Why do you keep

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.</mark>

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Why do you continue to try and tweak every little thing on Halo 5?
Yes, I can understand your want to get your hands on the game, I do as well.
I would love to play right now, but I’m not going to try and tweak EVERYTHING before I play the game.
Let them release the game. Things can still be changed, or added with an update.
You can obviously discuss what you would enjoy seeing in the game, that’s not the same as you complaining and saying that the videos you have seen are evidence enough that they did something completely wrong.
Let the game come out before you complain about the game not being what you want.
This is a constructive post, feel free to comment.

For the most part, I agree. I’m certain I’ll have a hell of a time playing this thing for years to come, but… there’s this weird feeling in the back of my mind. I can’t describe it, but it feels the need to be worried about something here.

I really hope I’m wrong and Halo 5 is forged in pure awesome.

Well you just got the complainers all excited, great job. Here comes the inevitable fighting and locked forum topic.

“A plac to run my mauth!!! Let’psh coplain down two the vewy boltws connectzing the zpartans amor !!!” -The typical complainer

You still make minor tweaks before a release. you want as few issues as possible, simple as that.

“This is a constructive post”, therefore it is indeed constructive.

Lol, I’m just busting your chops. Seriously though, I agree. The degree to which people are complaining about what I consider to be minor features (Elites in multiplayer, etc.) is TOO DAMN HIGH.

> 2535417899972539;5:
> “This is a constructive post”, therefore it is indeed constructive.
>
> Lol, I’m just busting your chops. Seriously though, I agree. The degree to which people are complaining about what I consider to be minor features (Elites in multiplayer, etc.) is TOO DAMN HIGH.

Someone was complaining about the new grenade launcher, because those never change in Halo.

> 2533274827546373;2:
> For the most part, I agree. I’m certain I’ll have a hell of a time playing this thing for years to come, but… there’s this weird feeling in the back of my mind. I can’t describe it, but it feels the need to be worried about something here.
>
> I really hope I’m wrong and Halo 5 is forged in pure awesome.

I get the same feeling when dating someone.

“Does she like me. Or just want my money”

There is only one solution. Play halo with her. If she plays to humor you, then she just wants your cash. If she plays with you and contributes her hardest to the match or even out scores you. She’s a keeper ^-^

> 2533274803137071;7:
> > 2533274827546373;2:
> > For the most part, I agree. I’m certain I’ll have a hell of a time playing this thing for years to come, but… there’s this weird feeling in the back of my mind. I can’t describe it, but it feels the need to be worried about something here.
> >
> > I really hope I’m wrong and Halo 5 is forged in pure awesome.
>
>
> I get the same feeling when dating someone.
>
> “Does she like me. Or just want my money”
>
> There is only one solution. Play halo with her. If she plays to humor you, then she just wants your cash. If she plays with you and contributes her hardest to the match or even out scores you. She’s a keeper ^-^

Theron Nett, that is seriously the most useful, wisest advice I’ve ever heard. If we ever meet IRL, I owe you a high five of devastatingly epic magnitude. In the meantime you will have to settle for a “like.”

Or its just that this community, any little thing, these people react and panic like little babies over the smallest things and throw hissy fits rather than be patient.

Honestly, in my opinion, at this point, either be patient and just chillout till more stuff is explained on things or just leave.

This community, god…

I mean this isn’t even the aftermath of halo 4, this is between the MCC annoucement and the Halo 5 stuff of more recent years…

And its not even taking the “343 is ruining halo” or “we need bungie back” stuff

Its more like:

Halo MCC had issues at launch, fans go “WTF GO DIE 343, LETS GET ANGRY AND WRITE NASTY STUFF ON THE INTERNET!”
-Because that helped rather than you know, perhaps play the campaign and try the other content than purely just try to attempt a -Yoink!- for old times sake… god people couldnt be patient.

Halo 5 was announced to be all on even starts and the arena style, yet when the leaks a few days prior had shown stuff like clamber, “iron sighting” and ramming, again we got mass panic and hysitera, when the stuff like clamber really didn’t get in the way and the “iron sighting” on weapons like the BR, Sniper, or DMR was no different from the past.

During the beta, when people finally got the chance to help influence the future of Halo 5, 343 doing this to see exactly what the fans would want, rather than construtvice posts like:

-I like the AR and SMG having more use with this scoping deal, i found myself using these two at their intended range, but the scope allowed me a bit more leeway such as going for an assist, finishing a runner, it had more use than merely a backup and assist weapon like the past, but headshot multiplier damage should be removed for the sake of balance with precision weapons, it would give that case of weapons like these, no loss to aim for the body, as its their advantage in hitting the center of mass the player should try to seek, the presicion users, with weapons like a BR, handgun, or DMR, take the final shot to the head, giving them the prospect of a quick kill but they run the risk of dying if they miss that headshot in the heat of the moment.

or

-I liked the new penalty to sprint not healing you. It makes sprinting something that one must consider using wisely, you can still heal if you move at normal speed so you dont need to remain sitting, but this is more of a tool now to use for fleeing or regroup if you are lost or just to gain momentum for say a jump or use with the other abilities, sprint has a risk-reward associated with it, and its situational with the pound and ramming attacks.

But instead what we got flooding the forums was:
-343 stinks! not explaining why…
-This is like COD
-I hate the graphics of this game (depsite it being a freaking beta and not a final build
-I dont like the bro-down
-Remove kill cams! This isn’t COD
-I don’t want a grenade warning indicator!
-Clamber removes skill jumps!

Stop right here for a sec, seriously? I mean by god seriously? A grenade warning indicator? Kill cams? Clamber being in the way? By the prophets, how the hell does this ruin the gameplay? How the hell does this all ruin halo? Have people even played the MCC and seen the difference of greande salvos from classic Halo 2 to the Anniversay mode?

Unlike Halo 3 and 4, you didn’t have to worry about a huge artillary barrage of 8 or so from one person, and when this was with multiple people, god.

I mean Halo 3 you usually only could get 4 max, 2 frags and 2 of the sticky types dependent on map, 4 was a different story, but H2A gives you access to 8 like the classic one does.

Now H2A has that grenade warning indicator, and when anyone, in large groups too, is able to make a nade spam incident just scorch the very earth and make a match go all micheal bay, that grenade warning indicator has saved more lives than I can remember, but in Halo 2, its just a random chance of you get out or you die. Least in H2A you know where to step away from. Halo 3 and 4 didn’t need this, 3 only had you dealing with half of that and didn’t allow it as fast.

Kill cams, honestly, why, why do people waste their breath on something that doesnt matter? Other games did this and no one cared, so why the hell?

And by god, clamber, because it removes skill jumps? Call me crazy but Halo reach gave you the option of a freaking jetpack and no one complained then, this is just double standard BS at its finest. Even halo 3 gave you the grav lift and made getting to high areas a breeze, but again no one complained. Why would anyone fuss over this when you just get where you are going, why do people want to be punished for being one pixel off? Why? Is the halo fanbase full of sadistic people that reveil in their own pain?

And it just gets worse:

With E3 this past week, Warzone made everyone flip out when the whole aspect of “microtransactions” came up and people again freaked out calling it pay to win, when the very act of “randomized packs” by gameplay or buying them, completely bypassed these fools and again, many paniked for no reason.

The only good thing out of this is that people thankfully realized warzone is its own thing and not the same as the majority of the arena modes with stuff like slayer, CTF, big team battle, etc. Hopefully, most realized this… but that the weapons are not for arena means its all the classic even starts deals like halo 2 and 3, simple.

But yet people still paniced and will continue too.

Even for warzone having MOBA elements, its making people flip out.

The problem with “constructive critisim” in this commuinity, is that is often drowned out by the inconhertent ramblings of people that are so quick to judge and pass verdicts with personal negativity, that they arrive at the “this isn;t what I wanted deal.” Rather its simply, they rush to judgement and are so nitpicky with the small deals that generally dont matter, they completely forget they have the options to avoid and not deal with this stuff. From the major parts of warzone simply being, you dont like the mode dont play it, it wont impact the classic arena style, to the minor stuff with people still freaking out with sprint and clamber, its simply, “dude you dont need to use it, you dont need to sprint, you dont need to clamber, but you just make this case harder for yourself” Seriously, if someone was able to top matches playing like sprint wasnt there during the beta, then I’m fairly sure it will work in the final product.

But its just that, people often in this community forget they have a choice in everything they do, weather it be in actually getting the game, to how they play it, just as people don’t need to play warzone, people dont need to use all the abilities presented.

You were always able to decide how you played halo or even if you didn’t want to. In halo 2 you didnt need to dual wield, in halo 3 you didnt need to use the equipment, you dont need to take the warthog if you fear dying, you dont need to take the sniper if you feel its not your strong suit, you dont need to sprint like other shooters try to, everything in how halo is played, is a choice.

The problem is, the community rather than criticize constructively, they use bias and fear to influence their choice in that they feel is unhalo, despite the fact, they can play as freely in anyway as you or me, in a game that actively allows unique playstyles, but people never think, its always rush to judgement.

> 2533274813835911;9:
> Or its just that this community, any little thing, these people react and panic like little babies over the smallest things and throw hissy fits rather than be patient.
>
> Honestly, in my opinion, at this point, either be patient and just chillout till more stuff is explained on things or just leave.
>
> This community, god…
>
> I mean this isn’t even the aftermath of halo 4, this is between the MCC annoucement and the Halo 5 stuff of more recent years…
>
> And its not even taking the “343 is ruining halo” or “we need bungie back” stuff
>
> Its more like:
>
> Halo MCC had issues at launch, fans go “WTF GO DIE 343, LETS GET ANGRY AND WRITE NASTY STUFF ON THE INTERNET!”
> -Because that helped rather than you know, perhaps play the campaign and try the other content than purely just try to attempt a -Yoink!- for old times sake… god people couldnt be patient.
>
> Halo 5 was announced to be all on even starts and the arena style, yet when the leaks a few days prior had shown stuff like clamber, “iron sighting” and ramming, again we got mass panic and hysitera, when the stuff like clamber really didn’t get in the way and the “iron sighting” on weapons like the BR, Sniper, or DMR was no different from the past.
>
> During the beta, when people finally got the chance to help influence the future of Halo 5, 343 doing this to see exactly what the fans would want, rather than construtvice posts like:
>
> -I like the AR and SMG having more use with this scoping deal, i found myself using these two at their intended range, but the scope allowed me a bit more leeway such as going for an assist, finishing a runner, it had more use than merely a backup and assist weapon like the past, but headshot multiplier damage should be removed for the sake of balance with precision weapons, it would give that case of weapons like these, no loss to aim for the body, as its their advantage in hitting the center of mass the player should try to seek, the presicion users, with weapons like a BR, handgun, or DMR, take the final shot to the head, giving them the prospect of a quick kill but they run the risk of dying if they miss that headshot in the heat of the moment.
>
> or
>
> -I liked the new penalty to sprint not healing you. It makes sprinting something that one must consider using wisely, you can still heal if you move at normal speed so you dont need to remain sitting, but this is more of a tool now to use for fleeing or regroup if you are lost or just to gain momentum for say a jump or use with the other abilities, sprint has a risk-reward associated with it, and its situational with the pound and ramming attacks.
>
> But instead what we got flooding the forums was:
> -343 stinks! not explaining why…
> -This is like COD
> -I hate the graphics of this game (depsite it being a freaking beta and not a final build
> -I dont like the bro-down
> -Remove kill cams! This isn’t COD
> -I don’t want a grenade warning indicator!
> -Clamber removes skill jumps!
>
> Stop right here for a sec, seriously? I mean by god seriously? A grenade warning indicator? Kill cams? Clamber being in the way? By the prophets, how the hell does this ruin the gameplay? How the hell does this all ruin halo? Have people even played the MCC and seen the difference of greande salvos from classic Halo 2 to the Anniversay mode?
>
> Unlike Halo 3 and 4, you didn’t have to worry about a huge artillary barrage of 8 or so from one person, and when this was with multiple people, god.
>
> I mean Halo 3 you usually only could get 4 max, 2 frags and 2 of the sticky types dependent on map, 4 was a different story, but H2A gives you access to 8 like the classic one does.
>
> Now H2A has that grenade warning indicator, and when anyone, in large groups too, is able to make a nade spam incident just scorch the very earth and make a match go all micheal bay, that grenade warning indicator has saved more lives than I can remember, but in Halo 2, its just a random chance of you get out or you die. Least in H2A you know where to step away from. Halo 3 and 4 didn’t need this, 3 only had you dealing with half of that and didn’t allow it as fast.
>
> Kill cams, honestly, why, why do people waste their breath on something that doesnt matter? Other games did this and no one cared, so why the hell?
>
> And by god, clamber, because it removes skill jumps? Call me crazy but Halo reach gave you the option of a freaking jetpack and no one complained then, this is just double standard BS at its finest. Even halo 3 gave you the grav lift and made getting to high areas a breeze, but again no one complained. Why would anyone fuss over this when you just get where you are going, why do people want to be punished for being one pixel off? Why? Is the halo fanbase full of sadistic people that reveil in their own pain?
>
> And it just gets worse:
>
> With E3 this past week, Warzone made everyone flip out when the whole aspect of “microtransactions” came up and people again freaked out calling it pay to win, when the very act of “randomized packs” by gameplay or buying them, completely bypassed these fools and again, many paniked for no reason.
>
> The only good thing out of this is that people thankfully realized warzone is its own thing and not the same as the majority of the arena modes with stuff like slayer, CTF, big team battle, etc. Hopefully, most realized this… but that the weapons are not for arena means its all the classic even starts deals like halo 2 and 3, simple.
>
> But yet people still paniced and will continue too.
>
> Even for warzone having MOBA elements, its making people flip out.
>
> The problem with “constructive critisim” in this commuinity, is that is often drowned out by the inconhertent ramblings of people that are so quick to judge and pass verdicts with personal negativity, that they arrive at the “this isn;t what I wanted deal.” Rather its simply, they rush to judgement and are so nitpicky with the small deals that generally dont matter, they completely forget they have the options to avoid and not deal with this stuff. From the major parts of warzone simply being, you dont like the mode dont play it, it wont impact the classic arena style, to the minor stuff with people still freaking out with sprint and clamber, its simply, “dude you dont need to use it, you dont need to sprint, you dont need to clamber, but you just make this case harder for yourself” Seriously, if someone was able to top matches playing like sprint wasnt there during the beta, then I’m fairly sure it will work in the final product.
>
> But its just that, people often in this community forget they have a choice in everything they do, weather it be in actually getting the game, to how they play it, just as people don’t need to play warzone, people dont need to use all the abilities presented.
>
> You were always able to decide how you played halo or even if you didn’t want to. In halo 2 you didnt need to dual wield, in halo 3 you didnt need to use the equipment, you dont need to take the warthog if you fear dying, you dont need to take the sniper if you feel its not your strong suit, you dont need to sprint like other shooters try to, everything in how halo is played, is a choice.
>
> The problem is, the community rather than criticize constructively, they use bias and fear to influence their choice in that they feel is unhalo, despite the fact, they can play as freely in anyway as you or me, in a game that actively allows unique playstyles, but people never think, its always rush to judgement.

nice (seriously). good on you definately taking the time to type that out.

And then you have people who wont play the game because Elites arent in matchmaking…

So this thread is for complaining about people complaining?

Be right back I’m going to create a thread complaining about complaining about people complaining.

Complainception.

People who didint plat the beta: Ground pound is OP!

Me after the beta ended: what? I got killed by it like twice, and maybe got 3 kills with it. I got killed by the shoulder charge and GUNS wayyyy more

> 2533274848599184;11:
> And then you have people who wont play the game because Elites arent in matchmaking…

This is another case:

“News impacts us all differently”

Its kinda like how some people who play games like World of Warcraft are super reactive to the prospect of the MMO going on a different pay model.

For years WoW has been the only MMO to get away with the monthly fee, but now times are catching up to them with people having the option and ability to use in game gold to buy 30 day time tokens. They can even buy them with in game gold if they are inactive, long as they have the gold ready of course.

This makes it so people who have enough, can keep playing and try to make enough for the next month, or sell it to others rather than use it. But not everyone took this kindly, some players resolved to keep using money, others believed it would skew the economy and make the gold masters raise the prices despite blizzard having an active role in preventing this so it would be at an average price that most could afford. Like 30,000 gold or so.

But in the case of well, “elites not being playable”

Honestly, one hitch to me isn’t enough to just say “screw halo 5, I’m not playing it because I cannot be my shangheli warrior or yore!”

Its like seriously? Thats the big reason? Because you want to be a space dino and go “wort wort wort?”

Bungie forced you to be a spartan in modes like Halo 3 and otherwise in most modes in reach, now no one complained then, why because the elites were at least there? The aspect of forcing one to be a spartan has existed long before in this series going back to halo 3, its again if people didnt complain then, why make an issue of it now?

Because one ingredient of the cake isn’t there, its better to forsake it.

Honestly in my opinion, its like if you try to have a very spicy chili, one that has many many hot peppers. Yet one specific one some people like, is left out, despite that, it wouldnt make that much of a difference if it was in or not. And because that one type of pepper is left out, you suddenly get a few people going, that chili tastes bad, despite it having a lot put into it.

I’d rather they finish their work. I can wait.

> 2535417899972539;5:
> “This is a constructive post”, therefore it is indeed constructive.
>
> Lol, I’m just busting your chops. Seriously though, I agree. The degree to which people are complaining about what I consider to be minor features (Elites in multiplayer, etc.) is TOO DAMN HIGH.

Yeah. Minor. Just like the little kind of post they did with 500 and something pages which is the first in these forums, three years now…
Elites in MP
No Co-op Campaign
Customization
“Dead” artistic style (my opinion)

These are not minor features.

> 2533274827546373;2:
> For the most part, I agree. I’m certain I’ll have a hell of a time playing this thing for years to come, but… there’s this weird feeling in the back of my mind. I can’t describe it, but it feels the need to be worried about something here.
>
> I really hope I’m wrong and Halo 5 is forged in pure awesome.

The only thing I’m worried for is Chief’s life.

> 2533274822026756;16:
> > 2535417899972539;5:
> > “This is a constructive post”, therefore it is indeed constructive.
> >
> > Lol, I’m just busting your chops. Seriously though, I agree. The degree to which people are complaining about what I consider to be minor features (Elites in multiplayer, etc.) is TOO DAMN HIGH.
>
>
> Yeah. Minor. Just like the little kind of post they did with 500 and something pages which is the first in these forums, three years now…
> Elites in MP
> No Co-op Campaign
> Customization
> “Dead” artistic style (my opinion)
>
> These are not minor features.

When did they confirm that customization is limited?

> 2535433357507289;1:
> Why do you continue to try and tweak every little thing on Halo 5?
> Yes, I can understand your want to get your hands on the game, I do as well.
> I would love to play right now, but I’m not going to try and tweak EVERYTHING before I play the game.
> Let them release the game. Things can still be changed, or added with an update.
> You can obviously discuss what you would enjoy seeing in the game, that’s not the same as you complaining and saying that the videos you have seen are evidence enough that they did something completely wrong.
>
> Let the game come out before you complain about the game not being what you want.
>
> This is a constructive post, feel free to comment.

See the problem is this: Since the internet and the dawn of forums/twitter/email, as soon as a developer acknowledges someone’s feedback, a mentality is formed that the player can now affect and direct development cycles.

They’re thinking: “Hey I said they should make an ATV in Halo and they did! Therefore I’m responsible for that! I can tell them what I want in Halo and they’ll do it!”. So on and on it goes where people tell the developer what to do, then complain when 343i doesn’t do what they want (they’re not communicating! 343 is killing halo! Why won’t they listen to me!? #haloisdad!) all because they assume their feedback is more important and valuable in the development process than the people developing the game.

> 2533274803137071;7:
> > 2533274827546373;2:
> > For the most part, I agree. I’m certain I’ll have a hell of a time playing this thing for years to come, but… there’s this weird feeling in the back of my mind. I can’t describe it, but it feels the need to be worried about something here.
> >
> > I really hope I’m wrong and Halo 5 is forged in pure awesome.
>
>
> I get the same feeling when dating someone.
>
> "Does she like me. Or just want my money"
>
> There is only one solution. Play halo with her. If she plays to humor you, then she just wants your cash. If she plays with you and contributes her hardest to the match or even out scores you. She’s a keeper ^-^

I won’t have to worry about that, since I’m broke!

Seriously though, people are going off not even 10 minutes of warzone videos and are already bashing it. Leave the complaining till after