Why do you force me to play Reach?

A friend and I were talking and concluded we’ll have to play Reach if we want to do Doubles. It’s our favorite game type and there’s no mention of it in Halo 4. 343, why do you hate me?

And I thought you were gong to ask why they remade Reach under the name of Halo 4… But I agree that doubles is necessary. It is by far my favorite playlist too. Definitely can’t wait for the PC I ordered to ship so that I can get out of this terrible hot steamy pile of Yoink! and play a good game like Starcraft or Counter Strike… Or Tribes haha.

RIP Team Doubles and every other enjoyable aspect of Halo. Instead we get Call of Duty and an update to make it like Battlefield. It was fun while it lasted. ODST was the death of Halo for me. Campaign was halfway decent, but I could see where the franchise was going.

Well if you haven’t noticed, nearly every map is way too Yoinkin big to play team doubles. You might be able to play it on haven and that one map that nobody picks with all the trees and crap, lol.

> Well if you haven’t noticed, nearly every map is way too Yoinkin big to play team doubles. You might be able to play it on haven and that one map that nobody picks with all the trees and crap, lol.

That’s actually a great point. At first I was thinking that they are just stupid but witht heir terrible map design and friggin sprint, they kind of have no options for doubles… Also the Crimson map pack looks terrible and just like more of the same. Just more of the campaign levels rehashed and sold for money.

Where are the original maps? The memorable ones? Aside from Complex being memorable for how terrible it is?

ODST was a great game actually…

i liked reach

I went back to Halo 3, having the time of my life.

Honestly I don’t see why 343 doesn’t just forge us some team double maps. I mean hear me out. They have 3 maps that are never in the matchmaking system but are only in custom and forge. And all of them are capable of constructing a small enough map for doubles to be played from the pieces and stuff I’ve seen, but thats my opinion and i think it could work instead of the weekly put in one gametype take one out thing they’re doing.

if they fixed fileshare and custom games, i would be much more happy.

The fact that 343 could even think about sacrificing one of the core game types that helped define Halo (not to mention all the other things they sacrificed), in order to accommodate poor design choices like Sprint and Jet Pack, prove to me they don’t know what the hell they are doing. In other words, they took a page out of Activision’s book.

After dealing with Diablo III, Halo 4, and Black Ops II, I can safely say I will not be pre-ordering another game by any of these publishers/developers. Instead, I will wait a few weeks and see what the game really has to offer before making my decision. I would have rather not bought Halo 4 if I knew I was going to be playing Reach 2.0.

But even Reach had Team Doubles.

> if they fixed fileshare and custom games, i would be much more happy.

Someone made a Lockout remake, and I would really like to see it, along with all of the HORSE maps that been released thus far.

Don’t get me wrong me wrong I like Reach. I’d just prefer playing the current Halo game. It’s ridiculous that we can’t play what used to be staples in our Halo experience.

Perhaps our slogan should be “Why give us less?”