Why do you play Spartan Ops?

I’ve been pretty well soaked up by Spartan Ops since the day I finished the campaign. I wasn’t sure that I’d enjoy it at first but the more I played the more I enjoyed it. Now I’m curious about why some other people are playing it.

The first time I played them was for the storyline content, since then I been going back through playing them looking for teamwork players and because they are fun when it all comes together.

So if you could vote your choice then post a remark about it I’d appreciate it.

I play Spartan Ops to continue with some similar-campaign missions, watch the episodes as they develop and actually make more sense of the developing storyline that’s Team Majestic in Halo 4.

I play to get used to the controls more, the move over hasnt been really easy, I still hit RB (Recon) for my AA, so I think I am going to sprint and end up using my AA. I like trying not to die. Honing my skills with weapons that I didnt use alot before, so when trueskill becomes visible i can help my team rather than hinder it. I like fighting the AI. I mostly enjoy it because its relaxing.

Just for the story and to get it out of the way. It’s nice to have something new once in a while.

Spartan oþs is awsome just Like Firefight =)

Because it makes the Spartans have a personality and depth that they lacked before.

Also between 3,500 to 6,000 XP per story. Sign me up!

Short, high-action missions that are fun with other people. Also, lots of XP.

I play for funzies. And for gratuitous amounts of XP.

I’m playing for the experience points right now. No one talks, it’s a race, and it generally sucks due to lag. I’ll play solo and test out AAs and perk combos, but other than that I’m not really having a good time with Spartan Ops on any social factor. My real life friends have already abandoned Halo 4 along side my online pals, so I’m just another Random waiting to yoink your kills.

All I can do is hope that these episodes get better and more imaginative and I start running into people I can get along with, because I’m already disheartened over this game.

Mostly for the story, otherwise just for the huge XP gain compared to War Games.

5 minutes in Spartan Ops = 4000-5000 odd XP
10-15 Minute game in War Games = 2000-2500 XP

I think I know which one I’d play for gaining XP

I do something fun everyday with it.

What I do is play 1 new mission a day, (co-operative). And then play the previous mission, (that I played co-opeartive the day before) on solo. Currently just Normal difficulty.

This is making it fun, because I have the one new mission to look forward too everyday, as well as going through casually solo.

Then eventually I will do them on Legendary. :slight_smile:

This is a good system that I recommend.

I play mostly because there is no firefight.

> I’m playing for the experience points right now. No one talks, it’s a race, and it generally sucks due to lag. I’ll play solo and test out AAs and perk combos, but other than that I’m not really having a good time with Spartan Ops on any social factor. My real life friends have already abandoned Halo 4 along side my online pals, so I’m just another Random waiting to yoink your kills.
>
>
> All I can do is hope that these episodes get better and more imaginative and I start running into people I can get along with, because I’m already disheartened over this game.

Yeah I’m getting a little irritated at how most of the random matches seem to more of a foot race than a mission. I work at trying to not get killed while I do the mission, the other people right now seem to only care how fast they can get through it and its taking a little of the fun out of it for me also.

> Mostly for the story, otherwise just for the huge XP gain compared to War Games.
>
> 5 minutes in Spartan Ops = 4000-5000 odd XP
> 10-15 Minute game in War Games = 2000-2500 XP
>
> I think I know which one I’d play for gaining XP

So since you put it that way let me ask you this. If the spartan ops XP was also 2000 to 2500 a mission, would you be playing them still?

> I play mostly because there is no firefight.

If there was also a firefight mode would you still play them?

I play them for the story, for challenges / commendations, for the teamwork factor, for XP, and for fun.

Too bad I could only vote once.

Mostly for the story and to have some fun with friends. Exp is good too, though.

I would still play it, i think one idea about making spartan ops was to make a bridge between halo 4 & halo 5.
As the most of you sure remember, the story always began at the point where the prequel ended.
And I think 343 is doing the same thing, just in their own way.
But i have to say to place heroic as standard is understandable, but if you do so, you`ll have to make longer missions, because 5 min are really a short time.

Easier XP than firefight.

I play them to follow up on where the campaign story leaves us, I feel Spartan Ops will bridge a knowledge gap between Halo 4 and 5