Why do you love Halo?

What are the things that you love most about Halo?

Like many others, the massive universe and engaging stories keep me hooked each and every release. Whether it’s about Chief’s retaliation against the Covenant or Noble Team defending Reach, there are plenty of great stories to tell. The characters are incredible, too. Who could leave out Master Chief? What about Sgt. Johnson, Cortana, Arbiter, Noble 6, Emile…the list goes on.

The original trilogy had a distinctive sense of epicness, something that I’ve never experienced to this degree in a game. Combine the badass of Chief, the huge battles against the Covenant, and the jaw-dropping soundtrack and you have something really special here. Halo is undoubtedly the most epic game franchise out there.

The multiplayer is incredible, too. Each game has consistently delivered insanely fun matchmaking, and I can’t get enough of Halo 5’s Warzone. Whether you’re playing solo, shooting up baddies in Firefight, or just messing around with some pals, there’s also fun to be had in Halo.

The soundtrack is a work of art and is one of my favorite things about Halo. The OSTs from the first three games are especially outstanding, and the energetic themes keep me pumped up during action sequences. Who can’t get amped up to play Halo after listening to Brothers in Arms?

While there are a handful of other things that make Halo the fantastic game that it is, these are the ones that I always think of first. What makes Halo special to you?

Most people tell me that I should leave halo because Im a dinosaur that believes in “no sprint”. But I refuse to leave halo because I truly believe the current developers would, one day come to there senses and make Halo great again!

I love halo because it is among the greatest games in my generation and Halo CE indisputably was the greatest game on original xbox:

1. Super Mario Brothers 1-3 1986
  2. Golden Eye 007
  3. Halo CE
  4. Forza motorsport
  5. Halo 2
  6. Forza 6
  7. Batman Arkham Aslum
  8. Bioshock
  9. Fallout 3
  10. Halo 3
  11. Gears of War 1& 2
  12. Borderlands 1,2 & prequel
  13. Left 4 Dead 1,2
  14. Ms. PacMan
  15. Virtua Fighter
    …Halo5

Games are fun!

i love the history and the multiplayer

Because Halo = Life

Love the Arena - takes skill, coordination to succeed bust most of all it’s balanced and fun. Slaying in arena is just inherently satisfying, it’s a thrill and a contest over and over during a match and win or lose it keeps me coming back for more.

> 2535420373165854;1:
> What are the things that you love most about Halo?
>
> Like many others, the massive universe and engaging stories keep me hooked each and every release. Whether it’s about Chief’s retaliation against the Covenant or Noble Team defending Reach, there are plenty of great stories to tell. The characters are incredible, too. Who could leave out Master Chief? What about Sgt. Johnson, Cortana, Arbiter, Noble 6, Emile…the list goes on.
>
> The original trilogy had a distinctive sense of epicness, something that I’ve never experienced to this degree in a game. Combine the badass of Chief, the huge battles against the Covenant, and the jaw-dropping soundtrack and you have something really special here. Halo is undoubtedly the most epic game franchise out there.
>
> The multiplayer is incredible, too. Each game has consistently delivered insanely fun matchmaking, and I can’t get enough of Halo 5’s Warzone. Whether you’re playing solo, shooting up baddies in Firefight, or just messing around with some pals, there’s also fun to be had in Halo.
>
> The soundtrack is a work of art and is one of my favorite things about Halo. The OSTs from the first three games are especially outstanding, and the energetic themes keep me pumped up during action sequences. Who can’t get amped up to play Halo after listening to Brothers in Arms?
>
> While there are a handful of other things that make Halo the fantastic game that it is, these are the ones that I always think of first. What makes Halo special to you?

Absolutely awesome post. I wish I could Like it more than once. You pretty much nailed it, especially the parts about the campaign, lore, storytelling, soundtrack, epic set pieces of the original trilogy, etc.

I 100% concur. That’s why I’m here, it always comes back to the awesome lore, storytelling and campaign, or at least the campaigns were awesome until H5 showed up. (And even that one played pretty well, had another great OST, and the epic-ness of the setting, despite the awful story.) Halo cannot lose that heart and soul and just completely sell out to the multiplayer crowd like another COD. There are other and better games I can go play if I just want a multiplayer FPS to play matchmaking against strangers. What makes Halo special is its storytelling.

The people I played it with. Both when we could hook our OG Xbox’s to the university ethernet ports and LAN anywhere on campus (used the old DOA trick to rename our Xbox’s to our dorm room phone numbers to coordinate, good times!) and eventually when I joined the good folks under Louis Wu’s leadership at halo.bungie.org. Playing this game with people I enjoy spending time with has made all the difference.

> 2533274961806222;7:
> > 2535420373165854;1:
> > What are the things that you love most about Halo?
> >
> > Like many others, the massive universe and engaging stories keep me hooked each and every release. Whether it’s about Chief’s retaliation against the Covenant or Noble Team defending Reach, there are plenty of great stories to tell. The characters are incredible, too. Who could leave out Master Chief? What about Sgt. Johnson, Cortana, Arbiter, Noble 6, Emile…the list goes on.
> >
> > The original trilogy had a distinctive sense of epicness, something that I’ve never experienced to this degree in a game. Combine the badass of Chief, the huge battles against the Covenant, and the jaw-dropping soundtrack and you have something really special here. Halo is undoubtedly the most epic game franchise out there.
> >
> > The multiplayer is incredible, too. Each game has consistently delivered insanely fun matchmaking, and I can’t get enough of Halo 5’s Warzone. Whether you’re playing solo, shooting up baddies in Firefight, or just messing around with some pals, there’s also fun to be had in Halo.
> >
> > The soundtrack is a work of art and is one of my favorite things about Halo. The OSTs from the first three games are especially outstanding, and the energetic themes keep me pumped up during action sequences. Who can’t get amped up to play Halo after listening to Brothers in Arms?
> >
> > While there are a handful of other things that make Halo the fantastic game that it is, these are the ones that I always think of first. What makes Halo special to you?
>
>
> Absolutely awesome post. I wish I could Like it more than once. You pretty much nailed it, especially the parts about the campaign, lore, storytelling, soundtrack, epic set pieces of the original trilogy, etc.
>
> I 100% concur. That’s why I’m here, it always comes back to the awesome lore, storytelling and campaign, or at least the campaigns were awesome until H5 showed up. (And even that one played pretty well, had another great OST, and the epic-ness of the setting, despite the awful story.) Halo cannot lose that heart and soul and just completely sell out to the multiplayer crowd like another COD. There are other and better games I can go play if I just want a multiplayer FPS to play matchmaking against strangers. What makes Halo special is its storytelling.

Thanks mate, great post as well :slight_smile:

I guess it’s because of its unique storyline, interesting characters and weapons, good mechanics and graphics and finally, an enjoyable multiplayer.

For me, Halo’s allure has always been the sandbox design and combat in Campaign or Firefight.

I enjoy multiplayer quite a bit, but lag and other things always eventually wear my love of multiplayer right down.

Something Halo needs to do right again is offer large battles with a diverse array if weapons, vehicles and enemies to mix up the combat.
Halo 5 only really hit this mark well around Swords Of Sanghelious and Enemy Lines, with a diverse mix of environments and enemy encounters with some of the biggest arenas in the game.
Most of the other levels have moments of brilliance that are quickly brought down by a myriad of large, unused spaces or an overabundance of the same three enemy types (prometheans, ugh).

Also, a big part of my dissatisfaction lately is how Halo 5’s AI just aren’t as sharp as say, Halo 3 or Halo Reach’s (with the exception of Reach’s long range AI that essentially did nothing).

Maybe I’m just far too critical but rarely did I feel like I was facing overwhelming odds like I did a lot in the original trilogy. I bought into the franchise because of the awesome massive battles and the myriad of enemy types there were to mix up the combat as well as the abundance of tools lying around to do your job with conviction.

I will give 343 credit where it is due though, the Campaign update really did improve the AI a lot.

Everything. Specifically the lore.
The Sangheili alone provide so much interesting lore.

HCE came out when I was like 7 and I remember playing a demo that my brother had downloaded and I played it non stop and to this day CE is still my favorite Halo. The music, weapons, enemies, and mystery hold a special place in my nerdy little heart!

Halo was one of the first games I played. I first played CE when I was one, so it’s quite litterally controlled my life. But I prefer the original trilogy. 343 might one day come to there senses but so far it doesn’t seem like it.

I don’t really know. Its just one of those games I never grew out of.

I used to play a -Yoink- ton of COD but now I haven’t bought a new COD in 4 years.

Halo on the other hand keeps dragging me back. There hasn’t been a single halo game ive disliked, every game has kept me entertained in some form.

I just fall in love with halo ce and the love is still growing since this.

When I first saw halo I was blinded by it’s majesty…

I love the style halo has compared to other shooters. It’s a good different

It was the reason I have friends.Bro

i don’t know I’m just hooked and i cant stop playing.