Why Do You Hate Perchers?

And by perchers I am referring to the people who in Firefight utilize Jetpack and Sniper to reach a spot high above the rest of the playing field that offers line of sight on most of the map.

The Weekly Challenge has re-equated me with people who seemingly hate me and make it their life’s work to use their FRGs to knock me off the perch whenever they see me up there.

My question is why. I’m not dominating the map anymore than Booger Blaster already is, Jetpacking into the air and blasting his five snot bubbles at the spawning enemies.

So many times I’ve retaliated against said players by telling them, that if they are going to be a jerk, that I’ll just AFK the rest of the game.

they are AI. nobody but their creator might love them.
Other players think you are taking advantage of soulless creatures… jealous of your control over their mindless bodies. Well to them we will say Frag THem! but… there is just that part in each of them waiting for a teammate to pickup “their” sniper-rifle… so they get too, frag their teammate and cap their head. immature.

however when it comes to camping vs players… it is their tactic let them define success personally while we get all the action and skill!! THEY… are missing out. success.

ALso… im new to waypoint, is there a working search bar for the forums and how do I become notified if a player quotes me in a forum??

Personally, I don’t mind if and when a player does that. What I do mind is when the “perched” player uses his other weapon, usually an FRG or RL to bombard me or other players when we are waiting for the next spawn of ememies. Then I have no choice but to retaliate. Why would a “perched” player do that? They gotta know they have something coming or are they just that dumb?

I think that the perchers sometimes get bored and pop off a round or two between cycles to have some fun. I’ve had other people dance in from of me, or pump needles into the wall during the gaps in action. No big. Two things WILL get me to knock you off…

1. not participating. I’m over here dying, and you haven’t fired a shot? Let me wake you up.
  2. deciding to blast my vehicle out from under me. I’m not talking about “Oh - I didn’t realize you just 'jacked the Ghost.” I’m talking about “Hey - you parked the Warthog in an empty field, got out, ran to the back, started firing the weapon, so NOW I have to stop you from getting vehicle kills and reaching your commendation by blowing it up…”

that second one will get me to follow you around with an FRG the rest of the game, and you would never see anything but green flashes and your arms would be numb up to the elbows from the rumble.

Many times I’ve gotten to the perch on glacier and people knock me off so they can take advantage of it. Probably the same number of times 1-2 people just afk up there which is unfair to everyone else. If you’re going to camp out of danger AND play then that’s fine, but if you do nothing while I’m busting my -Yoink- trying to reach the end of the game then I’m gonna annoy the hell out of you.

Last time I played on Unearthed I was in the rocket hog and it was badly damaged, and some -Yoink- with the frg blew it up, so I found myself a concussion rifle and blasted him around the map for 5 minutes until he was killed. You don’t deserve anything in game if you afk in a place free of any and all danger.

I have no problem with it. I do it myself occasionally. People can just be jerks sometimes. That’s the only real reason there is.

Lol not AFKing in Firefight.

I dont, I find a nice spot where they cover my back and blast away. Thanks aerial support =)

I´m a proud Glacier percher, problem? (trollface)

> My question is why. I’m not dominating the map anymore than Booger Blaster already is, Jetpacking into the air and blasting his five snot bubbles at the spawning enemies.

First off that is amazing what you said there.

Secondly, I have no problem with “perchers.” I’ve always seen snipers get up to a place on the main building of Glacier and I’ve always wondered how they got there. I’ve tried to get up there myself but I can’t figure out how haha

> > My question is why. I’m not dominating the map anymore than Booger Blaster already is, Jetpacking into the air and blasting his five snot bubbles at the spawning enemies.
>
> First off that is amazing what you said there.

I have my moments.

> Secondly, I have no problem with “perchers.” I’ve always seen snipers get up to a place on the main building of Glacier and I’ve always wondered how they got there. I’ve tried to get up there myself but I can’t figure out how haha

The two best maps are Glacier, like you said, and Boardwalk.

For Glacier you have to pick the Sniper Loadout, suicide, then pick FRG, run to your corpse and swap out the weapons. Then head out of the base and make an immediate left. There will be a turret there. Stand with the turret directly behind you and jump onto that 45 degree structural support and walk up it, jumping over the cross angle supports. When you see the softkill barrier message come up, stop moving, jump and use your jetpack. Once you’re high enough the pillar in front of you will sweep away at a 45 degree angle, now move forward and land on it.

There you go.

On Boardwalk head out from your intial spawn point and take an immediate right when you are able to. Head all the way to the corner by the door, look slightly to your left and up. You can jetpack up to those rocks there.

Alternatively you can sit on the windows on the level directly above you too. The rocks are better.

> > > My question is why. I’m not dominating the map anymore than Booger Blaster already is, Jetpacking into the air and blasting his five snot bubbles at the spawning enemies.
> >
> > First off that is amazing what you said there.
>
> I have my moments.
>
>
>
> > Secondly, I have no problem with “perchers.” I’ve always seen snipers get up to a place on the main building of Glacier and I’ve always wondered how they got there. I’ve tried to get up there myself but I can’t figure out how haha
>
> The two best maps are Glacier, like you said, and Boardwalk.
>
> For Glacier you have to pick the Sniper Loadout, suicide, then pick FRG, run to your corpse and swap out the weapons. Then head out of the base and make an immediate left. There will be a turret there. Stand with the turret directly behind you and jump onto that 45 degree structural support and walk up it, jumping over the cross angle supports. When you see the softkill barrier message come up, stop moving, jump and use your jetpack. Once you’re high enough the pillar in front of you will sweep away at a 45 degree angle, now move forward and land on it.
>
> There you go.

On glacier you can get to the perch without using the jetpack but you will make it with 1 second left on the out of bounds timer. I think you just need to crouch jump onto the slope then run up to the top, jump onto the ledge at the top and get to the perch before the timer runs out.