Why do you like Halo?

Hey everyone, I just wanted to make a thread about this since I haven’t seen any recently. The main idea for this thread is for everyone to state why/what they like about the Halo games and everything associated with Halo. And I would also love to hear your first experience with Halo too!

So please! I’d love to hear everyones reasons for liking halo and their first experience with the game/books.

My first experience with Halo was many years ago. I didn’t have an xbox or the game, but the guy who was finishing up the interior of our house did and I was sick from school for a week. So he offered me to play it while he worked there and I took him up on that offer. I was amazed by it. I got stuck in a few places (couldn’t find the switch for the light bridge and was wandering around for like 40 mins), but I had a blast with it.

Later on my friend would come over and bring his xbox 360 and we would play co-op and LAN Halo games. After a while I was hooked and I went and got a Limited edition Halo 3 xbox and my first game for the 360 (obviously the Halo 3).

It’s changed overtime for me.

Before it was just because it was fun. Nowadays it’s the last remaining bridge from my childhood to adult life. I’ve invested so much time into the franchise over the years that it’s actually become a part of me. It’s a form of escapism and is a helluva lot more fun than real life. :slight_smile:

I’m thankful that more games/toys/films are in the works but I’m scared to see what life will be like after Halo. LOL Maybe by then virtual reality will be perfected and I can go escape into another digital world until die. lol

How lucky I am to have found my passion at such a young age.

Halo is what brought my friends closer together, as well as introduce me to many new friends. I cherish the relationships I have.

> Halo is what brought my friends closer together, as well as introduce me to many new friends. I cherish the relationships I have.

^ This is a huge one for me.

Halo: CE + CTF + System Link = Greatest experience ever.

The first halo game i ever played was halo 2. one day my dad brought home an original xbox from his friends house and it happened to have halo 2 in it. ive been hooked ever since. I dont know why. maybe because i just liked slaughtering the grunts…LOL

> It’s changed overtime for me.
>
> Before it was just because it was fun. Nowadays it’s the last remaining bridge from my childhood to adult life. I’ve invested so much time into the franchise over the years that it’s actually become a part of me. It’s a form of escapism and is a helluva lot more fun than real life. :slight_smile:
>
> I’m thankful that more games/toys/films are in the works but I’m scared to see what life will be like after Halo. LOL Maybe by then virtual reality will be perfected and I can go escape into another digital world until die. lol
>
> How lucky I am to have found my passion at such a young age.

I am thankful as well! And hey, if that’s the case maybe you should try and make some aspects of Halo become a reality. I do not doubt that we will some day be traveling faster than light some day! If a black hole can warp time and space and even devour light, I think we can get around some of the laws of the universe.

i like halo because it has brought me and my friends and family closer and shared some good times both online and face to face.

I have answered before but I will sum it up the quickest way I have thought yet.

That part at the beginning of Reach where as the player I put on my helmet. That is it in a dome-shell. When I think of playing Halo, something deep down inside has always envisioned putting on my a Mjolnir-series helmet and readying up for the next…

If I close my eyes at the right moment, I can hear the seams of the suit seal and smell the ionization of the pure air due to the electronics and padding in the helm. It feels like a snug fit but instead of constricting, it feels freeing. As if i can walk through Hell itself and feel nothing on my face but the grin.

> Hey everyone, I just wanted to make a thread about this since I haven’t seen any recently. The main idea for this thread is for everyone to state why/what they like about the Halo games and everything associated with Halo. And I would also love to hear your first experience with Halo too!
>
> So please! I’d love to hear everyones reasons for liking halo and their first experience with the game/books.

well… halo has changed quite a bit. with halos 1 and 2, it was the constant understanding that nomatter how INCREDIBLE that i possibly got, i could still progress to get EVEN MORE AMAZING at the game. the skill gaps on those 2 games was TREMENDOUS, to say the very least. i own 3 halo 1 copies, and 3 halo 2 copies currently, for lanning.

as for halo 3, it was still very fun to play, and i enjoyed it quite a bit. unfortunately my disc got scratched so i cant play it anymore :C i’d get a new one, but there really isnt much reason to because the net coding for that game wasnt that great.

and then you have halo reach, which i dont even play anymore because its so -Yoink!- halos 1, 2 and 3 had mechanics that let good players win. in halo reach you have things like spamming, that enable people who shoot worse to somehow (who came up with this anyways) win encounters, even tho they shot worse. literally could not be more unintuitive here. then you have grenades that are SUPER easy to use, they stick to the ground, have a short fuse time, huge damage, and large blast radius. then you have no-bleed melees that, for whatever reason, remove the viability of shooting from some close combat situations.

so, halo 1, 2 i played for skill-based gameplay. halo 3 i played for fun, and i dont play halo reach because its terrible.

I like,
Halo: Combat Evolved campaign
Halo 2 campaign and multiplayer
Halo 3 multiplayer
Halo 3: ODST Firefight
halo Reach … Well yea :confused: Nothing here
Halo Wars campaign and skirmish mode

So the reasons why I like what i like from each one is because it felt right to me. I could take my time and do things at my leaser. I wasn’t always being rushed to have to do something else.

Its fun.

First experience: getting Halo: CE and an xbox for Christmas years ago. Best Christmas since Donkey Kong Country! xD

I like Halo for many reasons, but I think the reason that many people enjoy it is because the designers have had a strong focus on the social aspects of the game. The efforts made to design a game that can be played with others, whether locally or online, and to share screenshots, videos, and other creations, have really pushed the game into the forefront of the console world. I think we have MS to thank as well as Bungie for introducing us all to Xbox live and giving us features that allow a variety of ways to interact with the people and friends that we play with.

Without a doubt, the story, characters, and music.

As I got Halo 2 with my first Xbox and played co-op with my brother and we were just blow away.

Same here. :slight_smile:

I turned my back on video games for the longest time. Just within the past year however, I have been re-aquainted with them via my kids. It started with a Wii. Looking for something adult to try out, I heard about Dead Space 2. I discovered Dead Space:Extraction for the Wii and was captivated by today’s storyline approach to games (I felt like I was in the movie).

With that, the image of a television commercial for Halo 3 re-emerged in my head. It finished with Master Chief claiming, “I need a weapon.” That commercial had stuck in my head, so when XBox finally appeared in my living room, Halo3 came along with it. A little exploration revealed the HALO Universe, the expansive chronology to it all. HALO was the Lord of the Rings, the Star Trek and Star Wars of video games. And I was an interactive part in it, a well written and genuinely emotional world in which stopping the desctruction of the human race was in progress.

Cheers,
Brad

I LIKE HALO!!! and i made a list

Halo CE: because it supported lan gaming and it was fun to play
Halo 2: because dual wielding and the clan function were fun and xbox live support
Halo 3: Theater mode!!! FORGE!!! and the story
Halo 3 ODST: liked the gameplay of being a non-armor wearing main character and firefight mode
Halo Reach: put the focus back on multiplayer again and FIXED forge mode :smiley:

as far as I am concerned about any future releases by 343i … I would like to see them keep the reach engine and keep making the gameplay more progressive

> > Halo is what brought my friends closer together, as well as introduce me to many new friends. I cherish the relationships I have.
>
> ^ This is a huge one for me.

Same here. The game was a perfect balance between fun and serious. We would have a blast playing and at the same time you could get really serious and step it up a notch and try and pull a win off. I’ve never played a game that lets you joke and laugh your head off while playing a FPS game and still win.