social or “relaxed”. Warzone has a ridiculously slow pace if you haven’t noticed

> 2533274826434697;14:
> > 2533274895508405;9:
> > Let me get my list:
> > -Tryhards will betray you for power weapons in any non-slayer game mode solely to keep their K/D up
> > -Tryhards will leave the game as soon as they die more than twice in a row in Slayer AND FOUR V FOUR HAS NO JOIN IN PROGRESS
> > -People spawn camp SWAT to boost kills
> > -People spawn camp Grifball to boost kills
> > -People make smurf accounts to derank lesser players
> > -Halo is no longer about map control, it’s about camping and not having a negative KD
> > -Every objective game mode is just Slayer for 3/4 of the community
> > -People think that the ranking system is not broken in Halo 5 (oh it is, don’t kid yourself try-hard) and will “cheat” by having a full team and just camping together the entire game
> > -The no fire team vs fire team option leads to full fire teams boosting in every game mode, especially BTB and Slayer
> > -Breakout sucks, people who like Breakout suck, remove this game mode and give us Oddball or King of the Hill. Breakout tryhards are literal cancer.
> > -Warboost is a joke with every second game being a farm fest by one team or a speed run by one team.
>
>
> Are you trying to make a fool out of yourself? Lol

I feel the same as DHG above. Haha. I’ve never cheated on halo. Saw anyone cheat thus far (and I’m no amateur). Not everyone is a booster nor a try-hard. Although I always I ask myself “why wouldn’t I try hard to win an intense game of arena or warzone”. That phrase never made sense. Honestly, It could be your just not very good at halo. Which is fine! But then you decide to trash the game. Which TONS of people do. It makes me sick. No class…

> 2533274826434697;15:
> > 2533274881560701;13:
> > > 2533274826434697;12:
> > > > 2533274808386392;2:
> > > > Well, it’s a combination of a bunch of small things that require you to play with a team and have constant communication with them in order to succeed.
> > > >
> > > > The first offender is the tiny/useless radar. Right off the bat, we know that Halo 5 is a much faster paced game than its predecessors. You move around faster, die faster, and have many more abilities to keep track of on maps that are larger. And yet… The radar is smaller. If 343i wanted to keep things the same as past games, shouldn’t the radar actually be a bit bigger (like in the Beta) to remain fairly consistent? Now that the radar is at 18m, you can walk into a room and come face to face with 3 enemies that you didn’t even know were there. So, how do you overcome this challenge? You play with friends and communicate with them to figure out a strategy and know where the enemy is. Oh, but what if you’re like me and don’t have friends who consistently play Halo? Well… Then you’re doomed to get your butt handed to you.
> > > >
> > > > And building off of that, let’s look at the incredibly fast pace of the game. Beforehand, it was not uncommon for me to take on 2, or even 3 players in one go by outmaneuvering them and outplaying them, all while using a BR. But in Halo 5? If you go up against more than one player at once, you’re most likely dead. The fast pace is an unforgiving environment, too much so. You miss half a BR shot, and you’re done. Now, I understand that this forces you to play at the top of your game at all times, but that’s exactly the problem. Sometimes, some of us just want to sit back and relax without having to worry about giving our 110% at all times.
> > > >
> > > > Building off of that issue are the lack of social playlists. Now, in past Halo games, social playlists allowed you to play with friends on guest accounts, in splitscreen. No splitscreen in Halo 5 means that, technically, there is no need for social playlists. That in itself is an issue, since people used to go in social playlists with their friends just to have a good time, without trying to be the best of the best, while the competitive crowd would stick to the ranked playlists. And it worked. But we can no longer do that, so everybody is forced into the ranked playlists. Now, those of us who enjoyed playing with a buddy on the couch to have fun are forced into the ranked playlists, where we’ll often come face to face with a Fireteam and get our butts handed to us. It’s not fun, not at all.
> > > >
> > > > And lastly, we have our playlist options. In other Halo games, you had a plethora of things to play. You could go have some fun in Action Sack for some crazy games like Fiesta and Dino Blasters. What if you had a team of 3? Then go have some multi-team fun! Oh, you’re only two? Doubles it is then! Feeling like charging around in a Warthog? Then Rocket Race is for you! In Halo 5, we don’t have any of that. Most of our options are super competitive Arena, super competitive Slayer, super competitive Breakout, etc. If somebody wants to play something social and fun, but not Warzone, their options were always just Infection or Grifball. And even then, Infection was only just added in this month. There are no options, and no options means less satisfaction for players. The lack of Firefight does not help this at all either.
> > > >
> > > > So while I do like that Halo 5 has a much more competitive direction to it than Halo 4, and really enjoy the gameplay, I feel like completely casting aside the social community for pretty much anything out of Warzone and Infection is not the right direction to take. Halo 5 is clearly locking out a good portion of its fanbase by focusing too much on the competitive side rather than have a balance.
> > >
> > >
> > > There’s scoial and warzone for people like you
> >
> >
> > Social and Warzone are both fully stat tracked just like competitive arena. The only difference is number of players, objectives, and REQs in Warzone.
> >
> > Not to mention that there is no action sack nor do any of these address the notable acceleration in pace.
>
>
> Social has always been stat tracked so why should it change? And a slower pace doesn’t make a game more "social or “relaxed”. Warzone has a ridiculously slow pace if you haven’t noticed

Your previous statement acted like social and Warzone were different from competitive arena, when they are quite similar to the core.

My problem with 24/7 stat tracking is that social and competitive stats are linked. I can’t relax in social because it will tank my base stats. I have to play sweaty all the time instead of kicking back or experimenting with my strategies.

And back in older Halos, I never saw the stat tracking, nor was I aware of its existence. I had much more fun that way. Going negative didn’t matter back then. If people want it, cool, but there should be an area where it doesn’t count. (Like FF is stat tracked, why?)

> 2533274826434697;12:
> > 2533274808386392;2:
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
>
>
> There’s social and warzone for people like you

Is there? Please point me towards the social slayer playlist. Oh, there isn’t one… Ok, I’ll settle for social objective. Wait, there isn’t that either? Ok, I suppose I’ll go play some Action Sack! Oh… That doesn’t exist either? I guess I’ll just go play some Race! Oh right, that doesn’t exist either.

Believe it or not, the solution to people not wanting to play competitive ranked playlists isn’t just “go play Warzone”. While I do enjoy playing Warzone, I do want to be able to experience the rest of what Halo 5 has to offer as well. Believe it or not, “people like me” do enjoy playing a good Halo game with 4v4 matches that have equal starts, weapons on map, etc. Thinking that non-competitive players would be content with sticking to Warzone and one other playlist is very ignorant. Halo 3 and Reach had so many options for every type of player, there’s no reason that Halo 5 should not as well.

I think most people just suck at it so they naturally blame the game rather than themselves… 'unfortunate because 343 made a great game.

> 2533274873580796;19:
> I think most people just suck at it so they naturally blame the game rather than themselves… 'unfortunate because 343 made a great game.

To be honest I played LOADS of Halo 4 so I must admit I do not have the best context to have a sound judgement on Halo 5
TTK is a lot faster so I have to work harder to not die, I used to be king of running away!
Radar could be bigger too.
I can’t really complain cos I keep playing!

It’s cause people are losing and/or care too much about their stats to relax and have fun.

It is funny to see so many people complain about pizza skins and warthog skins being too silly and ‘fun’ for halo. Then see so many people talk about the game being too serious and competitive and asking for more laid back playlists and ‘fun’ game modes. I’m not saying they’re the same people saying both, just thought it was an interesting contradiction in perspective.